“Friendly, welcoming and great location”
Review of Hotel Breitner

Hotel Breitner
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I only stayed here for two nights, but enjoyed my stay and would certainly reccomend this hotel. The staff were always friendly and welcoming, both on the front desk and in the lovely breakfast area. It's located on a quiet side street, but only a few minutes walk from shops, cafes, and the metro and tram stops so was a very convenient base for my stay. Good value for money, loved the big tea pots, and the ceiling fan helped as it was very warm during my stay - I would definietely stay here again. Only warning, the stairs are very steep, and a little narrow, but there is a lift available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I go to The Netherlands once every year and I have stayed in 4 different hotels and this is by far my favorite. It is like a hidden gem in the centre of Rotterdam. Really well located shops, supermarket, public transportation, Rotterdam Centraal and much more is so so close to this hotel. It is located in a really quit street. Breakfast in this hotel is amazing my mom looked forward to it every morning, if my mom needed warm milk they would warm it for her and by the next day the lady would remember and bring it to her. That was amazing. It also has a smoking room during the night. At first we stay in a room where my mom couldn't smoke in, but the we got transferred to a smoking room it was the last room on the top floor with a balcony. it was amazing. I loved this hotel so much and we will be staying here again as soon as I go again to The Netherlands. I really recommend it.

We stayed here in September 2013. I an't believe it took me so long to review this hotel.

Room Tip: If your a smoker make sure you ask for a smoking room, you will really like it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebeca A
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent location, very friendly staffs, clear, hygienic, with parking, slient area, budget.
You can walk everywhere; breakfast is very satisfactory; you can sleep very well; one of the cheapest hotels in Rotterdam; very safe area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, the rooms are typical European style but had everything you needed.
Staff extremely Helpful and friendly.
Location could note be better, for the shopper just down the street from the major shopping hub, around the corner to museums, and easy walking distance to trains and the river.
After, a rainy day out and not wanting to venture out again, had a relaxing drink in front of there fireplace and ordered in dinner through there menu and the staff set up up for dinner in their breakfast area. Pleasantly surprised upon check out how reasonable eating in and drinks were, and we should of done it more often!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We used the Hotel Breitner as a stepping-off spot for a two-night stay to see Amsterdam, but I came away thinking that Rotterdam is a worthy, even superior, destination in its own right. For less than half of what we would pay at a budget American hotel, we got a beautiful, charming, old -style European boutique hotel with gracious service and a secure individual garage for our car. The hotel is a ten minute walk down a beautiful canal street with cafés and shops to the one hour train ride to Amsterdam. Rotterdam is Amsterdam without the grime, grit, grass and Van Goughs. The area is vibrant with young people on bicycles, yet quiet tree-lines streets that were very serene and well-tended. I can't say enough about the friendly service at the hotel, in particular Will, who helped with maps, assisted in picking out a cheap single-malt Scotch from their collection of over 150, and was always personable with a greeting when we returned from a jaunt. In fact, everyone was friendly, warm, helpful. The rooms are clean, warm, old-fashioned. If I had one negative in this glowing account, it would be with the headboard that kept me from being able to sit upright in the bed. For my money, this hotel is the best value we have found in Europe. I only wish there were more Breitners, more Wills, and more breakfast buffets like theirs. Included in the spread are espressos and eggs made to order, a light and airy atrium in which to eat, and every breakfast option imaginable, from bacon and eggs to yogurt to cereal.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We faced a small courtyard in the back. But the street side was also oddly qui...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a centrally located small hotel that is comfortable and relatively priced. The rooms are clean and tidy and the staff very helpful. There is secure parking alongside the hotel which is also very good for the centre of town.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I took a few days off after a business trip to Gemany and came to explore the Netheralnds. I booked this hotel after seeing the guest reviews. This place is the best kept secret in Rotterdam, perfect location, central, you can walk to all the sight seeing places, clean, comfortable, friendly and helpufull staff. A+

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo