“Great location for carnival and greatest Sunday late check out time!”

NH Atlanta Rotterdam
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed with 2 friends 14/06/13/-16/06/13 for Rotterdam carnival. It is in a great location, a short walk from Centraal station and the carnival big screen and food stalls were right outside.
The hotel: the hotel was clean and had a kind of decadent, old luxury theme with the large central staircase. I think there could be some upgrades to the lifts and decor. The service was variable but mostly good. The Wi-Fi was unnecessarily complicated but worked. The hotel offered "Lazy Sundays" which meant a check-out of 5pm was included in the price. It was so convenient meaning we could leave our bags in the room and explore before having the option of freshening up before leaving for the flight home. The only problem was the room keys stopped working at 12 so you had to go back to the reception to make them work again.
The room: the room was clean with sizable bathroom and a decent shower. We paid for a triple room. This meant 2 joined single beds and a fold out bed. The beds were comfortable. There was a minibar that had one drink that was already open. We had no intention of using any of the stuff in it so we cleared it out and put our own drinks in it.
The food: we had breakfast included in our booking. There was a lot of choice and food was fine, I wouldn't rave about it but it surpasses some hotels I've stayed in. We didn't try the hotel restaurant for dinner.
Overall: Great location, dated decor, comfortable rooms, average breakfast, 5pm Sunday check out (when we stayed). The price when split between 3 means we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Good location. Very central. Good transport links. Nice lobby area. Rooms OK for a long weekend. Can be expensive. Don't pay more than £60/night.

Issues with poor 'free' wifi so not good for business travellers. Bandwidth is very restricted. Designed in my view to force you into paying a premium for faster service. It wouldn't even download an email attachment. Very poor, and will stop me using this hotel again as I feel I'm being Ryan-aired. In effect there is no free Wi-Fi as its not useable.

This is my 4th attempt just to get onto TripAdvisor!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

satisfactory stay, but as we say, "nothing to write home about." Meets all basic needs but nothing there to bring one back if there are other options. In all respects acceptable, but not an centimeter beyond that. Best thing to be said is that the location is where we wanted to be in Rotterdam

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Before I just wanna say that we stayed in many, many NH hotels in other countries and cities, and that’s why we have chosen this one for our 5 day stay in Rotterdam. We d book best suit available, order room service of their restaurant, watch business channels, enjoy great service at breakfast. Always had the parking free in garage below and free wifi. NOT THIS CASE.

IMHO, the worst hotel experience ever, stayed before much cheaper and better in other NH hotels at least. We booked the double Superior room, cost was 104 per night, breakfast cost 19.50 per person, their parking charges (next door building) 22.50 per night.

Good job we never had breakfast at their facilities, as I see now of other reviews. That just would spoil our staying even more. Instead we ate the most marvellous breakfast at the top floor cafeteria at the shopping centre nearby, that had cost us same price total but for two people.

Room: poor and cold. Room was on the 4th floor, was supposed to be one the best – but windows faced some plant or something that had some pumping or a/c machinery right under that side of the building that were producing working noise all day long. It was NO A/C in the room, no temperature regulators. Instead we found in the wardrobe a dusty old fan. Bed – not comfortable, really really poor bed. Very low and soft, like it had no real mattress, pillows – same story, small and soft, and old. I don’t know if anybody still uses anywhere that sort of pillows. Normally in the wardrobe in NH hotel one would find variety of pillows – not in this one. Bedding – so washed out you would not believe. Its like someone donated that stuff – same for towels. Blanket – tiny anf thin, made of polyester, cold.

The room had the worst lighting ever. As evening would come – you can’t see much, not even have a good lamp for reading. TV set – rather small and 20 years old, carrying a few local channels, BBC and CNN, quality of broadcast very low, probably because of the age of the TV set.

Bathroom – from the start shiny and nice, had zooming mirror that every girl would appreciate – BUT the bulbs were almost dead, my BF couldn’t even shave properly with that light it was that dark and I could not apply my makeup.

MINIBAR – water 500 ml cost 4 Euros. Basically same price for any beverage, like a can of coke 300 ml.

Service – the room had no toiletries when we arrived, and after asking for them on reception – in 4 hours they brought for 2 people only 1 set of toiletries. We stayed 3 nights, room did get serviced, like the bed was made when we would come back after the day, but no more toiletries were ever brought, likewise extra towels, and we were tired of asking for it.
After 1st night we changed reservation from 5 nights to 3, now wishing we haven’t stayed there at all. There are other places that appreciate tourists more; they should have gotten our money.

Room Tip: Stay away :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nataly854
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at the NH Atlanta Rotterdam a few days ago. The rooms are old, not very clean and the beds are very uncomfortable. The breakfast is very disappointing. However the staff is friendly.
The hotel is well located, next to the shopping area in Rotterdam.

Room Tip: Choose a large room if you can
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked this hotel through lastminute.com. There appeared to be some form of communication failure between the two parties and despite making the booking 5 months in advance, when I arrived at 10pm on a Friday night, the hotel had no idea of the booking. Despite me having paperwork to say it was prepaid, it took over half an hour for them to finally agree to give me a room, which I think it far longer than necessary at that time of night. Not great first impressions.

However, the hotel itself was fine. The room was large, light and spacious. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was tea and coffee making facilities, although the tea/coffee was not replenished during my 4 night stay which I find slightly irritating. There is free wi-fi but it is particularly slow. There is an option to pay for a faster connection.

Ther hotel is just a few minutes walk from central station and in the heart of the shopping area. There is a restauant, I did not use it as there are plenty of other cafes nearby.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 7th floor, which was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

The plus point is the location right down town. The Hotel has pleasant helpful staff. The room was just big enough with TV ( quite a few English channels), coffee facilities, 2 single beds (asked for a double but none available), bathroom with bath (shower over). Wifi in room , although slow....the biggest let down was no air con and it was a hot day. Too noisy to sleep with the window open. Breakfast basic but typically continental. Overall, needs air con but otherwise good location.

• Stayed: June 2013