“Impressive location, business hotel”

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed here with my wife earlier in the year, visiting for a birthday party in Rotterdam.

Overall the hotel is very nice, with a very good breakfast service as well. This review will be pretty short, as this is a fairly standard 'business' hotel. Clean, pleasant to be in, but slightly lacking in personality - but that is not something you are looking for when away on business anyway. The location is excellent. A safe choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. Good to read that overall you found the hotel very nice and that you enjoyed the good breakfast service. The majority of our guests are business travelers indeed, but during the weekends and vacation periods a lot of leisure guests visit the hotel as well.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back personally upon your next stay.

Erik de Wit – General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and conference - the hotel adjoins the conference centre. It was an outstanding stay. The staff were professional without being stuffy, helpful in every way. The room was beautiful, spacious, and very comfortable. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful, well appointed and I really liked the bath products (although the shampoo was a big drying) and I never came back to my room and said, "oh, I wish I had this, or they had done that". Everything was suited to my business travel needs and I felt completely comfortable. I had an excellent dinner at the restaurant and as a woman travelling alone felt completely at ease there. They saw that I had brought work, seated me at a nice table by the window where I was away from the businessmen who were deep in animated conversation. I also had drinks in the bar one evening with colleagues and it felt warm and inviting. The hotel is right across from the train station (very convenient) and also close to shops and restaurants. I also loved the running route maps that the concierge provided - such a nice touch! I would definitely stay there again and recommend it. I also really loved the people and the city of Rotterdam, but that is a bonus :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback regarding your visit at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to share your impressions.

I am very proud to note that you had an outstanding stay and that you felt completely comfortable at the hotel as a woman travelling alone. Providing excellent guest service is our main goal and therefore I am happy to learn your positive experiences in that regard. Good to read that our concierge Lesley Klavert was able to assist you with the running route maps, I am sure that he provided them with a lot of enthusiasm.

Many thanks again for your support. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

had a lovely stay, 1st time we went 5 start will defo do it again, room was massive and very modern, clean - bath robes were a nice touch.

staff we're exceptionaly friendly, couldnt have done enough for us - would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Dede1980,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. Good to read that you had a lovely stay and that you would highly recommend it. Furthermore I am happy that you experienced that the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.

We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a really great hotel, the location is very good, the building is impressive. I was really impressed by the rooms. The staff is impeccable, friendly and professional. Overall one of the best hotels I have stayed in, especially considering the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Stergios V,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind feedback. I am very proud to note that overall, you consider The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam as one of the best hotels you stayed in. As you have experienced, we always do our utmost to encounter our guests with bespoke service.

I trust that you will decide to stay with us again in the future and hope to be able to meet you personally on that occasion.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Room was amazingly big by EUrope standards. Breakfast was a good selection. Hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. Looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your experience at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

I am happy to learn that you appreciated the size of the room and that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. Your kind comments regarding the staff will be shared as it is a great motivation in our effort to keep on striving for excellent guest service.

I look forward to welcoming you back personally on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

this hotel is awesome. Stayed here for a week - my husband had a meeting here as well and after having meetings around the world said this may be the best. Check in quick. location awesome, directly across from train station, trams right out front. stayed on the executive level which was great. Free refreshments all day, with free beer and wine. separate shower stalls in bathroom which is always nice. unlimited devices can connect to internet in the room for one charge only. great views......................

Room Tip: go for the executive level room, includes free breakfast as well
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Camskate,

Thank you for choosing The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam as your preferred hotel. I am very proud to read that, after having meetings around the world, your husband said that we may be the best!

Good to hear that you enjoyed the facilities at our Executive level, where breakfast is included indeed as well as access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary refreshments all day.
I hope to be able to welcome you and your husband back personally on the occasion of your next trip to Rotterdam.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed here for two 2-night stays in April and May, before and after a cruise. Terrific location (adjacent to Rotterdam Centraal, the Metro, and tram lines), quiet and clean rooms, excellent beds, and wonderfully friendly and helpful staff. Great value for the money. Easy 30-minute (nonstop) train ride from Schipol via FYRA, and only a 10-minute tram or Metro ride to a stop within 2-3 blocks of the cruise terminal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank gswVancouver_WA
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay here with us at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. I am proud to read your positive comments on the hotel and the wonderfully friendly and helpful staff.

We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Erik de Wit - General Manager