“Great coffee and great atmosphere”
Review of Hopper

Hopper
Ranked #175 of 1,080 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited Hopper twice in November 2013 for our daily caffeine fix. The coffee was wonderful and the service was great. We spent a couple of hours here reading books and just loved the atmosphere of the cafe - it was part coffee bar and part bakery in a big open space. Definitely a place for coffee lovers!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The coffee with our hotel breakfast was horrible, so we turned to Hopper for what is known to be the best coffee in town. And we were not disappointed. We are both cappuccino lovers (at least in the morning) and that is often a disappointment with the cappuccino tasting like a latte macchiato. To prevent this we asked for a bone dry cappuccino. "We normally don't do that" said the guy at the counter, "but I will see what we can do". We ended up with one of the best cappuccinos we have ever tasted. Bravo! When we returned in the afternoon for lunch, the place was crowded, but the service was just as good and friendly, and our lunch with home made bread was lovely.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was the most amazing coffee ever. The menu was in Dutch but the waitresses spoke some English (I guess you'd call them Baristas!).

I had a cappucino and it was amazing. They had sugar, but no cream, which was unusual. But the coffee was fantastic. Better than Starbucks!

The atmosphere was interesting -- mix of modern and "grunge" feeling, but I loved it.

Will definitely be back, maybe even later in our trip to Rotterdam!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had coffee and some sweat bread with apple and dates. The coffee was really good. Water is provided, you can take as much as you like from the tap. Unfortunatedly the sweat bread was dry. I asked for butter. Now it tasted good! Prices are average. The terrace is nice, with parasol if you want. There is much sunshine and the witte de withstraat (nice, small shops) is very nearby. The atmosphere is uncomplicated. I will return, maybe for lunch.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We visited it yesterday as we were excited to try Hopper's coffee as it was voted the best in NL in 2012. The coffees were strong and creamy (latte and cappucino) but the service was not good. The waitress was not smiling or willing to explain to us the different coffees they offer, she just pointed out at the board and told me it was the menu. She brought the coffees to the table on a tray, and we had to pick our coffee ourselves, no sugar on table. You have to go to the till to pay and the lady there was not friendly either, more interested in getting chatted up by the customer before me. I will not be back and this is a shame as we really liked their coffee but they dont deserve our money.