Hotel Mainport Rotterdam
Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$192
US$86
  • Room Service
1,390 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathspa roomtv in the mirrorerasmus bridgegreat hotelxl roomstar hotelswimming poolwater viewmaritime museumespresso machinenice designgreat bedbeautiful roomnice viewcity viewold harbour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Central location next to metro. Friendly staff. Rooms spacious, cozy beds, coll bathroom with TV on mirror. Breakfast little overpriced but we got a deal with breakfast included. Only negative was the cleanliness in the breakfast room. Some tables and chairs were full of bread crumbs even though already cleaned for the next person. Coffee tabs were not refilled on both days even though after reminder.
Overall very pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcus G
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Mainport Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I will pass on your compliments to our staff and will look into the comments that you have made.
We do look forward welcoming you back soon for a 100% perfect stay!

Kind regards,
Simone van der Veen

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a great stay in Mainport. Nice hotel, friendly staff, very nice rooms with a fantastic bed. Bathroom top and all very clean and very quiet. We had some drinks in the bar and the breakfast buffet is good, we even sat outside along the water. Checking out was quick and easy by filling out a few data, the pre-invoice was already delivered in the room. Location is very close to the centre and the parking garage under the Erasmusbridge is 1-2 min walking.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came for one night with my wife to the hotel.

The whole experience was great, with the exception of the service upon arrival. I had booked on hotels.com and prepaid the trip, but when I arrived, they tried to charge me again. I arrived late at night and had quite a wait for the person to finish servicing the couple that was there before us and then had some back and forth to explain and show the email proving that it was already prepaid. He said he'd handle it at night. The in the morning the same ordeal again (it seems the person at night did nothing to fix it).

Aside from that bad service, the hotel itself was wonderful. The rooms were very comfortable. They have a HUGE bathtub with jets (like a jaccuzi) which was large enough to fit in comfortably. Seperate shower, very nice amenities.

The spa was also very nice with a great pool, sauna and gym all in the same area. They have an optional no-clothes are or one where you keep on your bathing suit.

Aside from the service (which probably wasn't the norm), it was a perfect stay.

Room Tip: I had a corner room, but I think the regular rooms are better (more spacious)
1  Thank Adam P

Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for your feedback of your stay at Mainport.
I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed the facilities in the hotel and the room. The Waterfront Spa room is a great room to stay at with the Jacuzzi with view over the water!

I have passed on your comments about the invoice to our Front Office Manager. As you have mentioned already, this is absolutely not our standard and although we sometimes have differences between third party websites and what we have received from them, we still sort it out in a professional way. Please do accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you again for your stay and we look forward welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,
Simone van der Veen

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Don't always write reviews of where we stay, however this hotel is particularly good (we are still here). When randomly looking at hotels to book in rotterdam I came across this one and it has been a really good choice. It is modern, staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating, the location is superb (overlooking Erasmus Bridge), has a metro stop just out the front door that connects directly to Rotterdam Central (a bonus if you need to catch trains) and it is reasonably priced for a five star hotel. Our room has a large spa and a sauna however would not choose this combo again - the only downside to our room is the functional layout - could be improved with some drawers for clothes and a toilet light that is not automatic (disruptive to partner in the middle of the night) However would definitely look forward to a return stay.

Room Tip: Overlooking the canal - don't book a room with large spa and sauna - there are rooms with a bath and sauna that are more practicable.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Myself and my fiancé chose Mainport based on the strength of the feedback from Tripadvisor, and we were right to do so! I had noticed how the 'Rooms Division Manager' had been quick to respond to any issues previous visitors had, giving me the impression of customer satisfaction, and going from our experience, I was right.

As we were to visit Rotterdam by car and had I researched that free parking could be an issue, we contacted Mainport via e-mail who replied promptly with details of free parking locations and that travel to the hotel (and most other locations) could be taken by Metro as the hotel is situated near a Metro terminal (right across the road from the Leuvehaven stop).
Due to our ferry sailing being overnight, we arrived at the hotel very early in the morning aware that it was well before check-in time and that our room may not be ready. The reception staff were happy to look after our luggage by placing it in a secure room while we went off to check out what Rotterdam had to offer us.
When we returned in the afternoon, we checked in and headed off to our room. Our harbour view room was everything we had expected but for a misinterpretation of what we would class to be a 'double bed' as the room had a double bed that comprised of two individual mattresses. Although some people prefer this, myself and my fiancé prefer a complete double mattress, so when this was raised with staff on reception, we were promptly moved to another room that met our requests.

Our visit in Rotterdam from then on was amazing. Our stay in Mainport was everything we could have wanted with every encounter of staff being pleasant and helpful, from cleaning staff to bar staff. The room met out expectations (and then some), with the whirlpool bath making such an impression on us, that on returning home, we are now looking to fit a similar bath in our own bathroom!

I can easily recommend a pleasant stay at Mainport which we found to be both very welcoming and a great location for seeing the sights of Rotterdam. We look forward to staying at Mainport again in the future.