“Ok - nothing special”

Novotel Den Haag World Forum
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms are fine with a good shower (thin towels, no washcloths). Couldn't hear other guests. Windows crack for fresh air, though room wasn't smelly. I so appreciated the flexibility in allowing me to check in at 9am due to a red eye flight. You're given a choice of shower or tub. I loved the 12th floor view from my room and appreciated the glass exterior of the elevator to see the city, the weather. My only complaint is that the otherwise excellent desk staff seemed to have only the vaguest knowledge of the neighborhood. They'll give you a map, direct you to "the Fred" shopping street, but beyond that they can't make any recommendations for restaurants or anything. Also, there is a 17 tram stop much closer to the hotel than where you're directed to--out of the hotel, to the left. It goes to the Centrum just like the 1 but is a shorter walk from the Novotel. The breakfast is fine but the same every day. Long lines for coffee during the busiest times, so it's worth going down earlier than within 30-45 minutes of the first conference event. The bar off the lobby is reasonably priced with friendly staff. Beer choices limited but what they offer is good. Beer lovers should go to Gall & Gall on the Fred for excellent, relatively cheap beer. The cheese shop further down and across the street is wonderful: lots of samples, good prices. Tasty is a good lunch place. Paagman Books is fantastic--great selection in English, also an office supply store, post office, and cafe.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. I am so glad you liked the room and view. The bath linen already has our attention and I am expecting a solution for that soon, thank you for mentioning though. Concerning your comment about the excellent staff and their knowledge on the surroundings, this will definately be discussed with our staff.
Again thanx for your positive words and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at the Novotel which adjoins the World Forum where my meeting was.

Nice and bright, rooms clean and contemporary, decent breakfast, friendly staff.

You can get the number 1 or 17 tram from the Central Station.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review! I am glad you like our renovated rooms. Indeed if you have business at the world forum our hotel is the most comfortable and the closest by.

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 18 October 2013

What I like most about this property are the rooms. Even the standard room is very nice.
We had to wait in line for the check in and were met with disinterest of the agent, not a good start... luckily the room made it all good.

Breakfast was terrible: a great selection and nice presentation but... no place to be seated. As we saw an empty spot, we went there, and someone came running after us that we did not tell them our room number ( but there was no-one at the counter?! )
We finally managed to get a spot... Breakfast was okay, but once again, the service lacked.

Upon check out we had to pay for internet since the 'free wifi' signal was to weak, and I had to send some work emails, so I shortly used the cable in the room to get the mails out.

As I mentioned the previous points before upon check out, I hoped that the agent checking us out would drop the internet charge as a courtesy... but once again.. service.

The positive thing is: it's a good hotel, good location, but service needs to improve before I go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to point out the dissapointments you have experienced. I am glad you like the room and breakfast. Could you please contact me to tell me on which date this occured so I can have a word with the concerning staff? h5389-rd@accor.com
I am sure this was an isolated incedent and with your next visit this will not occur.
please accept my apologies,
regards,
The Hague
Reviewed 16 October 2013

nice rooms, professional
rather poor reception (many checking in at same time)
and general areas are very limited (no lounge, no daily paper)
nice bar
breakfast is 3 star quality despite selction of bread

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry your expectations during your stay in our hotel were not completely met. Unfortunately you were not able to find our daily papers as we have 4 of them just in front of the entrance of the bar. We consider our bar and lobby area as lounge area but indeed we do not have a seperate are for that. I am sorry the breakfast dissapointed you, I will investigate on that partiqular date.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I spent one night here and I was not impressed. When I was checking in together with quite a few other arriving guests there was only one staff at the desk. So the checking in took ages. When all ~8 of us were almost done another staff entered from the back door happily asking who was next. Others who had been waiting longer than me muttered "nicely timed coffee break". I don't know if she just came to work or had had a break. The room was ok but I was on the top floor (12th) and since this hotel is quite close to the sea it can be very windy. It is hard to imagine but the noise from the wind was quite annoying. On top of this isolation between the rooms weren't that great. The location is ok if you are going to the world forum but if you need to go into the city centre is is not so good. The nearest tram is some 10 minutes away which is annoying if you have a lot to carry. There is free wifi which worked great in the room but it did not work in the restaurant area. So bringing my ipad down to catch up on news at breakfast failed. All in all, maybe I was in a bad mood that day, so take this review with a grain of salt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear sir/madam.
I do regret that your last stay in my hotel did not entirely meet your expectations.
I assure you that your points of criticism have my fullest attention.
Your comment about the wind, I indeed took with the grain of salt that you offered me.
Thanks very much for the time you took to write your review.
I do hope to be able welcoming you again in the near future.
Kindest regards,