“loved it”
Review of Hotel One

Hotel One
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I slept in this hotel for 1 night, after arriving at Rotterdam Airport and I really liked it. The hotel is fairly small which makes it really pleasant. The location is great because it is really close to the station. (5-10 mins walk) Also there is public transport right in front of the hotel, to explore parts of the city that are not nearby. The neighboorhood is fine. The room was great. I arrived late and I was really happy there were coffee and tea facilities in my room, so I could make myself some tea before going to bed. The bed was perfect and very comfortable and soft. Bathroom was very clean, soft towels and a great shower.
The continental breakfast was great. Everything you needed was provided. I stayed here in December, and since it was almost Christmas everything was decorated, which makes it cosy.

The staf is really great and helpful. I had a problem with the electrical plug so I couldn't charge my phone, and they came to my room immediately to fix it. When I left they gave me some chocolates, and 1 day after my stay they send me an e-mail, thanking me for my stay, wishing me good luck with my study, and if I would return they would give me a free upgrade.

Really recommend this hotel to everyone that needs a place to sleep in Rotterdam!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lauren845B

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel a couple of times. For my profession I need make some business trips to Rotterdam sometimes. They recently renovated the hotel reception and It looks gorgeous. The receptionists are really friendly and hulpfull as usual.

A receptionist felt so sorry that my regular room was not available because of renovation. She immediately offered me an upgrade and she showed me some pictures, how my room willing going to look like. I will definitly come back to see the new rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank keith w
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I slept in this hotel for 4 nights, and absolutely loved it! The rooms are spacious, the bed is comfortable and the sleep quality is good. Their breakfast is kind of simple, and it could be more better. But the people working here are funny, friendly and professional.
This is a perfect hotel to stay when you are in Rotterdam. It is like 45 secs from the Rotterdam Centraal. And there are plenty of nice restaurants to eat nearby. The tram stops are very close by (literally outside the door), so you are just 20 mins away from most of the places. I walked to the Erasmus bridge from the hotel and it took me like 25 mins...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank lightonthestreet
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We ended up by accident in this Hotel (by a Groupon voucher) and it was a perfect place to stay to explore the City. Just a few meters by walk from the Train Station. We came by car (parked outside the City in Meijersplein P&R station for free) and went into the City by Metro (3 stops until central Station). 5 Minutes walk and there you are in Hotel One at the edge of the Asian quarter of Rotterdam. The Service was really great and friendly, helping us with maps and Restaurant advices. You can explore the whole City from here by Walking.
The rooms are clean and comfortable beds. The breakfast was really good with a lot of choices for Continental breakfast. And again, the Service was really friendly. In Terms of decoration you will find some Asian touch as well. If I go to Rotterdam again, I will stop in Hotel One again. Great place to be.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CI P
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Located 5 minutes from to the metro station. The room are modern and comfortable, the bathroom unusually large for a hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good, it was easy to walk to the main shopping areas and it was nice to be along a canal. I would recommend this place and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are minimalist and amenities basic but bedding is comfortable and it is very clean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Craigworldwide
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel One is a perfect location: very close to Rotterdam Central Station, and shops, bars. restaurants and theaters are nearby. But the hotel needs urgently an update. Th eentrance doesn't give the impression of entering a **** hotel, the furbishing is outdated, the staff formal and the breakfast standard. The rooms are reasonable, but the amenities and common areas are poor.
So , if hotel One wants to keep its reputation up, it needs an urgent refurbishment!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We are business travellers. This hotel is located next to metro station and to good restaurants in heart of Rotterdam, making it perfect for us. Staff is very friendly and helping at any time. I suggest it for everyone. Wifi coverage was perfect in our room. Small elevator and very steep stairs were a small problem. My only complain is occational smell in ground floor from kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business