Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel
US$134
US$125
  • Breakfast included
NH Atlantic Den Haag(The Hague)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$162
US$147
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Hague Marriott Hotel(The Hague)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$113
  • Restaurant
Ibis Den Haag City Centre(The Hague)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$71
US$131
US$121
  • Restaurant
Hilton The Hague(The Hague)
US$225
US$230
US$141
  • Pool
1,047 results
All reviewshigh teabeautiful hotelold worldsteam roomsmall poolescher museummodern amenitiesden haagrain showerjunior suitenespresso machinepublic areaslovely roomthe location is perfectaround the cornercentral stationconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was in Den Haag recently to visit family, and got a decent weekend rate. We are familiar with this hotel since the InterContinental days, then the revamped look by M. Garcia a la Hotel Costes during the Meridien period, then now under the Luxury Collection. First off, the check-in by the front desk personnel was exceptionally warm, welcoming, and accommodating. I was given a room right away - not the best location, but I was here to visit my family down the street, and did not care too much what kind of room I got, just grateful to have had one immediately. The reception team was probably the best I have encountered in a long time, very genuine in attitude. Everything was well addressed and every little problem was immediately resolved, indicating a very good customer service oriented management style. The door staff was a different story, however - inconsistent, indifferent, and under some rare exceptions, it was quite good - but mostly because the engagement was solicited, never volitional. I don't care if the doorman does not open the door for me, but I do care if it is done (or not done) in a consistent manner - so I can adjust my pace. Here sometimes they just stood and stare...Other time they run to hold the door...But this is not a unique problem to this hotel, I assume it is annoying having to run to the door every time there is a person coming and going. Anyhow, the overall hotel décor is a tad dark - but if one is familiar with Mr. Garcia's style (look at the Hotel Coste), it is to be expected. I am not a fan of the Hotel Costes, and I was a bit unease to go fall asleep without the light on under all that frighteningly complicated décor (Dutch East Indies reinterpreted...very cleverly done, I must say...). Nevertheless, the bathroom is modern, the amenities by Molton Brown, the bed exceptionally comfortable, and there is definite a very finished and high-end luxe feel to the room. Yes, definitely will return - specifically and only because of the reception team!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dom V
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Dom,

How delightful to read your extremely kind review!

We are very proud of all our ambassadors that work here in Hotel Des Indes It is very nice to learn that the feeling we strive to give our guests has met your expectations. We will be sure to pass on you comments to our reception team.

Indeed the style of Mr. Garcia is not to the liking of everyone but as you mention it is certainly unique and that is why it fits Des Indes perfectly.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back when visiting your family in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights as part of my company's package on moving to the Hague. The location of the hotel is great - very close to the city centre, yet far enough away from all the noise and crowds. The superior room I stayed in was a bit dark (maybe part of the atmosphere), but the bed was comfortable, and had everything I needed. Even though the company had paid for fast internet, even with the complimentary "slower" internet, it was already sufficient. Unfortunately the pool was closed so I didn't get to use the facilities, there was also a small gym room with a few treadmills, cardio machines and weights. The equipment is all clean and with recent technology. The style of the hotel was luxurious and opulent, maybe not suiting everyone's personal style choice but certainly different from most of the other 5 star sleek, modern business hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear traveler,

We are very pleased to have welcomed you here during your transfer to The Hauge.

It is great to read that the style of Hotel Des Indes has made a positive lasting impression with you. Please note that we also have rooms that allow more sunlight and upon request we will do our best to accommodate you in that room.

We hope that you have has a smooth move to The Hague and hope that we can welcome you back for a visit to our lounge/restaurant where we have recently implemented a new concept.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Fantastic property in the heart of Hague. My wife and I spent 4 nights. Super friendly staff at the hotel. Would especially point out the above average welcoming at the front desk and the concierges, Best in Class. You set the right ambience for us and the stay. The Superior room was very good. Even though the property was old, there were no noise from traffic and other rooms, and that was much appreciated. The history of the hotel is a must to read. Made the stay extra worth while. The property as such was amazing. If I would point out something to improve, it would be the gym, which could be larger and a little faster room service (50 min). But overall it was a fantastic experience. I will recommend this hotel to everybody, even if you visit Amsterdam, which we did. The property is ideally located in Hague.

Room Tip: Superior room with a view to the front.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan Erik J

Dear Jan Erik,

From what we can understand you have had truly indigenous experience at Hotel Des Indes.
We are very pleased to read that our ambassadors have given you and your wife a warm welcome.

We are happy to read that, as you have pointed out, we are an historical building and are located in the heart of The Hague noise has not been an issue during your stay.

Please be sure to visit us again and stop by our concierges for more ins and outs about The Hague and our hotel.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Mixed feelings about this hotel. It is very comfortable and the location is great. I stayed on Starwood points - so at no cost and as a platinum member. On check-in, several hundred euros were 'pre-authorised' against my credit card. Immediately done but in the meantime, I don't have the money any more (who does?) and it takes a week or more to let me have the credit back. I got away lightly. Two colleagues who were staying with me, also using points, had thousands of euros 'pre-authorised'. They got texts throughout the night - every night - telling them that the hotel had made another charge. None of us were using the minibar or eating in the hotel.

On saturday morning, I asked to extend my stay - on points - by one night. The receptionist said that the hotel was quite full but that she would sort it out for me. When I got back in the afternoon, I was asked to pay more than 400 euros for the extra night - which I declined, saying I was prepared to leave. A long discussion ensued with the duty manager who initially sticking on the 400+, said she would see what she could do. I retired to the room. Later, she told me that although it had been 'impossible', she could indeed extend my stay on points. I thanked her for accomplishing the impossible.

So this hotel will take you for everything they can and try to make you feel grateful. If you are not travelling with a company credit card and don't care what they take off you, find somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew R

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your stay at Hotel Des Indes and the time you have taken to give us feedback of your stay. We acknowledge your Platinum status with Starwood and can understand your disappointment.

Making the check in authorizations is a hotel policy and we can understand that for your type of reservation the amount authorized has been too high. Our credit card system checks the balance of the guests and if necessary makes an addition to the already authorized amount every night. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the proper department so that this will not be repeated.

Reservations made by points should never be a problem in our hotels but unfortunate for the guest can only be done by calling Starwood service desk.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited Des Indes for high tea on a Sunday afternoon. We are all vegetarians and the hotel was well able to cater for this. The tea consisted of four courses, all of which were tasty and well presented. The staff was very friendly and the teas, including the hotel's own brand, were excellent. The tea, and the beautiful music from the harpist, made for a very special afternoon in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

We are very pleased to read that you have experienced our indigenous Hotel Des Indes high tea, and that it was to your expectations.

Our Sunday afternoons are very popular and we are very proud of our High Tea tradition.