“Expensive, poor room, pointless swimming pool, poor gym”

Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Expensive, poor room, pointless swimming pool, poor gym”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I don't like to moan but:
On arrival we were told our "city view" room wasn't ready the only rooms that were were panorama rooms which were more expensive. We'd travelled overnight from Berlin and felt pretty rotten, wanted our room straightaway so felt rather blackmailed into this upgrade.

The upgraded room with the "much better view" was on the 2nd floor so the view was rubbish - basically of the traffic lights near a busy junction at the end of the Erasmus bridge. Clearly my understanding of the Greek word "panorama" was wanting (mind I kept my clothes on in the gym, so maybe I'm being pedantic).

We tried to use the "gym" and "pool" but the gym is only two or three pieces of kit and not worth bothering with - the resistance machine is unusable. The pool is too short to swim in. The sauna wasn't on when we were there, nor was the steam room or whirl pool. Compared to hotels boasting similar facilities in the UK and Germany this was very poor and disappointing.

We complained on departure, but other than being sympathetic and smiling nicely - there wasn't anything else done to make us happier.

The plusses - the breakfast is nice and was included in our price. The location is convenient for Rotterdam city centre.

Disappointing for us: we wouldn't consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't be conned into a "panorama" room on the lower floors. They're not panoramic...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DTR3197
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for our Reception staff that did not acknowledge your comments about your stay. I am very sorry to hear this and will directly discuss this with the staff. We normally do our utmost to make sure that all our guests enjoy their stay and I am very sorry that we have missed this opportunity to change your experience and feeling about Inntel hotels.

With regards to the City View not being ready upon arrival. We guarantee that our rooms are ready at 3pm, if you arrive earlier we will always check if your room is available, if not you can store your luggage free of charge and maybe visit the centre of Rotterdam. We also give our guests the option (if another roomtype is available) to upgrade yourself. Our intention is to give you another option and extra comfort (as this room is larger then the City View, design and different view) but surely not to give you a negative feeling about the hotel.

Please contact us if you visit Rotterdam again as we would really like to show you that we are indeed a great hotel to stay at!

Kindest regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leuven
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We booked a superior room and got a nice room with private sauna (rather small) and a view over the Maas-river.
Rooms are clean, modern & nicely decorated with very comfy beds.
The hotel is only a 5-minute walk from the center of town and the main shopping area.
The staff was very helpfull and friendly.
Only negative point : breakfast is expensive (23 € pp) as well as the rental bikes (15 €)
We liked R'dam a lot and will probably choose the Inntel again for our next stays.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback of your stay at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre!
The Hästens Junior Suites with private sauna are our most luxurious rooms, located on the corner of the Design Panoama Tower. With the 2 large windows you have had a great view on the river Maas and I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in this beautiful room and that it contributed to your "Rotterdam experience".
For a future stay I would like to give you the tip of reserving your breakfast directly with your room reservation, it will save you € 5,50 per person.
I truly hope to welcome you back to Inntel Hotels in the near future.

With kind regards
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Hotel is on the harbour and also on the tram line both good points. I would have rather stayed in a more central location it was a good walk to find attractions , restaurants and shopping. The hotel room was very small but clean and tidy. The bathroom was so small you had to stand in front of the toilet to close the door. We will be looking for a more central hotel in future.

Room Tip: not worth the extra for a view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre.
You have stayed in a City View or Waterfront room in our Maasbuilding and I am very sorry to hear that your stay and the room did not meet your expectations. I would like to inform you that we also have more spacious, design decorated, Panorama rooms with a great view at the River Maas and the Erasmusbridge. We receive many compliments from our guests staying in the Design Panorama tower and I am very positive that you would enjoy the room too.
I truly hope that you would give us another chance when you visit Rotterdam again.

Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre
Reviewed 16 August 2012

In this modern town, the Inntel is a masterpiece of architecture. Perfectly integrated with the sorrounding and offering an amazing view to its guests. From my room I had a direct view on the river; in the night it becomes amazing, makes you to feel to dominate the town and its lights. The room is small but functional with free Internet and a nice bathroom. Breakfast was really OK; a boiler is present in the room, too. Just the parking beneath the hotel isn't that comfortable, but come on, for me the best accomodation in Rotterdam

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review of your stay at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre. We are very proud of the location of the hotel, the interior design and to be able to offer such a great view on Rotterdam and it is very nice to read that you have experienced and enjoyed that. I am very glad that we are part of your good memories about your stay in Rotterdam!
We hope to see you again in Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre or in the new 5* Inntel Hotels MAINPORT (expected to open June 2013).
Sincerest regards,

Poland
Reviewed 14 August 2012

You'll be surprised! - at least that's what they claim. And sure I was! One of the best price to value ratios I encountered during my recent trips. Great place!

PROS: Central location, easy access, quick check in, dedicated and friendly staff, effective design in the lobby, clean and spacious rooms, simple yet effective decour inside the rooms, comfy beds and lovely french windows with ceiling to floor view of the river and the passing ships. Fantastic, especially at night, with glittering water down below and blinking city lights on the opposite river bank. And all this for an unforgettable EUR 120 / night.

CONS: breakfasts could do with some improvements, ie. the choice is not really huge and stiff scrambled eggs are what I complained on at the reception (with my comments being noted with true concern).

All in all - hope to see You again soon!

Room Tip: The higher, the better - and ask for river view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your compliments. We all do our utmost to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay and I am very pleased to read your compliments and "Pros". I will make sure to forward them to our staff.

I do was surprised to read your comment about the breakfast as we usually receive many compliments to the large selection and choice that we offer. I will inform our Food & Beverage Manager about your feedback and am positive that he will take the necessary action to ensure a good selection at all times.

I truly hope to welcome you back in Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre in the near future!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Parking: don't make any mistake, go to the (http://www.rotterdamparkeren.nl/parkeergarage-erasmusbrug), when you get out from the parking you're just two steps from the hotel.
Firs impression: problems with the Staff, I have booked two connected rooms (iot make the family confortable) canal view (waterfront), so I paid some extra. Then, bad surprise, I discovered that the rooms were not connected, then I complained with the Staff. They offered me some solutions, I mean connected rooms but standard view and, to be noted one was without the shower and a little bathroom. Not acceptable. Staff, suffering face module, no emotions, no considerations for my case, the I quickly decided to go for the first option and to speak with the rest of the family.
Wellness/sauna: I must admit that I have choose this hotel because of the swimming pool and the rest of amenities over there. What a bad surprise..., the water was pretty cold, and the swimming pool is so small. Should be said, that you can enjoyed a splendid view from that floor! Sauna was pretty cold, not acceptable, and again very very small. Shower, just ok.
Rooms, acceptable, quite clean, however a lot of noises caused by the people walking in the small and very old corridors.
Breakfast, acceptable, no much, great view (if you still need it...).
Next time, Manhattan, you pay something more, however much much better.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guests,

First of all I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to my attention.
Although we do our utmost to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay, sometimes we have not met the expectations, as I also read in your review. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and miscommunication about the connecting rooms and the follow up from our Front desk staff.
Our connecting rooms are only located in the Maasbuilding with view on the city. I am not sure through which website you were able to book the connecting rooms with view on the water but we will check our websites and correct this mistake.
As an alternative to the rooms of the Manhattan I would suggest our Design Panorama Waterfront or Hästens Junior Suites. Aside from the larger room and bathroom, design interior, you have a great view on the river Maas and the Erasmusbridge and will definitely experience Rotterdam! Please contact the hotel if you are planning another visit to Rotterdam, I truly hope to welcome you again to show you that we are indeed a great hotel to stay at.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The first stay didn't go straight and also the second one, but it was for us after all excellent, because of the customer-service they have!
We complained in the reception, and we spoke with the front desk manager Miss Van der Broek (if I remember her name the right way), is a really kind person, who really cares about how the stay in the hotel is for the customers.
So I think if you want to stay in a hotel in Rotterdam, Inntelhotel is a good choice.
The Hotelrestaurant ''Water'' is very good, we ate there everytime good.
The Breakfast is also good, you have a big choice of all, just for the precutted fruits, I wished they had more like strawberries, bananas, kiwis... and that they would have fresh whole milk, instead of the ''normal'' hotel milk.... but these are just my extra-wishes :)
They are also dog-friendly!! You don't need to fear that you get an less ''good'' hotelroom (like I had to endure it in other hotels) if you want to take your dog with you, you get the same ''good'' rooms than all the other guests :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CookiePeppi
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your stay at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre.
Although we all do our utmost to ensure a great stay for all our guests, it might happen that we sometimes don't meet the expectations of our guests. I am very glad that you mentioned this to our Front Office and that our Front Office Manager Nicole de Waard (i think you mean her?) has assisted you in such a great way. I will pass her your compliments!

Thank you again and we are all looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,