Before I just wanna say that we stayed in many, many NH hotels in other countries and cities, and that’s why we have chosen this one for our 5 day stay in Rotterdam. We d book best suit available, order room service of their restaurant, watch business channels, enjoy great service at breakfast. Always had the parking free in garage below and free wifi. NOT THIS CASE.
IMHO, the worst hotel experience ever, stayed before much cheaper and better in other NH hotels at least. We booked the double Superior room, cost was 104 per night, breakfast cost 19.50 per person, their parking charges (next door building) 22.50 per night.
Good job we never had breakfast at their facilities, as I see now of other reviews. That just would spoil our staying even more. Instead we ate the most marvellous breakfast at the top floor cafeteria at the shopping centre nearby, that had cost us same price total but for two people.
Room: poor and cold. Room was on the 4th floor, was supposed to be one the best – but windows faced some plant or something that had some pumping or a/c machinery right under that side of the building that were producing working noise all day long. It was NO A/C in the room, no temperature regulators. Instead we found in the wardrobe a dusty old fan. Bed – not comfortable, really really poor bed. Very low and soft, like it had no real mattress, pillows – same story, small and soft, and old. I don’t know if anybody still uses anywhere that sort of pillows. Normally in the wardrobe in NH hotel one would find variety of pillows – not in this one. Bedding – so washed out you would not believe. Its like someone donated that stuff – same for towels. Blanket – tiny anf thin, made of polyester, cold.
The room had the worst lighting ever. As evening would come – you can’t see much, not even have a good lamp for reading. TV set – rather small and 20 years old, carrying a few local channels, BBC and CNN, quality of broadcast very low, probably because of the age of the TV set.
Bathroom – from the start shiny and nice, had zooming mirror that every girl would appreciate – BUT the bulbs were almost dead, my BF couldn’t even shave properly with that light it was that dark and I could not apply my makeup.
MINIBAR – water 500 ml cost 4 Euros. Basically same price for any beverage, like a can of coke 300 ml.
Service – the room had no toiletries when we arrived, and after asking for them on reception – in 4 hours they brought for 2 people only 1 set of toiletries. We stayed 3 nights, room did get serviced, like the bed was made when we would come back after the day, but no more toiletries were ever brought, likewise extra towels, and we were tired of asking for it.
After 1st night we changed reservation from 5 nights to 3, now wishing we haven’t stayed there at all. There are other places that appreciate tourists more; they should have gotten our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Atlanta Rotterdam is surrounded by the city's top destinations for sightseeing, shopping and nightlife. Constructed in the 1930's, this charming, art-deco structure provides a captivating contrast to the sleek and ultra-modern World Trade Centre conveniently located across the street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your NH Atlanta Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Atlanta Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Nh Hotels Rotterdam
- Nh Atlanta Hotel Rotterdam