“Rude, but extremely rude staff and noise room”

Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Rude, but extremely rude staff and noise room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The room is very clean, very comfortable, but extremely noise. It seems the roof was made of paper because I could hear every step of the person above.

The breakfast was good, but the waiters could not be ruder. I mean it. I cannot think of people ruder than those guys.

The best thing about this hotel? it is 5 minutes walking from Erasmus University.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
I'm very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet all of your expectations and I would like to offer you my apologies. Of course I have shared your comments with our F&B manager and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the matter and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Vanessa Cost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Although this is a little outside the city proper, it is a short taxi ride in and is walkable for that matter. The rooms are plain but comfortable - nothing to write home about, but equally nothing to complain about. Great location for Erasmus University, which is just across the street. Book a taxi in the morning as they are hard to find otherwise. Wide choice of food for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for posting a positive review with regard to your stay at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark. We very much appreciate it and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The common areas are of modern design and well maintained. Requests are being followed upon accurately. Especially a big thank you for the two ladies who were looking after us with a amile and great care. (during the sunday breakfast!)

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. It’s always a pleasure to read that our guests appreciated our quality of service. Of course I will share you compliments with our entire team. I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

If you don't expect too much, it's ok. The room was clean. The bathrobe had a serious chemical smell. The cabin directory was worn out and needed to be replaced. The mattress was ok. Service at check out basic. No one asked e.g. how I liked it. FD basics could be improved but that's maybe me. Maybe I'm too picky. Restaurant was nice, attentive, friendly and the food was good. Advert in restaurants that all wines are available by glass but at the end only option for Sauvignon blanc and Chardonnay. The value for money was good. Overall a good stay just a little lack of supervision and details.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
You are definitely not too picky and we would like to make sure we can better serve you next time.
Would you therefore be so kind to inform us in which room and when you stayed with us?
I would be very appreciative. Please see my contact details below.
Thank you again and I hope to welcome you in the future.

+31 (0)10 253 25 32 | H1134-DM@accor.com
Tervuren, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here for the first time and got an upgrade to an executive room.
The service in the restaurant was a bit slow but there were several groups staying over (tour buses) and the place was packed. Service was good, I enjoyed my stay. Nothing extraordinary but you don't stay here unless you are on the road for business.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

They don't know the word - service & client. You will be lucky if you get your order at the bar in 15 min. dinner time - short in staff. Pillow smells musty. Knocking at the door at 9 am when sighted - don't disturb. Condition hardly works. Charge for breakfast even if you are not going to eat - telling you that they can not control who attends & who doesn't. It is far from the city center near noisy autobahn with the people over 60 y.o.
Better skip this hotel.

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. These are not customary facts in our hotel and they do not reflect in any way the quality of service we are used to providing.

To prevent future occurance, would you be so kind to inform me whether you shared this during your stay as well and whom you spoke to? If you would be so kind to contact me via email: h1134-dm@accor.com or provide me with your phone number so that I can contact you directly to further discuss this matter, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you again and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

A smart Hotel on the very outskirts of Rotterdam. All the facilities one would expect from this group of hotels.

My sister-in-law and I stayed as part of a coach tour, our twin room was large, clean and had very comfy beds. As we were on the 12th floor the windows were sealed so no fresh air for us.

The food was good, both at breakfast and dinner, and the service polite and efficient.

The biggest problem for us was that there is nothing around the hotel, so to a degree you are trapped there. We managed to go into Rotterdam one evening, but it is not an easy trip by public transport.

Room Tip: If you don't like lifts ask for a lower floor.