“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Hilton The Hague

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed 2 May 2014

What a fabulous hotel.

We stayed here for a few days to visit the bulb fields, and although I have visited Holland on a number of occasions I had never visited The Hague. Because this was to celebrate a special birthday for my wife I chose the Hilton because of its mainly outstanding reviews, and we both agreed at the end it was an inspired choice.

The hotel is situated virtually at the top of one of the main shopping streets, less than a two minute slow walk, so an ideal location.

Check in was really fast, and from pulling up outside, our car was parked by the valet in we were in our rooms. Note that parking by the valet is 25 Euros per day, but I had to go down to the parking and where the cars are kept is very secure, so well worth the cost.

The rooms are large with plenty of space and pleasingly decorated. We overlooked the inner gardens which meant it was really quiet and relaxed. The AC was not audible and worked extremely well, a rarity in some hotels we have stayed in. The TV offered a wide range of channels, including quite a few BBC and ITV channels, again a rarity as in most hotels I have stayed in the only English channels on offer are CNN and BBC World.

During our stay we only had breakfast in the hotel, but like most Hilton hotels the buffet was extensive and there was more than enough choice to please most tastes.

What however made the stay that much better were the staff. The only word you could use to describe them is outstanding, and a credit to the level of training given to them. Nothing was too much bother, and the went out of their way to assist and advise us whenever we asked, I would go as far as to say they are the best hotel staff I have ever come across.

To me this must be one of the best hotels in Holland.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Graham E
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. Thank you also for the nice compliments, I will forward them to my team.

Hilton The Hague

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a brilliant stay over Kingsday weekend and cannot find fault with this hotel.
The rooms are contemporary and spacious, very clean and have all the facilities you need - toiletries, tea and coffee, hairdryer and iron.
The beds are huge and extremely comfortable.
I've never stayed in a hotel where the bathroom was so large - a fantastic walk-in rain shower, a bath big enough to almost lay down in and plenty of room for all your toiletries.
The bar in the hotel is very funky and a great place to relax and enjoy a few drinks.
All the staff were very helpful and maid service was carried out at a time to suit
Location is excellent, close to the centre of the city, a perfect base for us as we travelled to other parts of Holland - Voorburg, Amsterdam and Delft.
Would recommend to anyone staying The Hague for business or pleasure.
My sister lives in the city and I will not hesitate to stay here again next time I visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King deluxe room, very large, great facilities, very quiet, never heard any noise fro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review regarding your stay in our hotel. It is a pleasure to read you had a nice time.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great location and for the most part, the room is comfy and the staff is excellent. The housekeeping is a bit lax, however, and the room service is overpriced (even for a hotel), not the greatest quality, and offers very limited options for someone trying to eat healthfully. Typical example - I ordered a pizza and a SIDE SALAD, with vinagrette dressing. He brought a dinner-sized salad ($17 for a bowl of greens and 4 cherry tomatoes), so I asked that he adjust the bill. I took one bite, and realized they pulled the usual stunt of not shaking up the dressing and just pouring on a quart of pure oil - so basically not edible. The restaurant manager then called, POUTING about the fact that there was a mixup on the salad and whining about adjusting the bill. Then she asked, "DId you eat it yet?" As if she's going to recycle it??!... Then - huff, puff, she asked, "So what am I supposed to do?" Um, several options: 1) Take the salad off my bill completely since it's inedible 2) Go to confession for charging me $45 for a $10 bottle of wine 3) Let me get back to my (strangely bad) pizza, which is rapidly getting cold. Expected better from a HIlton!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Theresa V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I have noticed you were fairly satisfied with your stay with us, but not convinced with the Hilton service and quality we pride ourselves in. I want to apologize for the inconvenience. I will discuss your comments within my team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We would rate our stay experience 10/10. The location was very close to many attractions. Neighborhood was safe and quiet. The service was outstanding . Staff were very courteous, helpful in ensuring our stay was comfortable. This is one of the best Hilton hotels we can recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel met all the expectation for the price. It's close to Den Haag city center and the beach of Scheveningen by a short tram trip. The room and bathroom were spotless clean. The breakfast was tremendous.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in our hotel. Nice to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the city.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Perfect location, welcoming staff, clean, comfortable, all in all one of my best stays in the city. Definitely value for money. it is in walking distance from most important points but still a calm location. Pity Internet was so expensive, that is my only complaint.

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel was ok, the room was of good size and the bathroom ok. But what really bothered me that they charged a lot for WiFi in this days WiFi should be free and not cost 10 EUR a day, I already paid for the room. Well otherwise it was ok, a bit expensive but fine

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichieQ0203

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us. We do offer free internet to our guests in the lobby, the bar and the restaurant. Please, be assured I will discuss your feedback within my team.