Rotterdam was the disembarking port for our Baltic Cruise, so we decided to stay a day and see the city. Because the Golden Tulip was such a modern hotel, I did not experience the anxiety I usually do when booking a room in an unfamiliar city. Our ship docked early in the morning by the Erasmus Bridge. Because I knew the hotel was in the vicinity of the bridge, we got out the binoculars and were able to locate it immediately from the ship's balcony. Although the hotel was on the opposite side of the river from where the cruise ship docked, it would have been an easy walk. We did however elect to take a cab since we had 2 suitcases each. We arrived at the hotel at 9 am, and we were given a room immediately. The elevators were very large and really cool - we had no problems getting 2 people and 4 suitcases on it. The room was a tad small, but with those panoramic windows, who cares? We could have sat at the window all day with what we could see from the windows. I loved the modern furnishings, but wasn't sure how I was supposed to use the bedding - do I lie on the feather bed or is that the comforter? The bathroom was a decent size. We ate both dinner and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. I was surprised when we checked out to find our breakfast was as much as our dinner. Had I asked how much the breakfast was, I would have asked for just coffee and a sweet roll. My husband got his money's worth but I sure didn't. We did not use the pool or the fitness center, but we did check it out. It was very inviting. We definitely enjoyed our stay here, and felt the extra fee for the panoramic windows on an upper floor was a bargain considering the views of the bridge and the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre is uniquely located at the bank of the Maas and at the foot of the Erasmus bridge. This unique situation on the waterfront makes it ideal for a few days together away-from-it-all, for a meeting, for a meal or a reunion with family or friends, for organizing a party or a longer business stay in a professional ambiance. Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre offers you a magnificent view over the Maas and the Rotterdam skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre Hotel Rotterdam
- Golden Tulip Rotterdam Centre
- Rotterdam Golden Tulip