“Breath taking views at a reasonable rate.”

Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Rotterdam was the disembarking port for our Baltic Cruise, so we decided to stay a day and see the city. Because the Golden Tulip was such a modern hotel, I did not experience the anxiety I usually do when booking a room in an unfamiliar city. Our ship docked early in the morning by the Erasmus Bridge. Because I knew the hotel was in the vicinity of the bridge, we got out the binoculars and were able to locate it immediately from the ship's balcony. Although the hotel was on the opposite side of the river from where the cruise ship docked, it would have been an easy walk. We did however elect to take a cab since we had 2 suitcases each. We arrived at the hotel at 9 am, and we were given a room immediately. The elevators were very large and really cool - we had no problems getting 2 people and 4 suitcases on it. The room was a tad small, but with those panoramic windows, who cares? We could have sat at the window all day with what we could see from the windows. I loved the modern furnishings, but wasn't sure how I was supposed to use the bedding - do I lie on the feather bed or is that the comforter? The bathroom was a decent size. We ate both dinner and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. I was surprised when we checked out to find our breakfast was as much as our dinner. Had I asked how much the breakfast was, I would have asked for just coffee and a sweet roll. My husband got his money's worth but I sure didn't. We did not use the pool or the fitness center, but we did check it out. It was very inviting. We definitely enjoyed our stay here, and felt the extra fee for the panoramic windows on an upper floor was a bargain considering the views of the bridge and the city.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre

Reviewed 30 August 2009

GT Rotterdam centre hotel is situated near Erasmus bridge and almost all attractions like Spido tour, euromast, Maritim museum, Zoo is also quite near together with Central railway station. Also metro entrance is just few meters from hotel's. Buy an OV-chipcard and you can use metro, tram, randstad rail easily, you just pass the card at terminal at entrance and exit from for eg. metro and it automatically pays correct amount. Room could be bigger but for centre location it's ok, it has bathtub with enough space for everithing.
Gym is a room 4x4 meters with one extention machine and three cardiotraining systems. Pool is bigger and has comfort water temperature, not cold.
Reception stuff is friendley and answers any questions.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a work trip and really liked the hotel. It was a large hotel but with a really friendly intimate feel. Cannot fault the staff who were helpful and there is a choice of restaurants/bars. Breakfast is a little expensive but ok when on business. It also includes champagne which is good at the weekend!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I was there on a honeymoon, and was very happy with this hotel. everything was good, including location, view, room cleanliness, staff, sauna, gym, etc. etc.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Rooms are OK, the view is great.
Got a bad experience with the hotel's car parking: a wndow of car I rented was smashed in the hotel car park one night (2 other cars were damaged as well). The same happened with other cars two next nights in a row. The hotel charges 19 euro per night for the car park, but doesn't carry any responsibility for damages/loss or provides any decent level of security. The hotel staff was quite helpfull though to help me to fill the police form online and call Hertz to organize the car replacement.
The food is OK, nothing impressive. Was overcharged for breakfast (charged twice in one day). Called the hotel, they promised to investigate it and give me a call back. Never got any call or refund back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I stayed at this hotel attending a wedding in Rotterdam, my friends booked a few rooms here so I decided to join them. Due to a big Red Bull event it was not possible to park a car in the parking area below the hotel, there was also no explanation for this. Rooms are OK, nothing spectacular, location (directly looking at the river) is great. Check-in a bit too unfriendly, breakfast very basic. In general I think that the level of service should be a bit higher.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2009

The view over the Erasmusbridge and Maas is spectacular! The Hastens Junior Suite with private sauna is perfect, with the design elements it creates a very luxurious stay. The free wellnesscentre is a very nice extra service to relax. I could use my laptop and got free WIFI, which you normally have to pay a lot of money for in hotels.
Our stay could not have gone better!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends