“Perfect for a quick meal”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Ranked #87 of 1,093 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've had lunch a few weeks ago at Vapiano recommended by some of my colleagues.
The concept is different but I like the idea. You need to stand in line and wait for every course to be prepared. Even though, I don't think that it would work for a romantic dinner or a lunch with a big group.
I had pasta with mushroom sauce. It was delicious! The cook prepared the pasta with the sauce, some bacon, wine, herbs.. I enjoyed it a lot.

I totally recommend this place for a business or short lunch.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely place tucked into a mall. You get a card and charge your food to the card and make payment at the cashier based on what is locked into the card. You can choose the sauce base and pasta type and they have ample selection of pizzas as well. The scampi is highly recommended and you can choose 6 or 12 shrimps. They have good wine and desserts - overall hearty Italian food and average prices, considering the price of food in Rotterdam!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were not told how they operated. You have to stand and wait to order your started and then wait while they prepare it. And then stand and wait to order your main course and wait again while they cook it!!
you cannot have a communal meal as somebody is standing the queue for most of the time.
If you want to eat alone, this is the place for you!!
If we were greeted properly we would have walked out straight away.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Greeter at the door was very helpful explaining the ordering system and helping us with the english menu. The place was very busy but the queues weren't long at all. Our food was fast and really tasty and we were very surprised with the price. Very cheap compared to every other place we have eaten in holland,. Will be looking for other ones wherever we go.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been eating here regularly because it's quick, easy, informal and not too expensive, especially for the quality you get. The pasta is fresh and the sauce is made in front of me modified to the way I want.

My only criticism is that the portion is a little small.