“This is one of my favourite hotels, literally, in the world!”

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 May 2011

This is the third time I've stayed, the first was when it was part of the Starwood chain as a Westin. What was pure perfection this time round was the fact that they remembered me - it was clear that some of the staff actually recalled me - and they really made an effort to welcome me back.

I booked an Executive Room which is great because you have access to the Executive Lounge and are on a higher floor. the Lounge provides complimentary soft and other beverages, and is quiet with access to a pc and printer. It was lovely to have a nice glass of wine on a Friday evening to relax,

After the first two nights, I wanted to switch rooms and this was no problem at all. As i went off for a run on the Friday morning - around 6.30 am, I mentioned my wish to reception and when I came back just over an hour later, they had allocated me a perfect room and another 2 hours later or so, I had completely re-settled in my new room.

Turn-down service on Executive Floor rooms is a nice touch.

Everyone is so helpful and friendly and for someone who continues to learn and splutter and stutter in her efforts to learn Dutch, their patience is truly amazing!

I literally do not grow tired of staying here and recommend business and leisure travellers to stay here.

If I HAD to criticise something - and i have mentioned this to Manhattan's team - is the fact that there is no free WiFi available to Executive Room guests. I find this unusual as it is a feature within many Hiltons. There is a pc in the Executive Lounge and I never had a problem getting a chance to use the pc but it would be nice to use my own notebook/laptop in my room.

Otherwise, this is truly a remarkable hotel and I have added World Hotels chain to my list of three preferred chains.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheena M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Rooms:
I was lucky to get upgraded to a corner room on the 11th floor, great views, spacious room, flatscreen tv, well-stocked minibar, filter coffee and tea provided for free. The only thing I would change would be to have a harder mattress, but that's personal taste as my back gets a bit sore on soft mattresses.

Food:
Decent, I had both room service and ate in the brasserie.

Service:
Great staff, very friendly. Yvonne at reception directed me to the nearest hospital, when I returned from my treatment I found a get-well card from her and a bowl of fruit in my room. These kind of personal touches make your stay a lot more pleasant.

Internet:
The charges are €10 per hour or €22 per day (they also have 48 hour and weekly tariffs). This was the only low note of my stay, I find it ridiculous that much cheaper hotels such as Best Western and Novotel provide you with free internet, but the moment you go to a 4 or 5 star hotel like Hilton, Marriott or Manhattan you have to pay extortionate prices.

Gym:
Decent sized gym on the first floor with a range of running machines, rowing machines, bicycle, free weights and exercise machines.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Very friendly service, good breakfast (though quite expensive...), good bed and a good night sleep.
The executive lounge was somewhat disappointing, I guess we were expecting something a little more than what it was. It was however, okay.

Location excellent, right outside the central station and close to the shopping streets. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Taking a day off work to enjoy the city, this hotel was a good quick trip. The location is great- across from the train and metro station. The rooms were clean, and the hotel had great service. It was a good night sleep. It's a bit expensive, but great for short trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Modern hotel for business and for the discovery, a few steps from the Rotterdam Central Station.
Modern area where the buildings are one to the other side.
Night rate of 225eur breakfast included. This hotel offers a bar, meeting rooms and the staff is very nice to help you in any circumstance.
We had the opportunity to discover a very nice restaurant in the heart: OLIVA (Witte de Withstraat 15-3012 Rotterdam) at a price of 200 eur for 4 people
I Would recommend it for its atmosphere and ambiance.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2011

The 1st time I stay in this hotel was in Feb 2007. It was known as The Westin. Room was spacious and decor of room was very modern. Bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic! This is a strictly non-smoking hotel and I like how fresh the air is. It is directly opposite the train station and is very convenient for travellers commuting via trains. Very quiet rooms and no outside noises at all even though there was a construction site next to the hotel. It was my husband's birthday and they brought him a little gift. Very sweet gesture.
Stayed for a 2nd time in Feb 2010 and the experience was just as good. Surprisingly, the construction site is still there, but it does not affect us in any way at all.
Will be visiting again in March 2011 and is already looking forward to the stay.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Have stayed in this hotel many times, and find it very comfortable. The beds are great quality, and I sleep better in his hotel than in many others. Location is good, near the city centre and opposite the train station. Restaurant is average, but there are many others to choose from within a short walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business