“Surprisingly good - a sensible and comfortable choice”

NH Atlanta Rotterdam
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Surprisingly good - a sensible and comfortable choice”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Convenient for Central Station and the shopping areas; recently refurbished room and bathrooms - this is a (surprisingly) comfortable and good hotel to stay in.

I'll be honest, I stayed here because the room rate was very affordable compared to other nearby hotels. The hotel lobby and the outside does look a little shabby - as it is one of the older hotels in town.

The service and actual quality and comfort of the room was very good. Room had free wifi, working air conditioner (a God send for Europe in the summer heat!), and a Nespresso machine with 3 coffee pods! Very nice! No breakfast included as I was on a special cheap deal.

I definitely recommend this as a sensible, affordable choice for Rotterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel (away from the street) if you are noise sensitive - the...
1 Thank PG_Cumbus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 18 July 2014

last week went to drink with some of my co-workers at the bar NH Atlanta
the service was just great
and my special thanks to a great dude,with lot of expirience and very good advise
DUGI u are the greatest barman in Rotterdam
once again thank u
and yeah we are coming back to Rotterdam

kind regards Toni al Milanese

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Also staying at this hotel for the North Sea Jazz Festival - stayed 3 nights.
Loved the atmosphere of the 1930s hotel (one of only 4 buildings left after the Rotterdam Blitz in 1940 I read in the hotel info file) and this was very welcome in the sea of rather dull post-war buildings all around.
My room was spacious and airy, bathroom more than adequate and everything worked well (great to have the illuminated magnifying mirror for slightly older eyesight!) and the bed super comfortable. So I obviously had one of the new mattresses. And at last a hotel room that was the right temperature at night - I didn't wake up gasping for air at 3 in the morning unable to sleep again. Great desk area which was helpful to me. Didn't try the TV. My room (334) was next to the lift shafts but I was not disturbed by the noise (maybe as an old building?).
The hotel has the most helpful and friendly staff - all the ladies on reception did their utmost to ensure that everything I needed was provided (patient help to me with the internet for instance) - and when I had extra requests, housekeeping brought them within 30 minutes. I found it very personal without being in any way intrusive. I had the feeling that they could cope with any issue that they might have to deal with.
And the best breakfast - again, I wasn't bothered by anyone but there were plenty of staff to ask when I did need help (with the coffee machine for instance - which was worth it, the most delicious coffee).
I am very glad I wasn't staying in the Hilton which seemed so impersonal and "could be anywhere" in vibe.
I look forward to returning to the NH Atlanta.

Grangemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were going to the North Sea Jazz festival (this was excellent-well organised and Stevie Wonder was fab!).The hotel is certainly well situated, a short walk from Rotterdam Central station and right in the middle of shops and restaurants.
However, the room was very basic and, although the bathroom looked lovely, the shower was very poor and the toilet was difficult to flush. We had only been given one mug and one breakfast tea bag. I called reception for more on our first morning, I also asked two cleaners but I am still waiting! We had to ask the night porter who arranged for more to be sent up.
The standard of cleanliness was not too high and the tv had very poor reception.
The price of £297 for two nights was ridiculously high for this below average service and standard and, if we return to the festival next year, will not be staying at the Atlanta!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is centrally situated with walking access to good shopping, restaurants and the harbour. While it is a bit old and tired, it is undergoing renovations. While we were there all the beds and mattresses were changed. The staff were helpful and friendly.

1 Thank RobH181799
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This has been a nightmare after we woke up. The bed was the worst even bed we have ever slept in. The mattress was super thin and it would have been acceptable if it was a foam but it with springs. We basically woke up with pain all over our body as the springs were at the point of breaking up from the cover. I could not imagine that they actually still using the bed. Complained at the reception but was told we have to email the manager. How rude can that be?? Instead of calling the manager right away. We wanted our money back. The hotel is indeed dated but the bathroom were big if only a much better lighting and water pressure. This can indeed be a great hotel in a nice neighbourhood but NH has certainly forgotten what a hotel should be. NECESSITY... a good bed. Here, they terribly failed, totally unacceptable mattress quality even for a 1 star hotel. Unless you like acupuncture, then i would honestly advise you not to stay here until they change the mattresses.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room or FOR SURE, A NEW MATTRESS.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LinnBruinewoud, Manager at NH Atlanta Rotterdam, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Mr. Godwin Dumagat,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your opinion and review with us.
We take every complaint very seriously, especially when our guests complain about the quality of sleeping. So, first of all, our sincere apologies!
We in fact agree with you that the beds in our hotel were outdated and needed to be replaced. That is why, what a coincidence, we have replaced and renewed all of our beds the first of July. Every room in our hotel has had new beds, mattresses and pillows. Our new mattresses are very thick and a real pleasure to sleep on.

Because I want to apologize for your your bad sleeping experience with us, and to prove you that we cán offer you the best overnight stay you will ever have, I would like to offer you a free room night in our hotel (two persons, including breakfast and city tax).

Please send me an email when you are available (l.bruinewoud@nh-hotels.com).

I hope you are willing to give us a chance to change your opinion about NH Atlanta Rotterdam.

Kind regards,

Linn Bruinewoud
Quality Manager NH Atlanta Rotterdam
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Location of this hotel is excellent, superior room was rather small but clean. We asked for a quiet room and got what we wanted, but the beds were very hard. The building has some nice art deco touches, but that about sums it up. A sad looking chinese restaurant on the ground floor and a dark bar-lounge give the hotel a bit of a rundown ambience. Upper floors can only be accessed by using the room key in the elevator. Slightly annoying when not everyone in the party has a seperate key !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends