“Excellent standards”

Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Bergerac, France
“Excellent standards”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013. We only booked for one night as a stop over on our way home to France. However, we had such an enjoyable stay that we will be going back to this hotel in Rotterdam again. We had a really good welcome from the receptionist who was extremely efficient and helpful. The room was of a very high standard, well equipped and spotless. We had wonderful views over the river. It was a perfect location in Rotterdam. The only disappointment was that the swimming pool which is being totally refurbished was not quite finished. But it will be now.

Room Tip: Definitely select a room with water view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on Tripadvisor!
I will make sure to inform our staff of your compliments.
It has been a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly look forward welcoming you back in the near future. And yes, the swimmingpool is all renovated and ready for your use!

With kind regards,
Simone van der Veen
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
huddersfield
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I booked the hotel on the Internet , it seemed a reasonable price for the nice city centre location . The staff were friendly and the check was straightforward , 'where can I park my car I asked ' Oh leave that to us sir , valet parking only 37 euros , ok I had no choice my fault for coming by car . Anyway only stopping 1 night ,room was ok no English tv though , no kettle . Got up after a reasonable nights sleep , went for breakfast , usual help yourself buffet breakfast , pretty standard . Went to check out and looked at the itemised bill and nearly fell through the floor when I saw the price of the breakfast ...47 euros , bloody hell I don't pay that much for dinner with drinks , thank god I wasn't there with the wife . Shame but on this basis I will not be going back .

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank HuddersfieldMick
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay in Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre.
It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback about the parking and breakfast.
With regards to the parking, there are 2 options. One is by valet parking (price is € 37 per 24hrs) and one is to park the car yourself in a public parking garage at walking distance (price is € 27 per 24 hrs). Please be assured that I will discuss with the Reception team to allways explain the two choices upon arrival.
With regards to the breakfast I would like to get in contact with you as I believe a mistake has been made for which I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. The breakfast costs € 23,50 per person and it seems you have been charged for 2 persons. If you can contact me via telephone number +31 (0)10 413 413 9 we will definitely correct this error.
With kind regards,
Simone van der Veen
Rooms Division Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were to cruise out of Rotterdam and we came in a day early. The hotel was a bit of a walk from Rotterdam central, but easy to find. It is right at the beginning Erasmus bridge. The room was rather dorm like, facing the city.Breakfast was included as well as free internet. The breakfast was fantastic! The location was great for getting to the cruise ship terminal the next day. Simply walk across the bridge and turn right, down the block to the terminal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a perfectly adequate hotel - clean and tidy - but it has no character. There is no parking at the hotel. You can either park in a garage away from the hotel or valet park with the 5* inntel next door (just opened in the last couple of weeks, I think). The garage is far enough away that you'd want to try to pull up in front of the hotel to unload your bags and get directions to the garage. We choose not to get breakfast, thinking we'd find a nice little cafe nearby. We didn't anticipate that the entire downtown would be closed down on Sunday morning. After a 15 minute walk we ended up back at the hotel restaurant for a 23.50Euro buffet. It really isn't worth that price! If all you want is a spartan clean room in a decent location (and you don't have a car), this place is fine.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CPGetaways
El Segundo, California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed in a little suite overlooking the river and the Erasmusbridge, it was amazing and beautiful, especially the night view of the bridge. The suite that we had had a jacuzzi tube and a sauna in the bathroom. The room was large enough for the two of us, it had a desk and an over sized king sized bed. I would recommend this hotel to any one who is visiting the Rotterdam area. We were able to walk to almost everything we needed and if it was to far the metro, buses and trams are readily available. I will stay here again if we ever go back to Rotterdam.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Paid the lowest price for Just a one night stay and was not disappointed. The room was not large but faultless and equipped with all I needed. Unfortunately the pool was out of commission so unable to use. As for staff the 2 members I engaged with we're polite, professional & efficient. Naomi (Trainee) who checked me in was probably the most courteous I'd come across and behaved of like a Trainee as she dealt with all my requests with ease. I can't comment on food as I ate out but the staff in The Water bar namely Iskak were polite and efficient. Only downside was the other inconsiderate guests that insist on talking loudly while walking the corridor in the early hours.( not the fault of hotel lost count how many hotels that's happened in)

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PaulfSharp
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

First impression, modern, smart, nice location.. Reality, tired room, hard bed, and building going on which started at 0730hrs in the morning with drilling on an adjoining wall... When I arrived only two lifts working out of the five..... That set the tone, used the gym, room key wouldn't work, no one to be seen on the 8th floor, so back to reception to get let in..... Fawlty towers it is not, however neither is it top class, adequate at best... Food wise, ate in the bar/ restaurant food tasty and good service. Would I stay again. Yes it's convenient and if the swimming pool is open, then it would be a yes, just.....

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business