“Good hotel but not a 5* hotel”

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed here for only one day in a regular room. The room was clean en big enough. The nathroom was also very clean and also big enough. The entree of the hotel is very nive and also is the restaurant and bar. The rooms are average. I will say 3,5* to maybe 4*. The staff is very friendly.
We did book the room from a auction so we dient pay much. The braafst was okay but also average. I wouldt pay the normal price of E 28,50 per person !!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Confortable and well located hotel, but when I checked in, the receptionist has charged in advance with my credit card, 150 Euros for eventual extras. I had already paid my hotel stay at this hotel in advance. THis was the first time I`ve seen this kind of procedure in a hotel. I was told that when I checked out, in case I hadn`t had any extras this charge would be canceled. I am still in the middle of my vacation and only when I return I will have to check with my bank if this debt was really cancelled. I never thought a 5-star hotel would have so much lack of trust in their clients.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Solange L
Reviewed 15 September 2011

As mentioned by others excellent service oriented hotel, very customer centric! They get it!
Excellent friendly and efficient check in and check out.
I took a standard room and it offered everything a business person needs. In terms of improvements I do recommend to foresee more lighting in the bathroom at the mirror and a hand shower either in bath or shower. Shower cubicle is also a bit small but as I said these are minor details. I had breakfast as well. Very nice breakfast area! Breakfast itself did not give me the wow factor but do not get me wrong it is really good! E.g. you cannot order feshly made dishes like poached eggs or pan cakes, everything is buffet. (or at least they did not propose) The scrambled eggs were dry, the bread not that fresh and coffee refill a bit slow while plenty of fresh fruit etc... but again overall very good!
To summarize in my view the best hotel of Rotterdam, no doubts.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night. Service was excellent, location is very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by the concierge who immediately arranged our valet parking. After a swift check-in we were directed to out room on the 8th floor. Our executive room was very neat and quit. For me the bed was an absolute winner; I’ve slept like a baby. In my opinion the overall biggest asset of the hotel is its friendly staff. They really have an eye for detail. For example a plate of tasty bites, a bottle of wine and a personal welcome note were waiting upon our arrival in our room. Furthermore, because of the hotel’s very central location we could easily do some shopping by feet. We will definitely come back to The Manhattan!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

An excellent value with fine service and gourmet quality food. The facility was quite lovely, our room spacious with an excellent view, and we were particularly impressed with the Executive Package which was offered at check-in. The included breakfast was first rate and served in a beautiful dining room with a lovely view. Room service offered gourmet fare, and was served on fine china with silverware. The staff were courteous, and went out of their way to assist us. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I've been in several hotels in Rotterdam, and the Manhattan is my first choice. The location is perfect if you are coming by train, as it is located just in front of the Central Station.

Rooms are modern and very good, big enough for an european taste and will all the desirable goodies (except a corkscrew!). The staff is really helpful, and always with a smile. The restaurant in the first floor offers 3-hours of free wifi and the food is also really good. So, perfect for a business stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business