Thon Hotel Rotterdam
US$117
US$118
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Rotterdam City Centre(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
US$58
US$53
Agoda.com
All reviewserasmus bridgegreat locationview of the riversmall roomtram stopsuperior roomnice hotelnice viewmini barbusiness tripwalking distancemaas rivercruise terminalstayed nightshotel is situatedcoffee machinecity
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We got a good price as we took "round the house" type of room. We got a room that was hardly big enough for both to move around, especially the bathroom (we were joking that you can use the toilet and the sink at the same time, that's how close they were). However, the room was clean and for the price we paid we are satisfied. I don't know about the size of other rooms though...
The location is great, just in front of the river and Spido boats departure point.
The staff is polite, but rather cold. The breakfast is charged 18 EUR per person, wifi is not free, if you came by a car you get a free parking infront of the hotel grom 11 pm till 9 am, otherwise a parking in the nearby garage will cost you around 27 EUR per day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here because snow forced us to book an extra night in Rotterdam and this was next door to the hotel we had been in, which was now full. I wish we had looked around more. We paid 40% more than the night before, and, moreover breakfast was not included, but neary 20 Euros each extra! The room was cold and dreary with very little storage space. Clean enough but rather cold and austere.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the riverside.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed here on my own at the last minute for one night after a travel mix-up. The reception staff were vry helpful and allowed me to make a tentative reservation for two nights incase I had more problems the following day.

The view is fantastic and the hotl is a short walk from many of Rotterdam's attractions and city centre. I had single room which was very basic but perfect for what I needed. The wifi was a bit tricky but once you work it out it is quite fast.

Also, upon checking out I had to wait for several hours in the lobby and upon seeing this the receptionist bought me a coffee from the cafe next door which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Eric S, Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your enthusiastic review about this hotel: I am glad to read that we could contribute in a positive way to your stay because of a ‘travel mix-up’.
It is good to read that you experienced a helpful attitude from the staff and a service appropriate to your situation.
Of course I hope we may welcome you again in the future; but then in better circumstances for you.

Best regards
Tulip inn Rotterdam

Eric Slabbekoorn

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Good news:

- great location next to the river
- nice enough food
- friendly and helpful staff

Bad news:

- decidedly poor beds / sleep - no-one got a good night's sleep
- weak systems for billing
- charge for internet

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Eric S, Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to post your 'news' about this hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and the location and that you experienced the helpful intension of the staff.

Concerning your 'bad news' about the beds: unfortunately I do not know what room you were in, in order to check the bed. Usually we just get compliments about the beds, therefor I really regret your experience.
You also noted that there is a charge for the internet. Until now, we offered free internet on the lobby pc and one hour free wifi access in the room. We have just decided to start offering free internet in the entire hotel. So near upon there will be no more charge for the internet.

Finally, I hope that we may welcom you again in the future as a guest of this hotel for a new experience.

Kind regards

Eric Slabbekoorn

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at the Tulip Inn for two weeks on business, ate their really expensive breakfast (not included in the room price), paid for the wireless (also not included in the room price), dealt with their very friendly and helpful staff, had dinner a few times in the cozy and reasonably priced (for Europe) restaurant/bar (try the "Spareribs" - they are "American" sized and quite good), and enjoyed the wonderful view of the Maas River and Erasmus Bridge. The Inn has a tram stop at the front door, and is a short ride to the the Rotterdam Centraal railway station. There is also a water taxi and tour boat quay right outside the front door. The maritime museum and "downtown" is just a short walk away. The room was clean and adequate, but I didn't spend a lot of time in it, either. I would say that I would have been a lot happier if they had included breakfast and internet in the same room price.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business