“Good Hotel !”

GreenLeadersSilver level
harwich
“Good Hotel !”
Reviewed 10 November 2008

Have stayed here 4 or 5 times and it's a fine hotel and the location is spot on. The Breakfast Room on the 7th floor has impressive views of the City but the fact that everyting is self service is a little disappointing. However it's very clean and the Hotel has some wonderful Nouveau touches from its heyday particularly the toilets on the Lower Ground Floor !

Stayed November 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
zurich
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Why call this place an hostel ? I booked a standard room (at 160EUR) and when I went to my room the corridor (oldish with poor lights) and the windows (we used to have such glass in the 60s) really made me feel in an hostel. The noise from the street was loud and made me check twice if the windows were really closed. I arrived mid-afternoon and no room was available (I had to return a couple of hours later).

The 25EUR upgrade (fair price) is really worth it: high floor, much larger and nicer, no noise. But for Rotterdam that turns into quite an expensive room in my opinion (even if the hotel location downtown is not bad).

The breakfast is quite good, even if getting boring after 3 days. What was a surprise (they give you vouchers for the breakfast) is that it wasn't included in the room price ! (another 17 or 18EUR per day you discover on check-out). Ouch.

Service was great (even if the bar keeper didn't know how to make most common cocktails).

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Oldish and overpriced
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I booked 22 rooms to stay at Nh Atlanta for the carnival for my group. We got to the hotel at 12pm. Check in was at 2pm, some of the rooms were ready which they gave to us, which I was so glad the recepionist staff are very helful and always put there way out for the clients.

The only thing I never like is that we was all on different floors and different grade of rooms and we all the paid the same money.

Me the group leader had the worst room and complain to the manager, he gave me drinks voucher for the bar, all the rooms at the time were all booked up so, one of my party change rooms with me.

The manager was always there with an open ear. Thanks

The breakfast for the Saturday and Sunday was not all that compare to some off the hotel I have been to in Rottertdam, which is 5. Breakfast on sat and sun was from 7am till 12am. Then it was change on Monday till 10am which some of my group never knew, so we had to go out and had breakfast, because we were travelling home that afternoon.

Some of the rooms were nice, the 5th floor are the best rooms they are modern.

We will be back next year for all who wants to come.

Stayed July 2008
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2008

We stayed at the NH Atlanta for 6 weeks while my husband was there for work. We stayed in the hotel apartment so I can't comment on normal rooms but our apartment was great. The service was fantastic the whole time and all of the staff are lovely. Because we had an extended stay they really went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we needed. The breakfast spread is by far the best I've seen in any European hotel and they also cater extremely well for kids with special toddler plates, bowls and cutlery and kids snacks. I can't say enough about the great staff. Over the course of the 6 weeks my husband and son had their birthdays which the staff found out about during our daily chats. For my husband, they left a bottle of wine with a lovely card in the apartment, and for my son, they wrapped up a soccer ball and gave it to him on his 2nd birthday. Such lovely touches that went well above and beyond normal hotel services.
It's in a very central location, close to shops, supermarkets and the central station. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, breakfast and staff
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Belgium
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Apart from the ambient lobby and great stairways, the rest of the hotel is a bit old. Doors and windows in rooms radiate a penitentiary vibe, hallways need a makeover. Very small room, not suiteable for larger luggage. Soap and towels not replaced.. Breakfast room was too crowded.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 20 June 2007

Excellent 2 night weekend stay.
Double room on a small side but clean and cosy with great bathroom.
Very nice hotel, great service, very good and varied breakfast choices...
Could not fault a thing.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank karot973
Romania
Reviewed 18 April 2007

Very good!!!
Very clean!!!
Very good location!!!
Great breakfast!!!!
I strongly recomand this hotel.
It is 3 star hotel but it looks like a 4 star.
The rooms are small but are very clean and this is more important.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Everything it was OK!!!
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple