“Nice table in the garden!” 5 of 5 bubbles

De Harmonie
Ranked #40 of 990 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European, French, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice table in the garden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went with 2 friends, it was a lovely night so they had set a table outside. Staff was good, food superb, we had the 5 course menu and a glass of wine. All in all, great gourmet experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Yoviajocontacos J

Hastings, United Kingdom
“Stunning. Classy and reasonably priced for the quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our favourite meal of our Dutch trip. The menu and presentation is what you might deem 'haute cuisine', but I certainly didn't feel as though I had not eaten enough and left feeling replete and thoroughly gastronomically satisfied.

There were some complimentary amuse-bouches served, although as someone who can't bear fish, I'd have preferred something alternative as all three had fish 'qualities'. One was a puffed apple (if I remember) with a small amount of black roe on top. I ate that and it wasn't too unpleasant. There were two others, one of which I didn't like at all owing to the strong fishy taste. but the third one, which had a very thin prawn ravioli was edible for me.

However, that's not to take away from the main meal, which was exquisite.

I had a wonderful carpaccio beef (sliced and small minced balls) served with piccalilli ice cream and chervil root and hazel nuts, followed by a quail with saffron pear with a shallot gravy. The dessert I chose was, again, a faultless orange and yoghurt meringue. We had a bottle of wine and coffee and for two people, the entire bill came to about 150 euros,

If you have dietary requirements, I understand they can accommodate, but if you are adventurous and like to try new things, this is an absolute must visit. I wish I could go back for more....

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Had the pleasure of dining at The Harmonie on a warm summerday. We had a table in the garden and together with the great food a perfect night with my business relations.
Several small dishes were served which looked like litte paintings. Almost to beautiful to eat. But eating was a treat. Great flavors, great combinations.

• Visited September 2013
Mountain View, California
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We very much enjoyed the chef's menu at De Harmonie with accompanying wines (as we had a trip to Paris planned two days later, we decided to limit ourselves to six courses instead of seven :-)
Great food, with some unexpected (but very tasty) combinations. Mostly good to very good wines, with some interesting pairings; one was a bit 'meh'. Lovely ambiance and very good service; friendly and attentive staff.
Not cheap, but great value for money. We'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
Netherlands
“Classy and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We used to go to De Harmonie quite often a few years ago and for some reason we stopped to try other restaurants. My partner took me there just before Christmas and it was a wonderful dining experience. The new menu concept is small dishes - between starters and mains- for 15 euros and only 3 ingredients are mentioned for every dish- not the way they are cooked. I had the goose liver and the lobster and they were both excellent. The lobster was presented in a small dish with a bouillon poured over it and it was firm yet tender. My partner had the beef starter, which consisted of a carpaccio and homemade filet americain. He doesn't usually like raw beef but found it very tasty. His main course of scallops was delicious but the orange puree was a bit overpowering. I had 2 glasses of the 7 euro rose wine and it was very crisp. I would have preferred the bottle to be opened in front of me and the chance to try it first. This is what you would expect from such a high end place. Service was friendly apart from our main waitress who was a bit stuck up. I miss a member of staff who was here at the beginning, a middle aged blond woman who always recognized us and made our diner special, she is greatly missed. It cost 100 euro for 4 dishes, 2 glasses of wine and 2 very nice mccallan whiskey , which is a bit pricey but worth it. Try to go in the summer to lunch/dine in their beautiful garden.

• Visited December 2013