Hotel Maurits
  • Room Service
US$149
US$137
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton The Hague(The Hague)
US$211
US$178
  • Room Service
Ibis Den Haag City Centre(The Hague)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$69
US$276
US$256
  • Pool
The Hague Marriott Hotel(The Hague)
US$127
Carlton Beach(Scheveningen)
US$150
US$133
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet locationfriendly hotelworld forumpublic transportbusiness tripcity centreapartmentfridgebathroombreakfast
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here while attending a conference at the World Forum centre. The taxi driver was not familiar with the hotel, so it is important to have the address with you (cost - 18 euro). The hotel is serviced by the number 17 tram from central station, if needed (cost - 3 euro). It is convenient to the World Forum (10 minute walk) and to the Hague harbour (5 minute walk). Shops and restaurants are in a nearby street about 5 minute walk. The hotel is a series of houses converted into hotel rooms. I arrived after the 6pm check in time, but had informed the manager in advance of this, and a buzzer called them to let me in. (I think the manager lives on-site). My room was small, but comfortable and clean. Front desk was helpful and polite with suggestions about travelling around The Hague and which trams to catch etc. (Thank you Roxanna). I had a double bed (upgraded from single room because of my length of stay). Bathroom was a good size, water was hot with good pressure. Towels were changed daily if required. Bed was good, and I had no trouble sleeping. Breakfast was provided. A good cold collation of sliced meats, cheeses, pate cereals and breads, etc. Food was high quality and fresh. Street is suburban and quiet at night. My room was up on the top floor, and had a small balcony overlooking a small courtyard. On the down side, there is no lift, and the stairs are quite steep and narrow - a standard design of Dutch row houses. I do not know how the stairs in the other converted row houses would be, but it should be considered if you have trouble walking up stairs, particularly carrying luggage. Contact the hotel in advance to see if there are any rooms without stairs. That being said, I did enjoy my stay here. Both the cost and convenience are very acceptable, particularly for a lengthy stay. I would recommend this hotel to others.
Marco DiGirolamo

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MarcoDiGirolamo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed for nearly a week, not in a hotel room, but in an apartment adjacent to the main hotel building. It had two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and separate toilet. The bathroom was very nicely and newly refitted with bath and shower. The shower was good. The toilet was very small but adequate. The kitchen was quite new and fine for small meals, snacks and breakfast but not really anything more. The location is excellent for the tram to Den Haag Centrum, walking to the harbour or to the beach (10 and 15 minutes respectively). A ten minute walk gets you to the tram stop for Scheveningen. There is free WiFi for guests which was good in the apartment as well. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Didn't have a room but recommend the apartment that gives a bit more freedom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my company. The taxi driver from the rail station had to use his sat nav to find hotel (not a good start) Taxi cost 20 euro, although the tram line runs just 50m from the hotel, so I suggest you e-mail hotel in advance for tram details. I then found the hotel is a row of houses as annexes with their individual entrance doors. - now, in the UK this is a bad sign, this usually suggests neglected rooms. But - Hotel Maurits surprised me. Very friendly reception staff welcomed me and happily gave me a map showing that the local boulevard with restaurants and the Marina are each just a few minutes walk away, in opposite directions. The entrance hall to my "house" was a little tired, but my room was large, bright and airy. There was a portable air-con unit plumbed into the room, which was a little noisy, but very,very welcome in the summer heat. Once I had worked out that I needed to put my room key into a lock in the wall to turn the power on, I was amazed at the quality of the bathroom - at least 4 star. Lots of clothes hanging space and a security safe in the wardrobe. The kitchenette area would be great if I had been staying more than one night and the refrigerator had a complimentary bottle of water, coke and beer - yes complimentary. Although my house was full, my room was very quiet and I slept well. If you want to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant you must pre-arrange this, as it seems to be usually only for breakfast, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Continental breakfast was plentiful and fresh. So, to summarise - this hotel is not posh or impressive, but it is very comfortable and friendly.

Room Tip: As rooms are in individual houses they may be different, so I suggest that you discuss with hotel what your needs are, before booking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Marmite-13
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great small but friendly hotel well appointed rooms which are more than adequate breakfast offers a varied selection of Dutch and continental options. Staff are friendly and always willing to help.

Hotel is situated in a quiet par of The Hague with frequent tram connection to both central and spoor stations

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Booked via vakanitieveilingen.nl for just €40 incl. Breakfast for Two. Room simple but good for *** hotel. Breakfast is very good with enough choice. Just 5 min. walking from public transport to trainstation, city centre and the biggest multi culturele market in Europe, Haagse Mart!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple