“Best Hotel Ever”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel Ever”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for one night in Nov 2013 for a business trip.
Hotel location is central and walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums etc.
The building is very modern and very clean.
I had a sauna waterfront room. Nice size room with lovely views across the water. The bathroom was beautiful, with walkin shower, spa bath, SAUNA and tv built into the mirror.
Breakfast was very good.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
CANNOT FAULT THIS HOTEL. If you are looking for a hotel in Rotterdam and can afford it, STAY HERE!!!

1 Thank pauljbal19
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Paul,

WOW, best hotel ever! We are very proud to read your lovely review on your stay at Mainport!
I wil make sure to pass on your compliments to our staff!
We have done our utmost to offer hotel facilities and hotelrooms that suit both guests visiting Rotterdam for leisure and our Bussiness related guests. I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay during your business trip and we look forward welcoming you back in your new "home away from home".
With kind regards
Simone van der Veen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Really couldn't fault this place on any front. Top class service throughout and impeccable rooms/suites. Really good value for money. Excellent location for a stroll into town to take in the sights of a massively underrated city.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Stephen O
Scotland
Reviewed 11 November 2013

As usual, with Inntel hotel next door or now this hotel, no parking space available - never once managed to park there in several stays!
Check-in fine and room on 10th floor.
Room was OK size, but much too dark for my liking. Although the computer desk in my room had a low energy lamp, I struggled to see the keyboard on my laptop.
Bathroom entrance had a step which I kept stubbing my toe on. Shower didn't have a curtain/door so water poured out onto bathroom floor.
Separate WC, had automatic lighting with a time sensor which operated when you opened the glass door. Going for a pee in the middle of the night was annoying because the light stayed on for around 5 minutes after you'd finished.
No place to put your suitcase - had to leave it on the floor!
Shampoo...etc was perfumed which meant a rash if I used it.
In conclusion, this would be a wonderful hotel for couples on vacation - the spa bath being a good size and the dark room being a bonus, however, for business people, there are just too many disadvantages.
Next time I'll stick with 'sister' hotel next door.

1 Thank Ian057
Dear guest,

FIrst of all I would like to express my sincere apologies for disappointment you felt after your stay.
The hotel is very new and we are still improving our facilities, standards and service. Therefore your review is very important to us!
The hotel offers a gateway to different continents where every floor has their own colours, decorations, design furniture and lamps. I can assure you that we can find a different floor where decoration and lighting better suits your expectations.
I would appreciate to get in contact with you to find out more about your expactations as a business guest and the roomnumber you have last stayed in to fix the issues you mentioned.
With kind regards
(info@mainporthotel.com)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've stayed twice in this hotel during the fall of 2013 and I must say - WOW! Really really love this hotel and will sure try to come back many times. It's convenient located just in front of the subway station and then it's about 2-3 stations to the central city of Rotterdam. You can also walk to the city from the hotel, it's not that far, maybe 20-30 minutes. We stayed both times in a "King city room". The rooms are so fresh and clean and very spacious, you really just want to stay in the room all day long. The bathroom is also very big with both a large shower and a bubble bath! On the 8th floor there is a large spa area with many different saunas, pools, gym and solarium. I also booked a massage for 1 hour and it was so nice. Downstairs there is a bar and a restaurant with nice food. The only thing I can complain about is that the service in the restaurant was very slow that night, took us almost 3 hours to complete a one course dinner.
I really look forward to the next vacation at this hotel, it's a truly 5 star hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrslawler
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Beautiful Hotel and nice back drop, close to all amenities and somewhere i would highly recommend others to stay. Hopefully i will return soon, The large spacious room consisted of a few bonus items including jacuzzi bath, tv in the mirror. Luxury bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed a couple of the "perks" that we already offer from our first roomtype: The whirlpool bath and the tv in the bathroom mirror.
I look forward welcoming you back again in Mainport in the near future!

Kind regards,
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Very nice hotel with great views. It was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and a TV set into the mirror in the bathroom. The staff are very friendly and helpful and there's also free wifi. The hotel is well located with a tram stop outside and many facilities within walking distance. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 86 are small but dual-aspect
Dear Guest,

What a great compliment about the hotel!
We are only open for 6 months and all our staff is doing their utmost to make the stay of our guests as perfect as possible! I am glad to read that we have achieved our goal!
Thank you and we look forward welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,
Geneva
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had the pleasure to stay in this hotel for two nights during the month of October.

CHECK - IN

I was promptly greeted by the Front Desk Manager and a colleague upon my arrival at 10 am. Professional staff that speak impeccable English. Very swift check-in. After I requested for a upgrade, the staff changed my room to 880 which has a beautiful view on the river.

ROOM

Beautiful design, colors and materials used in this hotel. Everything is squeaky clean. Love the big bathroom with the neat TV in the mirror. Toiletries are lovely, as well. Despite being a sensitive person, this hotel clearly exceeded my expectations.

LOCATION

Great location, although a 8-10 walk is needed to reach the center of Rotterdam.

CONCLUSION

Perfect price/quality ratio. The special person I met in this beautiful city combined with the quality of this hotel created an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dathrilla
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your compliments on Tripadvisor!
And after you mentioned your roomnumber I immediately remembered assisting you upon check in together with our Front Office Manager Marten. Thank you for the compliments on our English!

I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay at Mainport and you enjoyed your time in Rotterdam. We truly look forward welcoming you back soon!

With kindest regards,