“Friendly, quirky, good value”
Review of Hotel Milano

Hotel Milano
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Really good, helpful staff, quirky hotel, tiny stairs so watch out if you've got big feet! Bit like a maze. There were lots of mozies either splatted on the walls or munching on me during the night. Watch out for that. Get some spray or something similar.

Great value though and really helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jonothan H
There are newer reviews for Hotel Milano

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The hotel is in easy walking distance off town & all attractions. We sleep well, was quiet, It was a good hotel for the price, I would most definitely stay there again.

We had a wonderful stay, the staff were helpful & reasonably friendly.. just about what we expected

Room Tip: Use the lift, Stairs are traitorous, really steep staircase
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 night with my mom and aunt. We received a pretty spacious room with three single beds facing the streets. It was indeed pretty noisy when awake but when asleep we didn't notice anything. The room did not have a bath just a shower and it was all pretty clean.
There were indeed a few spots here and there on the seats and the carpet.
No elevators and bad lighting on the staircases.

It is verry close to the centre (2 tramstops - # 21 & 23- or 15 min walk). Knowing the neighbourhood (Kruiskade) it is not the best place to walk through at night (ESPECIALLY if you look like a tourist).

Breakfast was good though. Bread, cornflakes, tea, coffee, egg, juice, croissant, sweet treat -no bacon-.

I'm not the type of person who has high standards when it comes to hotels but I wouldn't be pleased if I had to stay here for more than 2 days. We booked just the night before and there wasn't any other hotels left. I wouldn't pick this hotel again. If you're from the US you'll probably say that this "hotel" is more of a motel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2011

It was a terrible hotel. The owner was not friendly, we were accompanied by a trainee. The stairs to oure room were broken. The parking was horrible we got cheated by the owner we had to pay a lot of money to park the car. The room was dirty, the ceiling was covered with mold, the balcony looked out on a rubbish and was very dirty, the painting fell off. The bathroom was rancid we heard a loud noise, the fan that went on and was comparable to a vacuum cleaner sound. The toiltet did not flush. The floor was dirty. On the mattresses were dirty stains. We immediately canceled and left the buildig it was horrible!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeoBana
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night. We were given a room at the front which looked nice and was clean. The problems started when trying to sleep. Dual carriageway outside was Horrendously Noisy. Good job I took ear plugs. Beware heated towel rail in the bathroom, the bedroom was too hot and we didn't know where the hear was coming from until the next day. Couldn't have stayed more than 1 night. Room safe was good, tele and had a fridge. Woman who ran the place couldn't speak English which was a bit stupid. For breakfast she kept piling all sorts of food on the table and we thought it was really funny and then didn't eat hardly any of it.Cereals, fried eggs, bread, meat, cheese, yoghurts, coffee and croissants, everything except what I really wanted, A Decent Cup Of Tea. Ok for the price...We hired bikes and rode to the Euro Tower in 15 minutes and then to a Giant never ending shopping centre from their in 10 minutes. Recovered after this with a smoke at Sensi Smile coffee shop 2 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I've stayed in the hotel for 10 days in September 2009.
The general impression is very good:
I stayed in a medium-size room with a comfortable bad, wardrobe, a table, small refrigerator, TV (there was a regular TV and a possibility to use additional cinema channels for extra pay – I did not use it), tea making facility (not only welcome pack – they added tea bags when I consumed some ). There was a free magazine about events in Rotterdam in my room and the reception supplied me with free map of Rotterdam.
There was also a toilet and shower facilities (with hairdryer). They supplied shampoo, conditioner and a body gel small packs. My room and everything inside was very fresh, tidy and new. They change towels daily. They installed an elevator to the old Dutch building, though I got used to use Dutch stairs pretty quick.
Location: 5-7 minutes walk from the Central Station. The area is settled mainly with color I have experienced lots of annoying attempts to introduce them to me, especially in the evenings=( There is an internet café not far from the hotel and several food shops in the nearby. All the entertainment and shopping places are located in 15 minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast: good. Dutch sweets, hot coffee, several juices, Dutch cheese and sausages, boiled eggs, cereal and something else… All self-service, fresh and tasty. They open their small bar downstairs in the evenings.
They have a separate nigh entrance unlocked by hotel magnet card. The staff is friendly. The price was a good deal compare to overall quality.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank M0rgan888
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Stayed at the delta for 2 nights in March. The hotel is quite a ways from the train station if you plan to walk. I was not keen on the location but it was close to the Euromast. It was clean and had a little balcony, not a great view but nice to have outside space. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bath was quite large. There is a separate night entrance with stairs, so you can go as you please. There are a couple of coffeshops around the corner if you want to use your balcony! I never made it down to breakfast. The staff were nice and they offered plenty of info at check in. There is an elevator but just remember to not take your finger off the button until it stops!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo