“Best hilton I have been to, and that as a diamond HH member! Unforgettable, can't wait to go back!”
Review of Hilton Rotterdam

Hilton Rotterdam
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is the most comfortable, amazing hotel ever! It is clean, modern and the staff are friendly and helpful!
It is easy to find and reach, especially by public transportation.
The staff welcomes you already at the check in, they are very friendly, fast and helpful!
I had a wonderful corner room, they are extremely spacious! The bathroom is a dream come true! The bathtub can easily and comfortably fit 2, directly across there is a huge shower with a rain spout from the ceiling and a "normal" function. The rooms are so quite, it is unbelievable! The room is equipped with the most modern "fun stuff". There are so many outlets which is perfect nowadays with all the technology you have. The workspace is fantastic and very comfortable. I love the idea of having a night light in the bathroom, it is so convenient.
The fitness room is small but modern with everything you need!
The executive lounge is the best! The staff are incredible. It is worth every cent! They have probably around 40 magazines you can choose from, many also in English. There are a lot of interesting books. I must admit, I get stuck in there! They have the coolest tea machine ever, I couldn't even find it on the Internet yet with, let me guess, 9-12 different sorts of tea. Of course they have a great coffee machine and plenty of cold drinks to choose from. They are one of the only Hilton's that always have snacks. The quality is high! They often have seafood or sushi in the evenings, including many different cheeses with fresh figs, walnuts and raw ham with melon, vegetable sticks and the friendly staff come around to bring specials, or serve you. The sitting areas are very comfortable. They have a huge table with outlets as well which is what you need nowadays. They have 2 computers, one of them an apple and a printer if you need it. It is worth paying for this lounge!!!
The breakfast is ok. The lady making the omlets is such a friendly happy lady, she just makes your day! The others are very helpful and do what they can to make your breakfast perfect.
In the public areas there is free wifi and the seating arrangements in the lobby make you feel at home.
I highly recommend this hotel, even if you are planning to visit The Hague, you can catch the public transportation around 50m from the hotel, they run every 20min and it costs 3€.
Hopefully more hotels try to be like the Hilton Rotterdam!

Room Tip: I don't think you can make a bad choice... The windows are 100% sound proof!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Eri, Thank you for your extensive review I am very pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay. I also would like to thank and you for your compliments on our hotel and for recognizing our staff. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Seriously unable to recommend hotel to normal guests let alone HH Gold guests. I might even go further and say I will try to avoid in future. Not the relaxing stay I expected and should have had as a Hilton Elite Guest, and lack of recognition and lies are not what I expect from a Hilton. I fear this hotel does not value their Hilton program elite guests.

BAD
=======
Booked Exec Room , and as HH Gold was hopeing for upgrade to a bigger nicer room. Normal 3pm Checkin, was welcomed as HH Gold and checkin agent stated "we have upgraded you to a King Exec Suite" to which I thanked them.

Extremely annoyed to find this was a lie, just the originally booked Exec Room AND...lacking a bath ... a shower only room.
My expectation is checkin must volunteer this poor state of affairs at checkin, AND NOT WASTE MY VALUABLE PERSONAL WEEKEND TIME as I now have to return to desk to obtain room with bath etc etc.

Annoyance then aggravated again by same checkin Op repeating (more than once) that I had been upgrade to an "King Exec SUITE". I told her to stop telling me a standard King Exec was a "Suite" and that I required a bath and I did not ask at checkin as she stated upgrade to a Suite which will always have a bath.

Attitude of checkin was like doing me a favour, to find me an exec room with a bath, apparently a mix of Exec rooms with Bath, or Shower only layout. At this time I again pointed out that I had booked Exec Room, was hoping as a HH Gold , for Room Upgrade to a bigger better room type than booked King Exec, just like I'd been told during first checkin.
Checkin stated as I am HH Gold she would of course have given me a Suite upgrade from booked Exec Room (I guess she meant Junior suite) if available but no Suites are available.

Anyway I now ended up with Standard Exec Room with bath, just same room type I booked. Agent must be stupid, as immediately on new accessing room, I checked online, and Hilton Rotterdam was still selling Junior Suites, and was not even down to last few such rooms as then online search tells you eg 'only 3 rooms this type left. Too much wasted time already, only staying one night, so too tired, polite to go back and point out checkin agents new untruths.

Left room, on my return hotel had left bottle of chilean red wine as a sorry. Excuse me, but why not correct the situation regards lack of HH Gold upgrade/recognition, insult of shower only room, lies about no better rooms available. If i want shower only room then the new 6month old Holiday Day inn immediately across the road is cheaper and preferrable to me.

ROOM
======
Adequate, but I have had bigger, better exec rooms to be honest this looks and feels just a Deluxe Room (on a high floor, which does not make room a real Exec Room to my mind.)
Comfortable bed, pillows, quiet air con, no external noise so slept well. Flat sceen TV, UK chls BBC1/2, ITV1/2 , expensive movies though (fee per movie, no package rate, so I gave a miss). Work desk and chair, plenty of lighting, compact bathroom, bath made very awkward to use by half enclosing sidesto also be a shower, I was not impressed by the attempt.

GOOD
======
Lounge on ground floor (although annoying if on high floors 13, 14) was nice and big, comfy, with reasonable drinks and nibbles in evening. Lounge breakfast quite limited in choices compared to other locations, but used restaurant as on same ground floor instead where choice is greater.

Lounge Staff were excellent, Restaurant breakfast staff were ok too as was polite cheerful breakfast chef lady cooking made to order omelets etc.

Other Bad
=========
Bar unmanned , had to get reception to get me a drink, I wanted to charge to room, I signed the chit only to find bar staff dissapeared as i was signing and did not come back, so not impressed with first two staff areas of hotel encountered, Checkin + Bar areas.

Room Tip: At checkin state if you require a bath or you get a shower only room !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank scuba_in_the_sun
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback.
Unfortunately we could not upgrade you due to the availability. Normally this would not be a problem. As you are an HHhonor Gold member I will contact you in person. Jan Rutgers - Hotel Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Arriving at Rotterdam Centraal station turn left and walk about 1/2 mile down the the road to the roundabout fountain and the hotel is right there. The lobby is large, clean and the staff efficeint and friendly. I was upgraded into a suite which was huge. The bed was great and very restful an dthe coffe maker was augmented with a Nespresso (well worth it in the am!). Breakfast was fine and the restaurant was really top-notch. I had pre-paid a breakfast and dinner package- it was well worth it!
Just outside is the the metro and you need coins (not notes- and the hotel will porvide change) to buy a day ticket (7.4 euro or 10.70 for 2 day pass).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Duddoo, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very pleased to read you liked our Suite and that you have enjoyed all the benefits that are available in the room. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Hilton Rotterdam is located in the heart of the city. The main shopping areas and plenty of cafe's and restaurants are within walking distance. There is also a subway station close by.

The hotel itself has been totally renovated and it shows. The rooms are wel equiped and comfortable. We stayed in an Executive room : it was not very large and the bathroom is positively tiny, but luckily it has an excellent shower. The bed unfortunately was way too hard for my liking. A nice touch was the Nespresso machine with plenty of capsules.
Everything in this hotel was absolutely spotless.

At night there was quite some noise from a nearby cafe and some street racers. We were on the 10th (top) floor and could still hear it, so for rooms closer to the ground floor it must have been worse. Of course this outside noise is not the hotel's fault.

Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and regularly replenished.

Finally, the whole of the personnel was very friendly and really helpfull, so top marks for them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Schietboog, thank you for your compliments on the hotel. I would like you to know that, on request, we have extra toppers which can be placed on the bed. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed for three nights in a room on the fifth floor which was comfortable and quiet even though it overlooked the traffic circle. The only slight drawback was that the shower door was almost too big for the bathroom. The staff were helpful, both at the front desk and in the bar and restaurant. We enjoyed the chef's surprise dinner that was created to meet our dietary needs/preferences. The hotel is a five minute walk from the railway station with frequent service to Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport. It is also very close to the pedestrian shopping area and within easy reach of museums and such.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fellow Traveller, I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our Chef’s surprise dinner in our Restaurant Stadshal. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent three days at this hotel. It was very conveniently located, close to dining, shopping and the central train station. the breakfast was very good. The evening meals were acceptable. I did not like being charged €20/day for internet access. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest, I would like you to know that we do have free WIFI in our restaurant and Lobby. And we have free computers with internet access available in the lobby. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Fabulous hotel in great location. Friendly staff with fantastic service. We had initially booked 2 nights but owing to change in travel plans extended to 4 nights. Great breakfast buffet and the restaurant / bar menu is excellent. Prices are reasonable. We enjoyed the service in the Executive Lounge. The bedrooms are well appointed and bed / pillows extremely comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Philomena, Thank you for reconizing our staff and compliments on our restaurant menu. Jan Rutgers-Hotel Manager