“Luxuriously modern”

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Geneva
“Luxuriously modern”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had the pleasure to stay in this hotel for two nights during the month of October.

CHECK - IN

I was promptly greeted by the Front Desk Manager and a colleague upon my arrival at 10 am. Professional staff that speak impeccable English. Very swift check-in. After I requested for a upgrade, the staff changed my room to 880 which has a beautiful view on the river.

ROOM

Beautiful design, colors and materials used in this hotel. Everything is squeaky clean. Love the big bathroom with the neat TV in the mirror. Toiletries are lovely, as well. Despite being a sensitive person, this hotel clearly exceeded my expectations.

LOCATION

Great location, although a 8-10 walk is needed to reach the center of Rotterdam.

CONCLUSION

Perfect price/quality ratio. The special person I met in this beautiful city combined with the quality of this hotel created an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dathrilla
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your compliments on Tripadvisor!
And after you mentioned your roomnumber I immediately remembered assisting you upon check in together with our Front Office Manager Marten. Thank you for the compliments on our English!

I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay at Mainport and you enjoyed your time in Rotterdam. We truly look forward welcoming you back soon!

With kindest regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location. Its a brand new building with nice views overlooking a canal wih modern buildings and Erasmus bridge. Gorgeous lobby, beautiful rooms, gorgeous bathrooms. Perhaps a bit overdesigned. Immaculate, spottless, sleek. My only compaint would be - no doors on a shower, so the bathroom floor floods every time one takes a shower. Very curteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Leotar,
Thank you for your stay at Mainport and for the time you have taken to inform Tripadvisor about your experience. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.
My sincere apologies for the inconveniece regarding the shower situation you have had in your room. Unfortunately some bathroom floors were not placed correctly. We have a solution that we hope to implement very soon.
Kind regards
SImone van der Veen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This 5-star hotel was very nice and relatively cheap (about €90 per night without breakfast).
We stayed in room 882, which is a corner room and has the most amazing view!
The front desk staff and concierge need to be a bit more attentive though. They forgot to do a dinner reservation for us on a Saturday night and we had to remind them at 7pm! They could only find a 9pm reservation in a popular restaurant, but I managed to find an 8pm one in the same restaurant through an online booking system.
Generally the staff seemed to be trying, but they need a bit more so that the 5-star hotel status reflects on the services.
The spa was nice and apparently you have to respect the rules of the sauna and be naked!!!
Do not rent a bike from the hotel as they charge €17.50 a day. If you go to a bike shop that they work with, you can get it for €9.50 a day.
We wanted to do a late check out and it was €20 until 3pm or €40 until 6pm. My partner wanted to do a facial treatment in the spa at 6pm which costs €50 and they let us keep our room until 7pm without an extra charge! I thought that this was very kind and generous from them, that's why I have them 4 stars instead of 3.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay at Mainport.

Mainport opened 6 months ago and we are still working on our contacts with the surrounding restaurants to arrange better deals and favors for our guests. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the dinner reservation that was not made. I will make sure to discuss this with the reservations department and concierge to prevent this from reoccurring.

I look forward to welcome you back in Mainport in the near future and to show you that we are able to offer an excellent 5 star service!

With kind regards,

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Mainport hotel in Rotterdam for one night for our anniversary. Location is perfect, near the water and city centre and right across metro station Leuvehaven. We slept in the Waterfront spa room on the third floor (polar themed). The room was beautiful! It comes with a lot of amenities. Ironing board, espresso machine, water kettle, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, safe and umbrella that you can borrow. The king-size bed was very comfortable. There is also a huge round jacuzzi in the room. On top of that there is a rain-shower and a relaxing sauna in the bathroom. When you stay at Mainport you have free access to their Spa on the 8th floor. There is a reasonable sized swimming pool, turkish steam bath and a sauna. It was very nice. Personnel was very friendly and helpful. The only minus points I can think of is that I requested a room on the 8th floor when making my reservations and we were supposed to get it, it was even printed out on our card, but at check-in they gave us a room on the 3rd floor. And the breakfast was a bit overpriced for what you get, it was delicious nonetheless.

All in all we had an amazing time at Mainport and we would definitely go there again. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Inge,

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor! I am very pleased to read that you have fully enjoyed your stay in Mainport.

My sincere apologies for the changing of floors. We do our utmost to arrange the floor that is requested but this is subject to what is available at the time you check in. All floors have a different themes and the Polar theme on the 3rd floor is one of our favorites as it is a very light, bright and peaceful room. I am very glad that you have enjoyed it.

I will forward your comments about the breakfast buffet to our Food & Beverage Manager to check on the selections that are offered.

Thank you again for your stay and review and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!
Kindest regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My recent stay at the Mainport was for business (4 days) and provided all the amentities one would need on a business trip while also being very conveniently located to all the attractions around the city. It is very modern and possibly a little over the top (shower for example is not the best set-up without door, etc). My only complaint would be pricing for breakfast (around $50 and average - good quality). Overall, a nice place to stay but not 5 stars due to value (fairly expensive). Great customer service though throughout hotel, bar, front desk.....

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the canal
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review and feedback on Tripadvisor.
We do appreciate the time you have taken to inform future guests about Mainport.
I will inform our Food & Beverage Manager about the breakfast but I am glad to read that you did enjoy the Live cooking buffet. Perhaps for a future reservation a rate including breakfast might be a good option for you? If you reserve it upfront via the hotel you receive a discount on the breakfast rate.

Thank you again for your visit and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future!
With kind regards
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is overall very nice, good location, very comfy beds, large rooms and nice jacuzzi bath and spa. However, there were a few confusions on checkout - we both had exactly the same drinks on Saturday and Sunday and were charged different amount which didn't make sense. Couldn't pay by card in the bar because the machine was broken. We

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Mainport and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay.
With regards to the drinks. I am not sure what has happened but it seems a mistake has been made as we have fixed rates for the drinks. Would you be able to contact me so that I can look into it? You can reach me via +31 (0)10 2175757 or info@mainporthotel.com.

Kind regards
West Sussex
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Just wanted to write a note, to say we loved our stay at your hotel, really enjoyed our spa treatment and found the whole experience really good, you were all very hospitable and down to earth.

Good selection of food for breakfast, staff friendly and approachable. The waiters in the cocktail bar were very entertaining and attentive.

Great place to stay with a great view looking over the harbour and bridge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jones26
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
We do our utmost to make the stay of our guests as enjoyable as possible and I am glad that we were part of your birthday celebration and that we made a very positive contribution to it.
Although you had a very positive review, I did notice that your ratings were not a 100% and as the hotel is brand new and only open for 6 months, I would really like to know more of your expectations. If you have time to inform me that would be much appreciated via info@mainporthotel.com or +31 (0)10 2175757.

We all look forward welcoming you back for next year's birthday party!
With kind regards