Hilton Rotterdam
Rotterdam Marriott Hotel(Rotterdam)
US$218
US$177
  • Restaurant
Ibis Rotterdam City Centre(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$149
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
1,501 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentral stationthe ground floorgreat hotelwalking distancejunior suiteshopping districtexcellent locationbreakfast buffetexcellent staythe heart of the citybusiness triprootsgymvaletinternetnetherlands
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The title of my review is meant to be ironic. The hotel was indeed good on several fronts but it was let down by the breakfast. The staff were generally friendly. The upgraded room was welcomed and nice, with a good view of the surrounding streets. The location was central to the railways station (it was about a 10 minute walk from the station. You leave the central station at the front and then walk forward to the edge of the station's exterior and take a left. The street seems like a quiet business area. after about 7-8 minutes, if that, you will see the Hilton, across the road, on the corner -- just behind the large fountain. There are various tram and bus stops outside the hotel and if you leave by the back entrance (just by the concierge) turn left and the quickly right you walk about one block and you will find a great restaurant street (with several choices) and behind that several shopping streets. Back at the hotel, the Executive lounge (we are diamond members) were good and roomy and pleasant to hang out in. Its ground floor view of the street was interesting. Shame about the breakfast. On three days we had finished our breakfast before the coffee arrived (without any explanation or apology about the lateness). Once was understandable; three times is a pattern. Then there was the food itself. We have stayed in Hiltons in North America (Canada and the US), several European countries, Vietnam, China and Japan and this ranks as one of the worst breakfasts (the best ever is the Hilton Opera in Hanoi). The food was barely and mostly never replaced when it was depleted and the choices were very limited. The egg station was sometimes missing the chef and even then she forgot my order. In the first time ever we actually skipped breakfast twice in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Kakha, Thank you for your extensive review and for your compliments on the executive lounge. I would like to apologise for your experience during breakfast. Rest assured that I have taken up this matter with the F&B manager for not to happen again with other guests. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I went for Rotterdam carnival for 2 days with a group of friends.
The hilton is a lovely and clean hotel. Very central to metro, shops and restaurants.
I had an executive suite in the hotel there was an executive lounge on the ground floor, you had to use your card to get into the lounge.
But cause it was carnival some people took the poss bring there friends into the lounge to get the freeness.
I suggest for next year that people who books executive rooms have bands then it would be controlled better.
Apart from that my room had bath and shower, sitting room, coffee machine, slippers and dressing gown, iron and ironing board, safe and a bose docking station.
Breakfast was out of this world on the ground floor everything you can think of, even though the hotel was pack the staff was always with a smile and gave fast class service.
I am a Hilton member so I have stay in a few but I really enjoyed Rotterdam.
Thank you to all the staff for all your had work, especially the manager in the executive lounge as I know she was stress.
See you all next year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Karen, Thank you for your feedback and compliments on the hotel. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the breakfast in our restaurant. With regards to your comment about the executive lounge, I would like you to know that we will change the Executive Lounge policy during next year's Summer Carnaval. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Perfect hotel at a very central location. Nice and luxuous rooms, perfect service and friendly staff! Great breakfast and beautiful hotel. We always go to this hotel when staying in Rotterdam. A hotel to return to!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Thank C.H. V

Dear guest, Thank you for your recommendation and for recognizing the staff. I am happy to read you have enjoyed the breakfast in our restaurant. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Always clean, great service from professional staff. Delicious breakfast, comfortable executive lounge, right in the city center. Will definitely recommend it! For business or fun, for me it is the ideal hotel in Rotterdam. I stayed more than 20 times there and was always delighted.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Vedat, Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I am happy to read you have enjoyed the breakfast in our restaurant. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ha da VERY Nice styr at this hotel. The staff were exellent nd VERY helpfull all the Way. We World LOVE to to come back some day.
The hotel Washington next to the shopping Streets ( the worlds frist "gaagade") and 15 minutters Walker from the harbour With a great sightseeing by boat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lone, Thank you for recognizing the staff. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager