“Best lounging ever”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Best lounging ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed with some friends as part of a stag night.
This new hotel looks great inside: the spacious lounge features comfortable sofas, plenty of novels and photo books and a 24h well-stocked bar. We loved the "northern design meets random collections of items" style and for the space a gin tonic or two I thought we could have been stuck there chilling all night.
Rooms are small (that's what the big loung areas are for), equipped with a nifty tablet to control lights, curtains and (free) tv entertainment. Large comfortable bed.
Every piece of information written around the hotel on walls, objects and buttons has a playful, well thought through style.
Great staff, from check in to check out. It was really a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Thank yo uso much for the wonderful stay we had at your hotel.
We had the time of our life enjoying the blinds, the changing of colors and the huge bed with rabbit MALIK to accompany us.
The live staff was also five star class. So friendly and so helpful and so good to us.
We were sorry to have to leave again in the morning.
For me this was the best hotel stay since years and no hotel will ever be the same again after Citizen.
THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT HOTEL CONCEPT. THE WORLD WILL GET BETTER, I AM SURE NOW.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. View of the back rooms face the inner courtyard. Good part is that you can s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I loved the location of the hotel. A bit outside the city center. But close to a lovely harboutfront and in the middle of some of the coolest architecture of all of Holland.
The staff was fantastic, smiling, helpful and capable. I would love to come again next time in Rotterdam.
Great big and soft beds :)
The breakfast was not more than okay though...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Pert
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The location of this hotel is simply GREAT, just opposite to Rotterdam Blaak station, with an underground exit right in the small square where the hotel entrance is, or across the road from the station exit.
Large and very comfy double bed. Free wi-fi everywhere. There's a tablet in the room, which you can use to close curtains, switch off lights, but also to check you mail or look up things in Internet.
I didn't like very much the small washbasin inside the room, but I understand all rooms of this hotel chain are the same.
Good breakfast with wide choice, and if prepaid the night before at reception you get a small discount.
Helpful and professional personnel.
Although the room wasn't very big and notwithstanding the washbasin issue, I enjoyed my stay and I'll definitely go back next time I'm in Rotterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

After ending up in rotterdam at 2 am on business, the last thing on my mind was dealing with a rotten motel. I checked in at a most ungodly hour, wanting only to see the insides of my eyelids. When I got to my room, I was so floored by the awesome decor, I forgot I was tired. Amazing service, great value.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Extremely good value for what you get. Yes, the rooms are pretty small, but I've stayed in smaller. But if you do your research first, you will know this and assess whether this is the right place for you. This was perfect for us. It was half the price of two other more traditional hotels we stayed in over our Dutch weekend yet by far and away the best.

The check in was self service, quick and easy, but with some 'ambassadors' on hand to assist. The rooms were very spotless, bright and fresh, with little quirky touches on the do not disturb signs and hairdryer bag etc. Little things that make you smile. The bar area is spacious enough. Free Wifi, printer etc,

We loved this place and hope more pop up. I took a punt not knowing what to expect, but knowing there is one in Amsterdam, I kind of wish we'd booked that one as well for when we went there afterwards. Will definitely stay at CitizenM hotels in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Extremely convenient, as it is just opposite train station and easy to locate.
After staying at citizenM Amsterdam, we had high expectation of this, as this is newer. Of course, didn't fail us, this is an even better stay. Big and comfy bed, friendly staff and convenient, value for money. And, not "open concept" bathroom and slightly bigger than the one in Amsterdam. Do I need to say more?

After this stay, we are very keen to try the other citizenM in other cities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple