“Unexpected delight” 5 of 5 bubbles

Panorama Mesdag
Ranked #4 of 167 things to do in The Hague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A magnificent experience in time and space.
River Forest Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Unexpected delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We visited the Hague for a day while in the Netherlands. We came here because it was "free" since we had a Museumkart. I had low expectations. It turns out that this was the biggest upside surprise of our week in the Netherlands. The Panorama painting was cool, the story of its refurbishment very interesting and the 3D art was spectacular. You should come here and then go the sea shore. I liked this better than the more popular Asher museum. It's easy to find and you will spend sixty to ninety minutes.

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Wonderful Illusion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had no expectation when I visited this museum. It is located nearby my friend's house in The Hague, so I decided to drop by. The 3D paintings on the ground floor are very smartly created. They leave us impression as if we're inside them and see them from various perspective. The views are different when we see them from different perspective. If we go upstair, we can see the 360-degree panorama painting. It feels real. In term of history, it also gives us idea about how Dutch people lived nearby Scheveningen area in the past.

Visited June 2014
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great place... Out of the past..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is history well preserved; easy to visit-not lots of time. Gives you a very different view of how Scheveningen used to look.

Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Over-rated Panorama”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This 360 degree painting inside a dome represented historical research of the area, and diligent application of paint. But, I found myself thinking "So what?". The sandy shore simulated in the foreground is a clever idea, but unconvincing because I can't imagine the Dutch would leave so much clutter on a beach or abandon useful articles . I believe the scenes depicted would interest people without knowledge of how things were many years ago, and also would be a worthy introduction to history for schoolchildren. Let's say I was interested to see it as a curiosity, but rather underwhelmed.

Visited May 2014
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wow! That says it all. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We did not know what we were going to see, but wow, we loved it! My husband and I thought we would drop in before the museum closed. Of course all the 3D art was very neat, but last and certainly not least, the panorama was fantastic. You really feel like you're looking at the landscape from the 1880s. You really need to see this!