“Good”
Review of Hilton The Hague

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had a late booking and could only stay one night. The staff were I suppose were helpful to a point. However, it is one of the most expensive hotels in the city. The best deals would be like the one offered by British Airways flight and hotel if you book in advance. If you are unfortunate to make this as your last decision you will pay through your nose! The one good thing about it is the location and spark bar when you want to wind down.

Room Tip: The rooms vary according to what you can afford. There is nothing unique for me to comment as I only...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Hilton The Hague

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I are moving here and spent 8 weeks in this awesome hotel. Not only is the facility great but what made the difference was the staff! They always went above and beyond what would be expected. Always willing to give recommendations to restaurants, shopping, tourist sights- whatever we asked they took the time to research it for us, map it out, make reservations etc...
They all speak English (and other languages) very well which made our transition from the States easier. Many of them helped me learn a few dutch phrases which I am still practicing. I will miss their help when we move to our apartment tomorrow.
Our bed was very comfortable, the hotel is very clean and the breakfast buffet consisted of lots of choices. They will make you something special if you ask. They even arranged to have bananas at our request some days! (we try to eat them for the potassium in them)
The Executive Lounge is a wonderful place to relax and spend time with the staff and other guests. I am sorry to leave this hotel as it has begun to feel like "home away from home".
Some of the other treats were being around the corner from the Royal Stables and getting to see the horses and carriages go by, watching the ducks and geese on the canal as you eat your breakfast or dinner. It is in a convenient location and we walked or took the tram or bus everywhere.
We highly recommend this hotel for families, business travelers and everyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. Thank you also for all the compliments, I will be happy to forward them to my staff. It is always nice to read that guests had an enjoyable stay in our hotel in The Hague.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nicely located hotel with modern rooms and spacious bathrooms, staff friendly and welcoming at the reception. The Restaurant Pearl is also a nice asset with beautiful dishes and affordable prices. Will definitely stay there again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. Thank you for your compliments.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed 4 weeks in this hotel and really enjoyed. The hotel is not in the central of downtown, but is only 10 mins walking distance, and you can always get on the tram 1 or bus 22,24 on the station just couple blocks next to the hotel. There are several good restaurant nearby offer good quality dinner selection, so you don't need really to be in the city central anyway.

As the hotel is little bit away from the central, the area is quiet at night, you can’t hear noise from the street at all.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, Katalin, Jorg, Frank, Edwin, Sam, Gert and few others also made me feel welcomed. The lounge staff are all attentive and friendly, always offered a drink or even pancake for the breakfast. Thanks Jackie, John and others.

The Hilton also has a good customer support team you can try to contact prior your arrival, Kevin Passon from the cluster reservation helped me greatly to arrange my stay.

Good breakfast selections, and you can order pancake, omelette and fried cake from the kitchen. Although i had some trouble with omelette, still enjoyed the breakfast during my stay.

The gym is pretty standard. And the hotel no longer provide bike rental service, you can get it from the central station. The bike shop operates till late night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lkh_trip
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor regrding your stay in our hotel, Hilton The Hague. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is very nice to read that we did succeed.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel in Feb 2014, had a great time. staff were friendly and being gold memember I was upgraded. No problems, breakfast was sufficient in the lounge and main breakfast room.
Stayed again this week (March 2014) big disppointment. I had to book via 3rd party as I could not find any rooms via their website. I wanted to book via their website but just wasnt possible, which in return meant I got a old shabby room. I adjusted for 1 night but next day I requested to move which they allowed.However the 2nd night I was woken up at middle of the night as reception called my room as they dialed my number by mistake. All they said is sorry, wrong number. when I complained upon checkout they didnt really care I was disturbed.
What I found VERY disappointing was the attitude of the staff on this. Anyway another disappointing thing is that ordering room service is litterally just what you order, dont dream about having ketchup/mayo/salt/pepper etc eg no condiments are provided, however they charge you 7euros to bring the food to you.
Breakfast in the room, also a charge of 7 euros, but again no condiments, esp if ordering coffee, you would expect to have sugar on the tray...nope! Again with eggs you would expect some salt/pepper but nothing.
So for a 5* hotel their room service is 2* - not happy at all and now wondering where to stay on next trip to the Hague...

1  Thank Mal1979

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings. We will discuss your feedback within our team. Your detailed feedback is very beneficial to continue to improve our facilities and services.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Went for a first visit to Haag with friends to run the half marathon and found the hotel to suit us very well. Large common areas, large rooms, great service making us always feel welcome, Nice breakfast at the hotel with a good choice of foods. Quiet rooms and comfortable beds. We also really liked the location, not in the absolute city centre by the train station, but in a more charming area close to restaurants, galleries and small shops.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am pleased to read you had a nice time.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

friendly staff, great location, but the hotel gives the signs of being aged and needs some injection of vitality. The interior design needs refreshing and it would help if some of the hotel staff spent a night or two in the rooms to see the shortcomings when compared to their business competitors.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings. Ultimately, you serve as the best quality auditor and I appreciate it that you took the time to let us know.