“One Word: Tremendous”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Surrey
“One Word: Tremendous”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stumbled across this place on my first night in Rotterdam, a quiet Sunday evening, but there were still a fair few people in the place.

I have to say I don't know much about Indonesian food, but to me this was far far better than any curry I could remember from anywhere. The flavours were altogether both more subtle and more complex without losing any of the heat! I ordered the beef randag which came with no fewer than 6 accompanying dishes, 2 types of rice and various incredible veg dishes. I ordered a wine and the friendly owner suggested I might like an alternative wine better so I tried it and it was incredible.

Fantastic food, great wine, great service, would return to Rotterdam just for this little gem!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jenny F

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Great Indonesian food in modern setting”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We went here as a group on a Sunday evening. It wasn't very busy but still had a good atmosphere. The decor is very nice and modern. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The menu has a very good selection. With Indonesians in the family, the expectations are high, but every dish passed the test. Some Indonesian struggle to balance the flavours and not create something with is heavy, but in Blauw the flavours were refined and dishes well cooked and presented. Even without having the rice table, there was a lot of food on the table, with main meals arriving with a good range of side dishes. We also enjoyed the complimentary digestive and spekkoek (layer cake) with our coffee.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank AMB85
“Fantastic food & friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have eaten here many times, as it's an easy stop on the way home from work for me.

The staff is super friendly and very capable. I have a food allergy (peanuts & dairy) that a lot of restaurants have trouble dealing with. Especially a place with an Indonesian kitchen is a tough one, as those generally have a lot of dishes with peanuts in them.

Blauw is no different in this, but every time I've visited, they really went out of their way to come up with something delicious and safe for me. I honestly can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited February 2014