“fantastic hotel with great service”
Review of Mainport Hotel

Mainport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We payed a little extra for a corner view room at the backside, then this was not kept for us so that we had to settle for a 'normal' back view room, subsequently the room manager Simone kindly included breakfast instead, this made our stay which was super anyway, generally we felt that staff went out of their way to provide just a little extra every time, really friendly and helpful, rooms are large and very nice, good bathrooms with sauna (though we did not fancy this in summer this must be great in winter), superb breakfast buffet including a glass of champagne and very good croissants, great views, just next to metro station, would definitely return and warmly recommend

Room Tip: pay a little extra to be at the backside, front seems noisy and back has great views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lumzq
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor!
I definitely remember our conversation and I am very glad that our staff and myself made a very positive contribution to your stay. It was our pleasure having you stay at Mainport and we all look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Mainport Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My 8 year old son and I stayed here for 4 nights in late June 2013 for a conference. The conference was staged partly in the Mainport and partly in the Inntel Hotel next door. Our room booking originally was with Inntel, but we were upgraded to the Mainport at no extra charge.

Our room was on the 10th floor. My son described it as "heaven". After staying in much smaller rooms in London, Aarhus and Amsterdam, the Mainport room was very luxurious.

My son enjoyed the spa bath, TV embedded in the bathroom mirror (so he could watch TV in the bathtub), comfy King sized bed, free wi-fi and indoor pool (with an amazing view of the Rotterdam skyline).

I enjoyed the spacious room, spectacular views over the Harbour, quietness, and facilities (lots of storage, great bathroom).

The staff were unfailingly helpful, friendly and kind, especially to my son, despite the busyness of the conference. We ordered room service, ate the buffet breakfast, and ate in the bar. The food was always good and well priced.

We found the Mainport fabulous value for money (given we were charged our original Inntel room rate). It was easy to get to Rotterdam Central Station (just a few stops on the subway) and reasonably close to shops and museums.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to take advantage of the amazing views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ollieandbiss

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Mainport and your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is great to read that you and your son have enjoyed the facilities in the room, especially the bathroom tv!
We look forward welcoming you back in Mainport
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great weekend break in Rotterdam. Hotel all new and shiny. Great decor. Brilliant concept. However question the 5 star rating, although (to be fair) they dont charge 5 star rates, so you get what you pay for. One frustration, difficult to identify valet parking, as they are based on a busy street corner with no obvious entrance. Parked a block away in public parking, schlepped all our stuff over ourselves and arrived at the desk all hot and bothered. Better signage required...

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grule23
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference at this brand new hotel--that's the kind of situation that really tests a hotel, and this one passed with flying colors. Friendly, helpful employees, beautiful facilities and a spectacular room. Mine looked over the harbor and featured a jacuzzi and sauna. The is MALIN+GOETZ toiletries are fantastic, too. One complaint: no room safe. Some rooms have them but mine did not. The option to leave my valuables at the desk was truly annoying so I just carted my stuff around.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LambchopNZ
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Hotel is very new and fresh. The bar offer a nice ambiance for a drink but not so much people. The view is nice, the design very modern and nothing to say about the service: efficient.
The rooms are modern and the concept of the sauna inside is quite funny.

However they have to install urgently a dark curtain on the window. You have the sun in your eyes since 5 am and impossible to close your eyes. Personally I can't sleep with sun in my eyes.. Hope it will solved soon.

Room Tip: The vue on the canal is great, high floor (if they have curtains)
1  Thank BusinessShipTrav
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor!
As we have just opened on May 13th we appreciate all feedback of our guest to improve our service and standards.
With regards to your comment about the curtains. We have chosen curtains that should block out the sun. Would you be so kind to advise me in which room you have stayed in so that we can check the curtains there?
We truly hope to welcome you back in Mainport Rotterdam in the near future

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The hotel looks good.
The public spaces also.
The rooms are really tastfull and rather big.
Great bed's, great shower and a whirlpool with lights.
But the rooms are also very noisy. All the standard rooms are on the front of the hotel and it seems that the trams are going trough your room. So pay some extra for a room at the waterfront :)
Also all the staff are rather snobby

1  Thank Jasperw

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I would like to express my sincere apologies for the disappointment you feel regarding the service of our staff. I was really surprised to read your comment as I know that our staff is doing their utmost to make the stay of all our guests as pleasant as possible. I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced otherwise and I am interested in knowing more about your personal experience. This would help me and the staff to improve our service. If you have time, would you be able to contact me via +31 (0)10 2175757 or via reservations@mainporthotel.com?
With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here two nights earlier this week on business. Lovely large room with waterfront view and a massive comfortable bed.
My booked room had a huge whirlpool bath (fun but sounds rather like a jet plane taking off when activated), rain shower and private sauna. Good amenities provided too.
The rooms have a well stocked minibar and lots of snacks to purchase too as well as a coffeemaker.
I liked the fact that there was an ironing board & iron in the wardrobe - something that seems decidedly lacking in a lot of hotels these days but their presence is handy if you need to iron something to wear to a business meeting!
The location is good - Leuvehaven metro is right outside - right next to the Erasmus Bridge and most things are easy to walk to.
Friendly bar staff and a good cocktail list: I ate in the restaurant one evening - the spring rolls were delicious but the steak was only OK. Still a pretty good meal though and a good selection on the menu.
For the quality & service I think the price I paid was excellent & very good value for money: I don't know if that is a special rate at the moment though as it hasn't been open very long.
My only gripe is that on arrival the room felt a little stuffy (I was probably just a little overheated from travelling) so I opened the window... unaware that mosquitoes can be a a bit of a nuisance in Rotterdam. I paid the price that night and was fairly eaten alive. I just wish I had been warned ;-)
Overall however I heartily recommend the Mainport.