“Funky hotel, great stay”
Review of citizenM Rotterdam

citizenM Rotterdam
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The service was exceptional, check in was do-it-yourself (with assistance available) which made it quick. They only take debit card or credit card (with a fee for credit) but if you pre-pay online you can avoid the fee.

The rooms are super small but very functional, funky and have a great layout. There's a tablet which allows you to control everything in the room from one place as well as surf the Web and watch the free movies.

The beds are comfortable, the pillows are fluffy and the shower is great. The soaps smell good as well. No fridge/minibar in the room but the bar is open 24 hours. The walls are a little thin but not enough to really bother us.

Overall, the experience was great and I would definitely stay in another one of these hotels again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank mentallini
There are newer reviews for citizenM Rotterdam

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent value for money, good location, good priced and quality food (certainly for a hotel) good customer service, relaxed atmosphere. The small rooms although well designed are a little claustrophobic. We stayed for only one night so might have felt a little cramped. The lobbies and bar as are very nice for relaxing in though. Well recommended. We open the electric blinds and it was a bit dusty behind.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olgiati
Reviewed 23 April 2014

On their website Citizen M does not indicate that the rooms are not conducive to the over 60 age group. Could not unpack our suitcases as there wasn't any bureau. We are on the go, but we like to put our things away. Staff was unfriendly. It is not handicapped accessible. Had to crawl into bed and it was quite challenging to use the bathroom during the night when I had to crawl over my husband and almost fell out of bed. Also not conducive for families. Only one chair in room and there were two of us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Leona1940
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room itself was fine. However, looking at the bed and the 1 chair in the room, we quickly realized that the room my father was in would not work for him. He has a hard time walking and the chair was not stable enough for him to use. My father didn't want to leave for the first night since would be charged for it regardless. We went to the desk to ask about the remainder of our stay, which was paid for, since we were required to pay at check-in before seeing the room. The woman at the desk basically told us too bad and that the rooms look exactly like they do on the website. She was extremely rude and pretty much turned me off the hotel then and there. I will say I went back up to my room to pull up the website and the room pictures and guess what - there were none. I just received an error message saying the page I was looking for couldn't be found. Someone else was able to send me a picture and there is nothing that would indicate how high the beds were. My father plans to sleep in the chair since he can't get onto the bed and we plann to check out and into another hotel. I'll see if there's anything I can do with my credit card company for the cost of the hotel. While I would have stayed here in the future; based on the staff treatment, I definitely won't.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ack624
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The guest experience in this recently opened and well located hotel is really well designed, everything from the self check in with nearby young caually dressed staff to help to the funky furniture and decor in the public areas,i macs in tthe business area and the 24 hour cafe/canteen and witty commentary on walls and lifts. The room have an array of socket types for travellers from all corners, tablet controls, really comfortable bed, choice of mood lighting in the room and showers, good tV and film choices and really excellent wifi. The rooms are not big which could be an issues for couple or families but for a solo or buiness traveller ideal. I had brekfast there each morning and though the choice was not huge the food and barista coffee was delicious. I am looking forward to trying out this hotel chain in their other locations

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Like practically everybody else here my review of this citizenM hotel and the concept is very positive.
Great location: in easy walking distance to the heart of the city: the Plein 1940 square, the Maritime Museum, the pedestrian zone around Beurs Plein. Immediate neighbour to the Blaak train station (trains to Amsterdam central and to the airport!) and the Cube Houses which almost 40 years after their construction still can surprise the visitor.
Small but well- functioning room, lovely common space.
Attentive staff.
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed in (and I have stayed in a few!). Great value for money, self check in, Samsung tablet controls everything in the room, free films, great breakfast, fab cocktails, attentive staff. I honestly don't have a bad word to say about our stay. The hotel is literally a few hundred meters from the Metro / train station, you can get the train direct to Amsterdam from here :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple