All reviewscentral stationminute walktram stopprice qualitystayed here for nightscity centrenice roomnetherlands
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Staff is nice and friendly. The room is clean so far and spacious still have enough space for me to walk after I had open my 2 large luggages. The kettle and cups is a bit dusty. Good location just 15 minutes walk distance you can reach the central station. Value for money.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I recently returned from 4 nights here. It was perfect for my needs. You can take a short pleasant 10 minute walk from Centraal Station along the water if you leave from the back part of the train station, or you can take tram number 25 from in front of the main entrance to the station and get off 2 stops later at Schiekade. The hotel is visible as soon as you get off. The location is really ideal. The staff is mostly friendly and helpful, some are more friendly than others. They will lock up your luggage for you if you arrive before room is ready and then lock it up for you again if you check out much sooner than your train leaves. Ask for a free city map from them.

I booked a simple double room in the historic section. Room 128 was actually in between the first and second floors in the back and there was perfect silence, never heard any noise. Simple but tasteful decorations. The bed and pillow were wonderful, I got 4 really good nights' sleep here. I enjoyed the quirky fact that the bathroom and closet were 7 steps down from the bed area inside my room. Good exercise! The blow dryer and coffee/tea making facilities were greatly appreciated.

I chose a deal that did not include breakfast so can't comment on that. For four nights my average nightly rate was just under 60 Euros, so a really great value for money for a big city, in my opinion. I definitely would not hesitate to book here again in the future. Rotterdam has so much to see and do and in addition there are so many great side trips to take that are so close as well, Kinderdijk, The Hague, Delft, etc.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2017

This is the third time I have stayed here. It is a 10-15 minute walk from the centre - but a pleasant stroll. The room is fine - mind you I had to go and ask for coat-hangers as there were none in the wardrobe.

Room Tip: A single room is what it says - a single room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Stayed here for two nights, would class this hotel as functional/business type hotel. Room was spacious with enough storage space, desk and chair with tea and coffee and hairdryer but no fridge!
Breakfast room was spacious with plenty of choice of hot and cold food which was replenished regularly, breakfast cost us 10 Euros per person but maybe breakfast is included on other deals.
A value for money hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The hotel has on offer good value for monies. On the positive side are:
- big rooms (in the new part of hotel);
- It is relatively clean
- It is conveniently located with easy access to the central station.
On not so positive side are:
- issues with speed of internet connection at evening peak times;
- one of rooms I stayed in had issues with electricity, but after reporting them I got a new room straight away;
- a bit noisy ventilation.

Room Tip: Standard rooms in the new part are spacious enough
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business