“Staying at Hotel Sebel was a wonderful experience.”
Review of Hotel Sebel

Hotel Sebel
Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in The Hague
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Staying at Hotel Sebel was a wonderful experience.”
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed for a total of six nights at Hotel Sebel, and we couldn't have had a better experience. The hotel is in a quiet section of The Hague, and right across the street from a lovely small round park which in one section has several benches and chairs for sitting in the sun. It is also possible to order hors d'œuvres and drinks there in the afternoon, if you are so inclined. A tram track runs right by the hotel to take you wherever you want to go.
The accomodations are not "a la Marriott", but they are very pleasant, very clean, and very sufficient. (If climbing stairs is a problem, discuss this with the hotel first.)
The staff is exceptional. They were always helpful, and always treated us with friendly concern. I have found that hotel staff often mirror the values of the owners/managers; so I give kudos to the owners as well as to the staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Denmark
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Stayed here for two nights and I have mostly positive things to say. The room is big, service is excellent with firendly and helpful staff.

Only negative thing to say is the distance from the hotel to the city center which takes around 20 min by walk.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I have stayed here for work before but this time had my wife and 4 year old son with me. The hotel was friendly, easy to book and they helped with whatever we wanted. The family room was large and had room for my son to play as well as for us to sit and relax. It was also warm and had a small balcony - breakfast was continental but lots of choice including fruit. Our room did not have a fridge so they put a small one in for us. A good comfortable and clean hotel right on the 17 tram and close to the centre.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dpmanning
The Hague
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed in this hotel because we had a function around the corner. They gave us the room overlooking the square and we loved it. Spacy and clean. Good bathroom etc. Taking in account the tram virtually runs over the doorstep, this is an ideal hotel to use as a base camp for a visit in The Hague. It was great value for money as well. I would certainly send our overseas guests there if they want to see The Hague.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Hotel Sebel had some really nice qualities I thought - there was a small scale family feeling about it, and Mrs Zhang was a mine of useful tips and information. I did find it noisy (my neighbours woke me EVERY night when coming in after 1 am and then talking loudly). But I enjoyed my stay there, the breakfast was good, it's got a good tram service right outside the door and was within walking distance of restaurants, museums etc.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 4 September 2010

It was pleasent stay specially having read some of the negative comments. Renovation must have been over as there was no sound at all. Rooms were clean and comfortable - not fancy but very adequate. Unbeatable for the price I paid.Transportation to the center of the city was excellent; trams only a 100 meters away. The best staff were the staff - helpful, smiling and assisting in any way they could. I will definitely stay there when I return to Den Haag. Brakfast was also good.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The hotel is well located not far from tram stops to get to the beach and walkable to the city centre itself.
The rooms are clean if a little small but the hotel provided excellent value for money in a pretty expensive city for hotels. The breakfast was adequate in continental style and the staff seemed friendly. I d recommend this hotel to visitors to the hague.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple