“Very good hotel”

Novotel Den Haag World Forum
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I cannot complain, very nice hotel, good food in the bar if you don't feel like going out, restaurant a bit expensive. Rooms are spacious and very clean.
Nice walk into town if you like walking but close to tram as well.
I would come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing our hotel. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Krijn

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a nice time; good room, good breakfast, etc. Only issue I had was that when I asked where I could best park, I was shown the car park and then only the next day was told to pay 20 euros for it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank lagihari
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Three nights at the hotel as part of our Museum Trip in Holland -what better time to do it when the weather is poor, a shortage of tourists and the hotel deals are good. A very nice hotel with excellent service levels which though on the outskirts of the Hague is very close to the Gemeente & other museums. The rooms are well furnished with an excellent bathroom. We had breakfast included in the hotel rate which was a cold or hot buffet - a nice start to the day.Wi-Fi worked well in the room.Car parking available at the World Forum which you pay for when checking out. Good communications via the tram 1 to Delft, center of town or Scheveningen. Walking to the Hague center takes around 20 minutes plus. A lovely hotel which made for a relaxed stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive words!! We are glad you had a very relaxing stay.
Hopefully we will see you in the future again,

Kind regards,

Krijn

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed for a night in August. Location is good if you have business in that particular area (ie World Forum). Tram stop is within walking distance (Tram 17 Staten Kwartier) so it is convenient to go anywhere like Centrum, Central and Holland Spoor Stations etc. Walk further down and another tram stop (Tram 1 - Delft) will enable you to reach the Scheveningen beach or if towards the opposite site, Delft. Several museums are within walking-distance as well. You will hardly have any downtime.

I liked everything about the room and I probably had the best sleep therein during my month-long trip. Basic amenities are provided, room is spacious, adequately-furnished. I did not try hotel food (and I found the breakfast rate expensive) and just walked a few blocks to the nearest supermarket. There's also a bakery nearby which sells excellent breads (only accepts credit card for payment). Only downside during my stay is the dirty driveway - not a pleasant sight upon arrival. As to service, however, staff were very courteous and attentive. It was a relaxing stay overall.

Room Tip: Higher floor = nicer view of the surrounding area and less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive words concerning your stay at the Novotel World Forum.
I am happy our new rooms are to your liking and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
I completely agree on the renovation comments in front of our door, but luckely this is finished very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference held in May 2013. The rooms are quite small but in decent condition. I agree with fellow travelers that the elevator was very slow. The breakfast was quite expensive and the choices were limited. It is in an ideal location if your conference is at the World Forum, but you are quite far from restaurants and sightseeing locations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know what you thought of our hotel and your stay.
This way we can improve our services.
We hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve!
Hope to see you again in the future,

Regards ,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I recently spent four days there. The location is ideal if attending a meeting in the adjoining conference centre but also practical in general. Within 10 minutes walk radius, one can find a shopping district, the Gemeentemuseum, IMAX cinema. Tram 1 takes you to Scheveningen seafront ( don't miss tea at the 'belle epoque' Kurhaus ) or the other direction to city centre and on to Delft. Tram17 to Central Station. Check-in check-out was quick, reception staff helpfully printed my boarding card, lent me an umbrella on a rainy day and gave useful tips when asked. Room service was efficient ( decent club sandwich ). The room (tenth floor) was spotless and daily cleaning was never late. The furnishings tasteful, sober colours. Reading lights were where you need them. Pillows soft, mattress firm. Nice view ( on a clear day ). If I were to nitpick, I would have liked a magnifying mirror in the bathroom and a telephone set next to the bed rather than on the desk. A pencil/ pen with the note pad was missing. Otherwise,all necessary items available: water boiler plus complementary tea and coffee bags, free wifi, safe and small fridge ( mercifully uncluttered ). Breakfast included in the room rate and worth its price. I had no difficulty finding a table even though there were many guests. True, the restaurant is rather dark, but a candlelight breakfast is not an unpleasant change.
All in all, four and a half stars, good value.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extensive review on our hotel. I am really happy you have given us a 4,5 star and especially proud you like the service we provide.
I really hope we can welcome you again soon in The Hague.
regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three times now due to location but won't be staying again. Rooms are adequate but two factors have put me off

1. The lift - it takes an eternity to get to where you want to go. When the lift does eventually arrive it is full and you need to wait again. It takes a ridiculous amount of time!

2. Breakfast - rubbish. Rude staff. No where to sit. Whole areas cordoned off that they won't open 'because that's for the evening'. Food selection poor. Queue for coffee. No service.

In summary I'd say they have too many guests for the infrastructure of the hotel.

And this is not the result of one visit. It's the result of three. And I go to a lot of hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Honestdave71
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear guest. Thank you very much for having taken the time to update us with your comments about your stay in our hotel.
Unfortunately you experienced longer waiting time for the elevators, which only every now and then occurs when the World Forum hosts a congress, and everybody wants to go up at the same time.
Your are totally right about the breakfast, and we will take immediate action towards the restaurant staff.
I do hope that these incidents do not withhold you from visiting us again in the near future.
Please inform me personally of your next visit, so I can look after your reservation myself.
With kindest regards,