“Nice appartements, however service not on same level”

Urban Residences Rotterdam
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have stayed 5 times in the last few months in Urban Residences appartement which is located directly in the city center. The appartements itself are of high standard with branded furniture (no IKEA) and well equipped. reception is on 5th floor. If arriving out of reception time (09:00 to 17:00) you will be given a phone number of an employeer which you shall contact about 15 min before arrival. The employee will then come to the appartement house to hand over the keys. 4 of 5 times, it went right, one time I was given a wrong number. The knowledge and service level of the people at the reception is very different. So better ask twice if you want to get sure how things are running. I.e. if you ask for further cofee tabs, toilet paper or towels, employee 1 brings it to your appartement within 30min, employee 2 tells you that you have rented an appartement and that you have to take care about these things by yourself. Small appartement service is after two days, which means change of towels and taking rubbish out of the appartement. However you don't get new soap, shampoo or toilet paper. After 5 days cleaning take place. Pre-booking and pre-payment is normally required if you book via homepage. Type in Urban and you will get 10% discount. If asking for discount at the reception, they offer you a pre-paid package of 30 nights for a discounted price. The bookingp policy is not suitable for business travellers as you do not get money back if your travel plans change during or shortly before your business trip. I tried to negotiate one day cancellation fee for no show however they do not accept. Price itself is strongly varying. I paid between € 86 and 140 for the same appartement type (design studio) . They say, it is depending on bookings. € 140.- is definiteley to much if looking on the service which is offered.

Room Tip: high floor level due to view over city
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Tomuc_FTS
There are newer reviews for Urban Residences Rotterdam

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Pros-This apartment is in a great location, in the heart of the city centre- close to all restaurants, supermarkets, the tram stop is just outside of the building. The apartment itself is clean, very modern, well equipped and designed to the highest standard. I loved the view from 16th floor, and I wish they had this concept in every major European city.
Things to improve - I understand this is not a hotel, but I wish to receive more information upon the arrival. The lady at the reception was very nice, but it would be good to have an information pack on the table with all the FAQ. For example, I wasn't sure how to check out since the reception was open from 9am, but luckily I met some fellow travellers who told me what to do :)
I would definitely recommend staying at Urban Residences, it is a great deal in terms of costs, more comfortable than a hotel and also you get to take cool pictures :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank radka1
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent two nights at an apartment on the 18th floor. The check-in was easy and friendly (including the use of a car lift which was a first for us!). The apartment had a brilliant view and was very spacious, clean and contemporary. Best of all was the very central location as we could get around on foot and didn't require use of a car during our stay. Each day one of the lifts seem to be out of order at some point which was a bit inconvenient.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

As a gift, our son and daughter-in-law treated us to a weekend with them at Urban Residences, in a penthouse apartment on Floor 19.

What a fantastic apartment, what great design, what views, what peace and quiet, what facilities, what a good location!

We loved our two nights in the apartment, enjoying the superb views from the floor to ceiling windows in the open-plan white lounge area and from the spacious balcony.

Having checked out the kitchen area, it was a no-brainer to have breakfast in the apartment looking out over the city, and this was easily sorted, as there is a large supermarket just steps away from Urban Residences. The well-designed apartment offers everything needed to prepare meals, from a top quality coffee maker, to a large fridge, an induction hob, and dishwasher. Self catering is not a chore when it's this easy, and with a great outlook.

The bedrooms were big enough, with large wardrobes, full height glazing with electric windows, and superb electric beds, giving you the chance to lay back and enjoy the view once more. The only item lacking was a simple mirror, which would have been useful when four share one bathroom. (Electrically-controlled curtains would be good for those too lazy to get out of bed!)

The bathroom was very spacious, with large shower and large bath, double basin and a lovely view yet again.

There was also a little utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.

We booked parking for our car, a Land Rover Freelander, which fitted into the lift, although we could not bring the top box as the maximum height is 2 metres. Parking on site in Rotterdam in a distinct bonus.

I can't comment on cost, since we weren't paying, but can thoroughly recommend Urban Residences, it's a great place to stay, central to everything you need.

Room Tip: We had apartment 254 - penthouse on 19th floor with the best views south and west, and also eastward...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kompo
Reviewed 9 May 2014

In my last review I promised to give an update. Unfortunately Tripadvisor has the policy not to write another review within a certain timeframe for the same accomodation.

Between last year August and last week, stayed a few times in Urban Residences which already gives away my findings for this location....

Nice friendly reception by the evening staff. Great location, everyting I need is walking distance and to put the car in a safe location. Wonderfull appartment with all facilities one needs.

So all in all, really recommend Urban Residences to others who are a bit tired of hotels and have a bit more personal space.

As to the comment the GM, Thierry Smagge, made regarding the make good champagen. Much appreciated but was I not aware the bottle was put in the room for this purpose. More often than not I find bottles of wine in hotel rooms. A small note would have helped here. In any case, hope this review is better to you liking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a month from February to March and throughly enjoyed my stay - studio apartment on 13th floor.

Check in was a bit bumpy as with all things in Netherlands, the office insisted that they would only be open at 9 am. Traveling as a single lady after a 13 hour flight and arriving at 8 am, the first thing I wanted to do was to check in, shower and rest. Luckily, my cab driver conversed in Dutch and the reception allowed me to use a temporary room to shower and store my luggage.

Room had fantastic view and was comfortable. Housekeeping a bit patchy at the start (dustbins were not emptied) but got better during my stay. Location is fantastic - short 5 min walk to supermarket and shops at the Linjbahn just below. Short 10 mins walk to Rotterdam Central Station. I would highly recommend a stay at Urban Residences and would definitely stay there again if I ever went back to Rotterdam!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank oinkiess
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

From the warm and friendly welcome/check in to the 'wow' factor when we first walked into the executive apartment, our experience of Urban Residences and Rotterdam in General was first class.

The self catering apartment was stunning as were the views, and the overall standard of the build/fittings/furniture oozed quality.

We were even treated to some Easter gifts for our children!!

Would have no hesitation recommending.

Stayed: April 2014