“Classic location, modern rooms & everlasting service”
Review of Parkhotel Den Haag

Parkhotel Den Haag
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely hotel, surprisingly located in a characteristic part of The Hague's city center. Staff is very hospitable and the bar personnel discrete, yet warm and friendly. The rooms are spacious, the beds very comfortable. I especially loved the bathroom. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a stay in a more than comfortable location with a service-minded staff (which in our country is the exception, not the rule).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive comments.
We will pass through your feedback to all the staff, who will be pleased to read this.

Please let us know when you are coming again, so we might be able to block the same room for you.
We look forward welcoming you again in the hotel!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spent two weeks here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hotel located on street with restricted vehicle traffic - recently installed security stanchions prevented all but taxis and local residents from using. Located right behind the gardens of the Royal Palace, this property is surrounded by great shopping, and restaurants.

The hotel has a great, full breakfast buffet that was included in the cost of our room; the only downside for me was no hot cereal.

The hotel also has about a dozen bikes that you can rent. Since my employer provided one to me when I arrived, I did not have to rent one, but was allowed to park my bike in their garage (also availabe to guests who drive a car to the hotel). Since biking in the NL is a primary means of transportation (almost on par with motor vehicles), bike lanes and signage were excellent. In the evenings and weekend I took advantage of this great infrastructure and biked to Scheveningen, Delft, and Leiden.

My specific room was on the third floor and had a balconey onto which I could walk. I found though that if I left the door open, the local pigeons would take this as an invitation to come and visit. And they did! It was not uncommon to find them wandering around the spacious bathroom (seperate tub and shower) checking the place out if I left a door or window open through which they would venture.

Room Tip: If you want fresh air, the higher up you are the better. I was on the 4th floor (US or 3rd floor by...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott H

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
It is a real pleasure to read and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay that much.
Great to hear that you rented a bike and explored The Hague and the surrounding cities.

Apologies for the pigeons though. It is not nice to have them in your room. You can always call us for help to get rid of them.

Please let us know when you are coming next time, so we can make sure you will have your hot cereal.

We look forward welcoming you in the hotel again!

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a great room, very spacious, overlooking the park behind. It was so peaceful, light and airy and walking distance of restaurants, galleries etc. They do serve a great range of foods for breakfast but don't have a restaurant for dinner, but offer room service. the night we arrived we planned to order room service but unfortunately the chef had gone home early. Marco the barman could not have been more apologetic and we had an enjoyable hour chatting to him, and he was so helpful with information about the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, the location and the breakfast.
Sorry to hear that you were not able to have dinner with us, but we are happy that Marco was so helpful.
We have passed your nice comments to him and to the rest of the staff.

We look forward welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stay in this hotel for 10 days from 11 to 21 May and I like my stay here my room was in royal Cardenas side in the back of hotel in 4th floor ,the bad is comfort and the room and bathroom is big the service is 5 stare , and there is coffee and tee for free for all days in the loopy ,
The breakfast is great but I hope they hotels change the menue of breakfast becaus when they continue put the same breakfast every day it's very boring .
And the tv is great but I hope the will put more channels in it like Arabic Chanel's ,...
My advice to you is to book this hotel and you enjoy in your staying in den hag hotel
Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your stay in Parkhotel Den Haag!

It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially when you are staying for such a long time.
Please let us know, if you are coming next time, what you would like to see different on the breakfast menu. It is an extensive breakfast, so it is difficult to change it over the days as most guests stay for a shorter time.
However we would be pleased to serve something extra for you.

We are able to provide specific television channels upon your request. Please let us know which channel you would like to see during your stay and we will make sure it will be shown on your television.

We look forward welcoming you in the future again!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

After reading the reviews and looking at the photos of the Parkhotel, I wanted to say how excited I am to be staying there on Monday with my husband. We travel to Den Hague often, but this will be our first visit to this hotel. Hoping for a room in the main building.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Susan,

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Parkhotel Den Haag!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel with my wife and relatives, had 3 superior rooms with b&b arrangement.
To be very sinthetic: I found the hotel very good value for money, it is ideally located if you care to be right in the centre of the city and it also offers a more than decent garage to help you with parking. Breakfast was very good, staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Suggestions to guests: try and book the rooms overlooking the park and not the street. No real problem with the street side bu the park view is nicer!

Suggestions to the hotel: breakfast room chairs!! A real pity to find such ruined and dirty chairs as the breakfast service really has no other downsides. Also a slightly negative note regarding the beds: my wife had a real hard time getting used to the mattress and I can only suggest the same remedy as the breakfast chairs: urgent renewal!

All in all we had a very good stay and we will probably return! Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fabrizio B

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel, the location and the breakfast.
Thank you for the great compliment to all the staff!

You are completely right about the chairs and that is why they have been renovated more than a year ago. Probably we had some of the old chairs in the breakfast room to make sure all guests were able to sit.
However we are aware of the chairs and do our best to avoid using them.

Sorry to read that your wife did not get used to the mattress.
Next time please feel free to ask for an extra top mattress for example.

Thanks again and we look forward welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for work so unsure of the cost, but my room was comfortable and quiet. Simple...but had all I needed. The Royal Palace is just outside the window, which was rather a novelty! The setting is nice and location central - the street outside is not at all noisy (no traffic at all) but lots of quirky shops. Had lunch in the garden outside - nice place to sit and enjoy typical Dutch fayre (with fantastic rye bread - can't recommend the bread enough!)

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kasstage
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive feedback.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay!
Did you plan your next visit already?
Please let us know, so we can book a room in the front again.

We look forward welcoming you again in Parkhotel Den Haag!