Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam - Central Station
Hotel New York(Rotterdam)
US$173
US$166
  • Restaurant
Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$140
SS Rotterdam(Rotterdam)
US$132
US$110
  • Room Service
All reviewscentral stationblue lightboiled eggsfirst floorcomplimentary breakfastfree wifian irontram stopfew minutes walkrestaurants and shopscold meatsshopping areahotel is locatedbusiness tripshort stayeasy accessnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Ideal hotel is staying in Rotterdam, shiny on the outside and very clean and shiny inside. The rooms are shiny clean and fine. The food is as you expect in these hotels....cold continental breakfasts and vending machines in the evenings, but I have to say the staff are excellent.
The location is 5 minutes from the railway station and on the tram routes, there are several restaurants nearby and shopping is all about. Rotterdam was quite a surprise, much more eclectic and expressive than one would expect.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are fine and great for street scene watching....without undue noise as you can see from the picture....with eclectic architecture to the fore in Rotterdam
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here as part of our European Road Trip ... the hotel was so easy to find, the underground parking was worth every penny & the hotel was perfect. Checking in was faultless (Hans on Reception was so helpful & even gave us a map & showed us where to explore) the room was spacious & spotless, the bathroom was divine & we felt instantly relaxed. We stayed for 2 nights but could've easily stayed for a week. Breakfast was buffet style & the choice was excellent. Wifi in the bar was an added bonus. I would happily stay here again & can't wait to revisit Rotterdam ... what an amazing place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alitart
GMHIEXRotterdamCS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam - Central Station, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments on TripAdvisor.

Great to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recognizing Han. I am looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,
Marijn Neelen

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for my first overnight stay in Rotterdam on 1st July.

The location is perfect! If you exit the front of Rotterdam Centraal Station and turn left, it's a short walk away. Just keep your eyes peeled for the sign!

I'd travelled from Liverpool early on that day and was able to check in early thanks to the lovely staff at reception (I can't fault them!)

I'd booked a double room, but was at first given a twin. After contacting reception they were able to give me another room. The rooms are a reasonable size, and the beds are really comfortable. I couldn't really tell the difference between the 'hard' and 'soft' pillows but they were still good. I had the best nights sleep I've had in ages!

My only minor complaint is to do with the shower. The shower door of room 512 doesn't shut properly, and the temperature of the water isn't constant. However, the shower is massive and the water pressure was great.

Another plus point for this hotel was the wifi...I couldn't fault it.

Breakfast was also included in the price of my booking but I slept through it due to how comfortable the bed was so I can't comment on how that was, ha!

I'd definitely stay here again :-)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MgnMwds
GMHIEXRotterdamCS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam - Central Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for these lovely compliments! I will share these with the team. Great to see you enjoyed staying here so very much. We do hope to welcome you back soon, hopefully giving you time then to enjoy our free complimentary breakfast.

Warm regards,
Ms. Marijn Neelen

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very centrally located on Weena, close to the city hall, excellent staff, decent facilities. Facilities not as good as the Holiday Inn of Frankfurt. Good breakfast, but very little food/drinks available for sale at other times (and overpriced!) Breakfast and wifi included in price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
GMHIEXRotterdamCS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam - Central Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thanks for the compliments, we appreciate it.

Best regards,
Marijn Neelen

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our room was basic, but clean and comfortable. The location is excellent – walking distance to many tourist sites, and close to public transportation. There is also a good variety of restaurants in the area. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPJE3150
GMHIEXRotterdamCS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam - Central Station, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay online!

Hopefully we will see you back in Rotterdam,

Best regards,