“Good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in The Hague
grenoble
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

First of all, the people are really friendly and they smile :-)
Hotel was pretty nice before Christmas, so it was a nice moment.
I don't know the city, but you can take a street and walk to some nice restaurants and shops.

The standard room is ok, breakfast is fine and the meals that we got at the lunch breaks were good.
1 comment, you have to pay or ask for wifi ...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice response on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings.

Hilton The Hague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York NY
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel was booked for a group and if was globally a good experience. Good room, modern hotel,good bed. Nice staff always helpful.

The lounge is ok (could be better but it look like in the summer they have a big terrace). Walking distance from everywhere (not the station).

Good experience.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Hilton the Hague is a great business, hotel with excellent service, very fast internet and a relatively good resturaunt. Location may be a little bit of an issue as not all the tram numbers come by the closest station, but overall you can get a conncetion somehow. I enjoyed myself here and will surely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Derby, East Midlands
Reviewed 21 December 2013

For the most part, I very much enjoyed my stay. I stayed in 539 which was a truly fantastic room. I was lucky enough to stay in an Executive room which was spacious and very comfortable; the facilities were excellent. Facilities included: complimentary wifi, Ethernet (wired) access, 3 different phones (one on the desk, one next to the bed, and even one in the bathroom), a large desk, a comfortable chair with footrest, a very large wall mounted flatscreen TV, a well stocked minibar, 2 bottles of complimentary water (sparkling & still) each morning, a tall wardrobe (suitable for hanging a full length coat and I presume also dresses, a decent number of coat hangers, a safe, and ironing board and decent iron, and a very well appointed bathroom (with bath and shower). In terms of size, cleanliness, comfort and facilites I couldn't have asked for more. The room also included access to the Executive Lounge: an area with breakfast bar style tables, a number of small tables each suitable for 2 diners, and a comfortable area around a table. The Executive Lounge also provided complimentary snacks and drinks (including alcoholic drinks after about 17:30). Breakfast is also served there. Again - I couldn't have asked for more and was very impressed with the selection of food and drink on offer. The bar is also very nice, although I found it a little expensive. I paid 7,50euro for a large beer (which seemed a little less than a pint, though I may be wrong). I did not use the restaurant, gym, pool, or hotel other facilities. I was only there for 2 nights, and while at the hotel spent most of my time either in the room or Executive Lounge. The bed was extremely comfortable and during the evenings and through the night I found it soothing, quiet, and relaxing. The TV had a decent selection of Dutch, German, French, British and (I think) Spanish and/or Italian programmes. I'm an English speaker, so was happy to see several BBC channels (including BBC1 and BBC2) and several ITV channels too (including ITV1). The only slight downside to my stay was that the room I stayed in was right next to a service area of some sort - I think it was next to the kitchen area of the Executive Lounge. There was an awful lot of noise coming from there, and it was quite distracting during the mornings (and even in the evening, up to about 22:00). I'm not sure what the clattering and banging was - I first thought it was someone sweeping the corridor outside (and the broom hitting into doors or woodwork) until I saw that the corridors were carpetted. I tended to be up quite early to get to work, but on the one day I stayed in my room to work I found the noise really quite a distrubance and I would therefore recommend that room 539 be avoided if you have the chance. I can imagine most/all Executive rooms are equally well appointed and had I stayed in any other on the 5th floor I can imagine my stay would have been utterly perfect and would have been given "Excellent" rating rather than "Very Good". In all I would highly recommend this hotel on the basis of my stay in an Executive room (my comments about noise notwithstanding). I'm unable to comment on any other rooms, but I will be staying there again (likely I will not be lucky enough to be on 5th floor) so will report back accordingly.

1 Thank gutt3d
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings.

I regret to read your room was not quiet at all during your stay, there was some disturbing noise. First of all my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in our hotel. Please, be assured this issue has been discussed within our team and various actions are already in place to ensure this does not re-occur in the future.

Miami
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Hilton The Hague has the same friendly and efficient service typical of any Hilton. The lobby and rooms are very comfortable, and I really like the look and feel of the interior spaces. It has sort of a retro, 1970s feel to it, while still appearing very modern. Very tastefully done.

I booked online on the Hilton website and found a number of discount offers available. For the price I paid, I think the value is excellent. The location of the hotel is very good, and the attached restaurant is excellent, albeit a bit on the pricey side.

The only reason I did not give Hilton The Hague an "excellent" rating is the outrageous price for wifi in the rooms. However, free wifi is available in public areas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sabol305
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Excellent location for the legal business I had in The Hague. Not far from Central train station and the court and our lawyers office. Also shopping streets and good restaurants nearby. Rooms luxuriously furnished and very clean. Staff very friendly and atune to business needs as well as multilingual. Room pleasently quite as main street was on the other side of a canal. Recommend this hotel for business. Price is high for pleasure stay.

1 Thank Kevin W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our team did a great job. I have shared your compliments with them.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Excellent accomodations with a stupendous view of the local scene. Centrally located to restaurants and shopping. Quiet. Staff extrememly courteous and helpful. Enjoyed my stay and will definitely recommend the hotel. I will be returning on my next visit.

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our team did a great job. I have shared your compliments with them.