We took the bus from the airport to Central Station and walked to the hotel from there (less than ten minutes walk and under half an hour in total from airport to hotel). We were promptly checked in by a very helpful young lady, who was delighted to know we were in Rotterdam for pleasure rather than work and immediately pulled out a few maps to help us around the city, highlighting some points we shouldn’t miss and making other recommendations about where to go.
Our room was on the 6th floor and it is not often that you walk into a hotel room and see the room as shown on the website, but in the Hilton Rotterdam you do.
The room (a standard one) is well laid out, with plenty of space for luggage and a decent sized desk for working (obviously there is a lot of work done in Rotterdam). The bed, with a proper double mattress (not two singles pushed together), was huge.
The bathroom wasn’t huge, but was well laid out, although the heated mirror had been installed for a tall person (suited my other half!) and the shower had an irritating habit of twisting to the side once water was coming out of it. It’s hard to know if that’s a design fault with showers in general, or just in our room.
Once you know the city you know how well the Hilton is located, although in fairness, as the city isn’t huge, everywhere is a pretty good location. The Hilton is a few minutes walk from the shopping area (including the good department store De Bijenkorf) and numerous places to eat.
We had a great drink at the hotel bar on our first night and would have gone back on the second if we weren’t too busy bar hopping! Breakfast was of the usual excellent Hilton standard, but the staff pushed it the next level here and made it an enjoyable and relaxed experience.
The only downsides, if you were looking for them, would be the fact there is no pool or spa facilities, surprising for a hotel of this class and the size of bath and shower in the standard room was slightly disappointing, but I’m sure a larger room would solve that.
In our experience Rotterdam is one of the most friendly and polite cities we have ever visited. This was demonstrated to an even greater degree by all the staff at the Hilton.
A very pleasant two day stay and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rotterdam is set in the heart of the vibrant city center - alive with cafes, restaurant and cultural events. Situated within walking distance of the Rotterdam Central Station and only a coffee and a croissant away from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is located between the entertainment, business and shopping district and the perfect place to explore all that Rotterdam has to offer. A fusion of classic elegance and stylish modernity, Hilton Rotterdam is the ultimate urban retreat. The 254 rooms and suites exude timeless décor, authentic Dutch ambience and home-style warmth. Guests staying in an Executive Room or Suite have access to the exclusive Executive Lounge, where complimentary breakfast, afternoon snacks and all day drinks are served. The hotel offers valet parking, free Wi-Fi in the public areas and a 24/7 fitness. Hilton Rotterdam is proud to host three exciting and enigmatic restaurant concepts. At Roots Rotterdam, we take pride in the high quality ingredients that The Netherlands has to offer and source almost all our produce from local and regional producers. These ingredients are at their best when enjoyed in the season, and therefore we are committed to a high quality seasonal menu. And since we change our menu every quarter, we also adjust our restaurant ambiance to the season. Each season is symbolized by a different color accent, and we play different tunes to set the scene. This way, you can truly experience the season with all your senses. Joelia by Mario Ridder is the one Michelin star restaurant from Mario Ridder, with French oriented cuisine and both classic and innovative dishes. The perfect place to catch up over a cocktail or a bite to eat is cocktail club HUGH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Hilton International Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Hilton International