“Pricey But Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Netherlands
“Pricey But Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at the Hotel as had a professional exam in Rotterdam. It was expensive but has all the style and sophistication that a 5 start hotel should have. Staff were first class, room was very pleasant and well appointed. Location is excellent - just across the way from the train station. All in all, a lovely 5 star experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay here at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass on your positive feedback to our entire team!

Should you plan to return to our beautiful city, please do not hesitate to inform me of your next reservation, giving us the opportunity extend you with warm, personal and bespoke Manhattan service!

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the Executive Office, upon making your next reservation should there be anything I can assist you with!

Erik de Wit – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

one of the top hotels in the city. next to central railway station. close proximity to business district. top location to tourist traps just outside them. very good westin service, next to casino and winner of world luxury hotel award. perfect location for fashion events and top shopping and nightlife. great ivy restaurant serves decent food.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam with us.

Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass on your feedback to our entire staff, which is a great motivation for us all.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rotterdam so we can show you the rest of the city. Our Concierge is pleased to make some nice itinerary suggestions to explore Rotterdam!

Monte Nido, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I came to Rotterdam last February and stayed at the Atlanta which was fine, but not great. I wish the Manhattan had not been sold out at that time as it's clearly a superior hotel. The touches are all modern and very tasteful. The hotel is also right across from Central Station, making it very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. I am very proud that you experienced the personal and genuine guest service in a contemporary environment, which is our main focus here at the hotel.

As you already mentioned, the hotel is very well situated, close to the train station and the main areas of Rotterdam's city center.

Many thanks again for your support. I hope to be able to greet you at the hotel on the occasion of your next stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed here for just one night on business. I got to the hotel at around 11.15pm, the hotel look nice and presentable with a nice entrance. Check in was quick and easy however no offers of orientation. I noted that that the cafe bar was closed, I guess because of the time of night. Also noticed two people making lots of noice around the lifts and I wont type here what they seemed to be up to as they got in the lift (but not this comment for later.) Got to my room, down the dark purple low lit corridors. The room was basic, but nicely fitted out with large double bed, coffee facilities, an expensive mini-bar and tiled floor to ceiling bathroom with walk-in shower. The aircon was quite but didnt seem to do much to warm the room up. I went to the bar to see if I could grab a night cap and small snack to eat. the bar was nice and comfortable, background music, nice armchairs and a relaxing feel at first. I asked for a glass of wine, nicely priced but told that bar fod had stopped at 11pm. I asked for some bar snacks, such as nuts or crisps and got told by the barman that as it was Sunday, there was nothing as nothing is delivered on a Sunday! The young couple entering the lift were sitting at the bar and my instinct was that the young girl worked at the hotel by the way she was dressed, which was really inappropriate on the way they were behaving earlier. The next hour was put up with no more drinks being offerred by the barman, he was more interested in banging around tidying his bar and joking with the couple at the bar who were then accompanied by whom I believe was a secuirty guard or something of that nature and continued between then to make so much noise it was not a pleasent time to sit in the bar. My sleep that night was good, the bed was comfortable however A/C still not up to much. i went to the gym in the morning, to find that it was temporary allocated on another floor. when i got there half the equipment was missing, the one treadmill and one cross trainer broken, no workout in the morning! Breakfast was a good affair, food nicely presented, staff were helpful and the restuarant was bright and airy. Checkout was quick and easy however it always makes me laugh when they ask how your stay is, i poltely explained of my nights stay and the front desk quickly apologises and moves on. So to the general manager, before you reply to this message, dont apologise, get the staff addressed as its too late by now, I have already paid for my stay! Overall not a bad experience, but when you turn up late and need some refreshments and staff to look after you make sure they do and when you advertise the gym for start of day, make sure it works, I will be back as I have to for work reasons, its a better hotel than the Hilton down the road.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank keegan d
Dear Mr. D,

Thank you for your review and sharing the experience. I read it carefully, was embarrassed, did some investigation and had the pleasure of addressing the matter with those responsible.

As you suggested, I won’t apologize to you, but do thank you. Not only for giving the opportunity to improve but also for giving us the opportunity to show you that this was a very unfortunate incident and the incidents do not reflect the usual standards of the hotel.

Next time you travel to Rotterdam, please feel free to contact me personally. I would be pleased to chat about the incident and have a drink with you.

With kindest regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Located in the heart of the business part of the city, it is very convenient.
Room is good, spacious and clean.
Breakfast has a good variety, and service is good.
You can use some airline loyalty cards to get points.

Room Tip: Get a room at a high floor - construction site nearby.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

I am very proud to note that you value the hotel as perfect for your business trip and that you enjoyed the room and various facilities provided at the hotel, including the good service and variety during breakfast.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back at the hotel soon on the occasion of your next trip.

Erik de Wit- General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed here for weekend of carnival and entertainment. Everything is within easy reach the beds were comfortable, very clean and i am very fussy about my bed and my shower. I have to admit the bathroom was immaculate. Yes i would recommend this hotel and even if you cant speak a foreign language don't worry because theres always someone there that can understand you and help.

Room Tip: High floors are best
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear valued guest,

I appreciate your time taken to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the central location of the hotel convenient. Thank you as well for your very positive feedback about our rooms, we really appreciate this!

Thank you for recommending The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I have just returned from a business trip, that I extended into a long weekend, at the Manhattan, which was a 5* experience in every way. I have worked in Rotterdam for over 15 years and there is no other hotel that I would prefer to stay in. In my last review I praised the Brasserie, which again lived up to my expectations - thanks to an excellent job by the Maitre d'. This time I would like to say thanks to a rather unsung hero - Iwon, the Bartender. He works tirelessly and remembers everyone's names and what they drink and gives a very personal service - quite a feat in such a busy bar, he really is an asset to the hotel. I would also like to express my opinion re breakfast. I know that it is expensive, but as it's served until 1.30 at weekends that surely constitutes breakfast and lunch? The choice and quality of the food is terrific and the service is wonderful - especially from Ahmed. This is one business trip that I certainly look forward to twice a year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay here with us at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. Your loyalty during the past years is very much appreciated.

Providing excellent guest service is our main focus and therefore I am very proud to note your positive experiences in that regard. I am happy to note that you tried The Manhattan Brasserie again and that you enjoyed the meals, excellent service and atmosphere.

Your special thanks to our Bartender Iwan, our Maitre d’hôtel Boudewijn and Ahmed are duly noted. Your detailed positive feedback is highly appreciated and passed on to the entire hotel staff, as it is a great motivation to keep on striving for excellent guest service.

Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back personally on the occasion of your next visit.