Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
US$117
US$118
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Rotterdam City Centre(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
US$58
US$53
1,642 results
All reviewscentral stationthe executive loungegreat hotelfive star hotelperfect locationseparate showerbusiness triprooms are spaciousjunior suitecity tripbreakfast was excellentnice viewshopping areabreakfast roomcity centremanhattantrain
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very convenient to the city and Central Station. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated and very comfortable.We always stay here if we're going to Rotterdam for less than a week we highly recommend it - we will be back again in July!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SanneTenWolde, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Albertomiami,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great comments on this channel.
I am proud to hear that you have enjoyed your time in Rotterdam and especially in The Manhattan Hotel. I am pleased to read that you frequently return to our hotel for stays shorter than a week and that you would recommend it to friends, family and fellow travelers.

I hope to personally welcome you back in July!

Hospitable regards,

Sanne ten Wolde- Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was interested to be going back to this hotel, which I remembered as the Westin. I am afraid that the change has not done the hotel any favours. I remeber the hotel as new and modern, and it seems that nothing has been done to the hotel for a long time. My room was a reasonable size, with large windows, and the bed was comfortable, and the aircon OK. However, I was amazed at the quality of the sheets. This is a 5 star hotel, and to have thin sheets, which reminded me of a bed and breakfast, is not acceptable. The furniture was ageing, veneer beginning to come off the tables etc. As reported by other reviewers, stains on the carpet and the chair. There had been efforts to remove the stain on the carpet, but evidence remained! No bath robe, etc and HAVING TO PAY FOR WI-FI! Bathroom fine, walk in separate shower, but water pressure poor, and bath towels only just acceptable. The location is very good, and the staff were helpful, but someone needs to spend some money on refurbishing this hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are much larger than the others, corner rooms especially.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lteast,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and sharing your thoughts online. Your comments are highly valuable to us as it is with this information we are able to improve our services.

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations throughout your stay; needless to say this kind of experience is not what we envisage for our guests.
I do appreciate your positive comments regarding the helpfulness of staff, room facilities and location of the hotel.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back though. If you are planning a future visit, please contact me personally so I can take care of your next stay.

Warm regards,

Sanne ten Wolde - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This review is based on what I would expect from a 5-star hotel. Unfortunately there is little about the Manhattan that lives up to this expectation. There are stains on the carpet in my room as well as on the chair, non-descript interior, no bath robe or slippers, and pillows and duvet have a cheap feel to them. It beats me how they can label this as a luxury hotel – there is absolutely nothing luxurious about my room and the public areas do not have a 5-star quality either. The staff is very nice and forthcoming, however, and the location across from the Rotterdam Central Station is good. But all in all I would not stay here again – it’s not worth the money. And they even charge for wifi in the room – 22 Euros for 24 hours. I am quite surprised about the high rating on Tripadvisor; it is the first time I have been truly disappointed after picking a hotel based on reviews here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelbird44
SanneTenWolde, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Travelbird44,

Thank you very much for your visit and taking some time to share your thoughts and experiences with us. We highly appreciate your feedback, since this gives us the opportunity to recognize the improvement points in our organization.

I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had at the hotel; needless to say this does not reflect our true aim for hospitality. Your comments have been shared with our department heads in order to prevent this from happening in the future.
However, I would like to inform you that the hotel does provide slippers and bathrobes in every room other than superior rooms as a standard, as well as upon request in superior rooms.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to show that staying in our hotel should be a very pleasant experience; if so, may I please ask to contact me personally so I can look after your reservation.

Kind regards,

Sanne ten Wolde- Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Great value for money and a wonderful experience. Great service from all of the staff.

I had a corner room on the 9th floor with great views. The room itself was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was fairly standard for a 5 star hotel and perfectly presented.

The hotel is opposite the train station and I was spoilt for choice for restaurants of varying cuisines.

I genuinely have no negatives to comment on.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jsc8,

Reference is made to your recent stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

It is very much appreciated that you took the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor.com
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay and that your overall satisfaction was good.
We attach a lot of importance to your feedback as with this information we are able to recognize and improve the critical points within our organization.
I would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you again at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

Kind regards,

Sanne ten Wolde

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Dirty carpets, smelly room that does not have a window to open to get rid of the smell, fixtures such as shaving mirror in ramshackle state, remote control of which buttons are crusted over with grime. Remember these news articles about how many bacteria can be found on remote controls in hotels, they gave me a 'clean' one.....not...was even worse. And this is not some youth hostel, this is the five star manhattan hotel in rotterdam. 150 euro per night, no free internet in rooms, bikes for rent at 16 euro per day....... Seriously disappointed. Will prefer youth hostel next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rita R
SanneTenWolde, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Rita R,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor.com. We attach a lot of importance to your feedback as it is with this information that we are able to recognize and improve the critical points within our organization.

I am sorry to hear that we have not been able to live up to the expectations you had of The Manhattan Hotel. This is definitely not the type of quality we envisage for our guests. Please be assured that we take your feedback very seriously and the necessary arrangements have been taken in order to prevent similar situations in the future.

However, I am pleased you have accepted my offer to enjoy a complimentary breakfast this morning where we had the chance to talk your experiences through. I have learned, and I am glad, that your stay was not entirely unpleasant and I am grateful that you have mentioned the quality and hospitality of our staff.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Manhattan Hotel in the future. If you do, please make a reservation through me directly (sanne.tenwolde@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com) so I can personally take care of your requests.

Warm Regards,