“High rise hotel in the city centre”

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, United Kingdom
“High rise hotel in the city centre”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a comfortable business hotel in the city centre, next to the futuristic main station. At the moment the surrounding area is building site, so there are good deals to be had (and as long as you request a room high up it isn't noisy). The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and for breakfast I went to the big Douwe Egbert coffee house close by. I ate at the Vapiano, which was inexpensive and excellent value for a lone traveller. I would probably stay again, mainly as it's convenient for the rail station.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Byron R,

Thank you for choosing the Manhattan Hotel as your preferred place to stay and taking some of your valuable time to share your comments.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and explored the vicinity of the hotel for other places worth-recommending. Rest assured that the futuristic main station will be even more spectacular when all works are finished; expect this to be March 2014.

I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This is a very enjoyable hotel for business. The rooms are great, beds very good, no complaints. Love the view. There is an executive lounge, handy and I think if they dim the lights a little bit you can better enjoy the view. Ideally a skybar and some sort of pool, but that is just wishful thinking. Fine choice, in a good location.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear LivefromAmsterdam,

What a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us; thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

I am proud to read that you would describe our hotel as a fine choice, in a good location. Combining our central location with comfortable facilities is exactly what we aim for.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in Rotterdam shortly.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stay at this hotel every 6-8 weeks when I am in Rotterdam. I has never disappointed and always works and is located in a very good location just 200 meter from Rotterdam central rail station where you have trains directly to Schiphol airport. apart from being a good hotel they have excellent staff members who are fast and efficient and friendly. breakfast is very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Timetraveller64,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and support; this and the time you spent to share your experiences is very much appreciated!

I am proud to learn that you enjoy your stay with us on regular base; in particular your comments with regards to our staff members and the quality of our breakfast are appreciated.

I look forward to personally welcome you back in the hotel on your next visit, please contact me of any of my colleagues of there is anything we can do to make your visit even more enjoyable.

London
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is everything you would expect- good service, clean and comfortable rooms and great location (perfect location for the train station but somewhat ugly area around it)! It doesn't wow but it certainly doesn't disappoint in any way!

I would certainly stay here again if I happen to be in Rotterdam!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Jaimini82

What a pleasure to learn that we provided you with everything you expect when staying with us, thank you for sharing your thoughts online. I am proud to inform you that we have entered the final stage of the construction works in the vicinity of the hotel and nearing completion, the end result will be rather spectacular.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in the great city of Rotterdam, particularly when your arrival starts with a wow already.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We arrived in Rotterdam at 10:30 in the morning so were too early for check in but we thought we would try to check in anyway. staff were very friendly and although the room wasnt ready yet the women did the check in procedure and we left our luggage to be put in the room when it was ready. we were told the room would be ready in an hour which it was. Rooms were modern and clean. the beds were very comfortable and views very nice. Gym was well equiped with a couple treadmills, bike, cross trainer and weight machines. i wouldnt really say it was a 5 star hotel but certainly a 4 star. A very nice hotel and would go back if we visited Rotterdam again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelLover2910
Dear TravelLover2910

Thank you for your stay with us; I appreciate it very much that you spent some time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, particular the service provided when arriving early in Rotterdam, the quality of the beds and the impressive views. I am proud to hear that you would definitely consider staying with us again when visiting the city.

Again, thank you for your stay, I look forward to personally welcome you back in the hotel.

Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel is our favourite in Rotterdam and although we decided to try a budget hotel instead this time, we ended up at the Manhattan within an hour of arriving, so many thanks to the staff for accommodating us with a good price and their usual efficiency! If you're looking for a really comfortable base from which to explore, this is it. The beds are brilliant, the air conditioning is actually effective (see my other reviews), the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff courteous - a very civilised experience all round!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jen L,

Great to hear you enjoyed another stay with us, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with fellow travelers.

I am glad to learn that we were able to accommodate you and your husband for another comfortable stay in our house; particularly your comments with regards to the staff’s efficiency & courtesy will be forwarded to our management team, since it serves as an important motivational tool.

I look forward to welcome you again in the future, please contact me when planning your next visit so I can personally take care of your booking.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The hotel was very clean but it is in the middle of ugly building work which spoils the impression. Staff were very generally helpful and friendly. The major benefit of this hotel is the location it is right opposite the station where the bus from the airport stops and a few minutes walk away from the Metro which covers the city. We had booked an executive room and for over £200 per night I had expected perfection. There was no plug in the bath so arriving wet and cold we had to go and find a plug to have a bath from an unmanned reception. Room was standard modern corporate stye, very clean and a nice big bathroom. The breakfast was okay although we were seated at a table with no butter, tea bags or condiments so we had to go and take them from other tables, water from the tea is served in flasks which is too cold to make good tea. Location is as quiet as the grave and as we were 12 floors up there was no problem with noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Delia P,

Thank you for staying with us at The Manhattan Hotel and taking some of your valuable time to share your thoughts. As I understand from your review we did not completely meet nor exceed your expectations during your stay, for which I truly apologize.

I am glad to learn that you value the location of the hotel, unfortunately the current surrounding are not as nice as they will be in spring 2014, luckily we have entered the final phase of the construction now.

With regards to the breakfast I can only say that your experience was clearly not as we envisage for our guests; neither is a missing bath plug. Your comments have been shared with the responsible department heads in order to improve these attention points.
I hope to be able to welcome you again in Rotterdam so we can show our true passion for hospitality, please contact me directly so I can take care of your reservation.