“Decent Hotel for Business Stay”

Novotel Den Haag World Forum
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Decent Hotel for Business Stay”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for a few days to attend a meeting in The Hague and was happy with my choice. I had got a good deal from the Accor website and the location suited me, so it all worked well.

The room was pleasant and the facilities as one would expect.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

The only let-down was that the breakfast was not as good as I have had in other hotels in the same price range - the range of food was quite limited and the cooked food was not well presented.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
krijntaat, Front Office Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words about hte hotel and rooms. I am glad you appreciated the service our staff was providing. Our F&B Manager is aware off your comments regarding the breakfast and we will evaluate the presentation with the new menu soon.

Hope to see you back,

Otto Kaandorp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Clean, modern hotel located within the World Forum complex- very convenient for conferences held there. Quick check in/out; staff very friendly. Only negative I can think of was the breakfast: not much to it.

Overall, a good stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our front office staff!
I will surely pass on your compliments.
hopefully we can welcome you back soon.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I cannot complain, very nice hotel, good food in the bar if you don't feel like going out, restaurant a bit expensive. Rooms are spacious and very clean.
Nice walk into town if you like walking but close to tram as well.
I would come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing our hotel. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Krijn
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a nice time; good room, good breakfast, etc. Only issue I had was that when I asked where I could best park, I was shown the car park and then only the next day was told to pay 20 euros for it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank lagihari
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Three nights at the hotel as part of our Museum Trip in Holland -what better time to do it when the weather is poor, a shortage of tourists and the hotel deals are good. A very nice hotel with excellent service levels which though on the outskirts of the Hague is very close to the Gemeente & other museums. The rooms are well furnished with an excellent bathroom. We had breakfast included in the hotel rate which was a cold or hot buffet - a nice start to the day.Wi-Fi worked well in the room.Car parking available at the World Forum which you pay for when checking out. Good communications via the tram 1 to Delft, center of town or Scheveningen. Walking to the Hague center takes around 20 minutes plus. A lovely hotel which made for a relaxed stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive words!! We are glad you had a very relaxing stay.
Hopefully we will see you in the future again,

Kind regards,

Krijn
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed for a night in August. Location is good if you have business in that particular area (ie World Forum). Tram stop is within walking distance (Tram 17 Staten Kwartier) so it is convenient to go anywhere like Centrum, Central and Holland Spoor Stations etc. Walk further down and another tram stop (Tram 1 - Delft) will enable you to reach the Scheveningen beach or if towards the opposite site, Delft. Several museums are within walking-distance as well. You will hardly have any downtime.

I liked everything about the room and I probably had the best sleep therein during my month-long trip. Basic amenities are provided, room is spacious, adequately-furnished. I did not try hotel food (and I found the breakfast rate expensive) and just walked a few blocks to the nearest supermarket. There's also a bakery nearby which sells excellent breads (only accepts credit card for payment). Only downside during my stay is the dirty driveway - not a pleasant sight upon arrival. As to service, however, staff were very courteous and attentive. It was a relaxing stay overall.

Room Tip: Higher floor = nicer view of the surrounding area and less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive words concerning your stay at the Novotel World Forum.
I am happy our new rooms are to your liking and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
I completely agree on the renovation comments in front of our door, but luckely this is finished very soon.

Kindest regards,

Ottawa
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference held in May 2013. The rooms are quite small but in decent condition. I agree with fellow travelers that the elevator was very slow. The breakfast was quite expensive and the choices were limited. It is in an ideal location if your conference is at the World Forum, but you are quite far from restaurants and sightseeing locations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
krijntaat, General Manager at Novotel Den Haag World Forum, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know what you thought of our hotel and your stay.
This way we can improve our services.
We hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve!
Hope to see you again in the future,

Regards ,