“Pricey but worth it”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The speed boat, water taxi to the hotel was one of the coolest parts! We did not stay at the hotel, but had reservations for "high tea" and restaurant atmosphere was superb. Ou table was next to a scale model of the SS Nieuw Amsterdam--the ship I sailed on in 1964 to my junior year in Europe. The tea was very robust, with savory sandwiches and fabulous pasteries. Teas of your choice, each of us with our own, large china pot and pitcher of milk. Wonderful views of the river and very attentive service

There are newer reviews for Hotel New York

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Sun was shining and the outside restaurant was busy, however, friendly staff quickly guided me to a table.
A chilled glass of rose wine helped me choose a starter of calamares and main of smoked salmon.
Calamares were thinner than I'd have preferred but tasted fine and the garlic mayonaise dip accompanied them nicely.
A second glass of wine complimented the delicious smoked salmon on brown bread. This was a robust plateful of salmon, however, I'd question whether the accompanying ramekin of fresh cream contributed to the dish. I'd rather have had a little bit of side salad and a few capers to cut through the oiliness of the fish.
All in all though a nice meal and not excessively priced. Definately I'll go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Caught boat to Hotel New York - an experience as building was the HQ of Holland America line and lots of memorabilia and souvenirs around. Food excellent - lots of seafood on menu, really enjoyed the whole ambience of this large restaurant. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We wanted to try out HNY overlooking the water for dinner. We were kindly welcomed and asked to wait for 20 min. We enjoyed a drink and 1/2 hour later, we sat at our table. Only after 1 hour or so, we requested to be helped. We counted around 10 wait staff and were surprised that we couldn't get a menu or let alone get their attention. The food was rather small sized for the prices one pays. I did expect a bit more. Overall, I would recommend you go there to have an evening drink then move on for dinner.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been many times to the restaurant and i can say i have tried at least half of the menu. and i really liked everything. Tuna and Fillet are great, Bitterballen are a must.
Dessert are really generous so leave a bit of space for them...