“1h30 waiting for the dishes!”

New Nazar Cafe & Restaurant
Reserve with
New Nazar Cafe & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #683 of 1,065 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$22 - US$37
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdriehoek
Description: In restaurant Nazar wordt de authentieke sfeer van het Zwarte zeegebied en het oude Instanbul geschept. En dat in het centrum van Rotterdam! Olielampjes, warme kleuren en zangerige Turkse achtergrondmuziek zijn dan ook kenmerkend voor dit restaurant met Turkse keuken. In Turkije heeft iedere streek eigen gerechten. Vandaar dat Nazar verschillende gerechten uit verschillende streken serveert. De gemiddelde prijs van een menu ligt rond de euro 15,-. Op zaterdagavond kan men dineren onder het genot van live-muziek.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have tried this restaurant with friends just to have dinner before the game of Holland (Holland vs Costa Rica WC 2014).
What happened was really annoying and bad!
Firstly, we ordered something to drink, after 30 minutes waiting for beer it came and we ordered the food.
As the food was taking too long and we were hungry we decided to order some bread, but nothing after 15 minutes I went to the kitchen and ordered it again, after 5 minutes we were with bread on the table, it was a victory.
Aftert 10 minutes e ordered more beer, however, it was taking so long that we asked two servants what was happening, we were 5 so with this two interventions what happened was, instead of 5 beers they were giving as 10.
After 1h30 the food came, however it was not so good considering the waiting time.
The restaurant offered us one beer to each and dessert, some fruit.
After that we were a little more happy, however, in the moment of to ask for a bill more 20 minutes waiting and they were asking us more 20 euros than we had. They were just mixing everything. A complete mess. Avoid this restaurant please!

There are newer reviews for New Nazar Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The food is nice, sometimes very nice. But staff and location are not that good. Most of the guests are regulars. Staff working at turkish shops in the neighbourhood and the Turkish consulate form the other side of the street.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. I came again tonight because of the live music every Saturday night and was very pleased. The delicious food had huge portions, so I could eat only half. The lentil soup was the best I have ever had. They were nice enough to agree to switch coffee for dessert. Their kitchen was open tonight until 1am ! I love the open kitchen and the colorful but subdued lamps. What else ? Perfect location.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We too happened upon this place while walking to another Middle Eastern place. I was just telling my husband that the place we were going sounded touristy, and that I wish we could find something more authentic! Just then we saw Nazar! It was perfect! Delicious food, friendly service, not at all pretentious, good value. What's not to like? It is a short walk from the Bourse stations.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Since our recommended first choice was booked for the night, we kept walking down the street and happened upon this little gem. It was a bit hot in there for October, but the food made up for that. We had the four course menu, which included a hot soup that tasted a bit like potato soup. It went great with the fresh bread. Next, we had a sampling of several spreads and relished...humus, red peppers with tomatoes, mushrooms, yogurt with nuts, olive relish, and zucchini relish...all very good, especially with the bread. Next, I had the shrimp and vegetables in a spicy tomato sauce....again, hot and delicious! It was served with a salad, rice, and fried potatoes. I ate so much that I couldn't eat the salad. We finished off the meal with home made baklava! Not too sweet, but just right.