“Excellent hotel in the city”

Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectation in every way. I had read a lot of reviews that influenced my decision to stay and I must say in total, It was worth it. While making my booking, I had asked for an early check-in and a double bed (even though in Europe, a double bed seems to still mean 2 single beds put together) and I got both of my requests.
The hotel is just a walking distance to the city centre, central station, restaurants- there is even a China town close by, etc. So much activity close by even for kids (I travelled alone but saw an amusement park,as it was still school holiday time). Many of the receptionists are so polite and helpful. I will come back here again when I am in The Hague.

A few minuses, though will not affect my decision to stay here again: the room cleaner needs to do a better job. The lifts jerk uncomfortably twice when they reach the floor of interest. Even with my windows shut, I could hear some noise from another bar close by.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament and for your time to write such a nice review!

We are very pleased we have exceeded your expectations :-) Our colleagues always try their hardest to make such things happen and it is always nice to hear that we have succeeded in doing just that.

I believe that during your time with us the lifts didn't quite function the way they should have (there wasn't any risk for our guests of course). I'm glad to report that we had an engineer come in whom serviced the elevators. Furthermore I did address the cleanliness to our housekeeping department. Our focus on cleanliness is something we normally pride ourselves with, so thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Looking forward to welcome you back as our guest again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure, its a fantastic no frills, comfortable and homely place. In Den Haag, it has a superb location and the staff are absolutely amazing.

Ticks 99% of the boxes, having stayed a few hotels around the area, you wont find better value.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

It's great to welcome you back each time you come to The Hague! :-) Calling our hotel your Home away from Home is probably the best compliment you can give us for which we are very greatful. You do have to tell me next time you are staying how we can turn the 99% into 100% :-)

Till next week :-)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Superb location right in the centre of the city this hotels gives just about everything that is needed. The hotel reception is modern and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The garage is a bit tricky to park in with a large car, although with practice this does get easier.
Breakfast was good with plenty to choose from. The only negative would be that with such superb public areas it was a pity that no meals or bar snacks were served in the evening although there were vending machines. Nearby there were plenty of restaurants though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your stay at Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament!

I've enjoyed reading your nice comments about our colleagues and services. Indeed our city parking can be tricky sometimes, good to hear however that you've managed. :-)

We look forward welcoming you back in our hotel on your next visit to The Hague.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was a little hard to find in all the one way streets, and we missed the hotel parking the first night, but there is a parking garage right out front, so very convenient. The lobby is nice, staff friendly and room generous sized. Very nice continental breakfast included and all of it very family friendly for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Holiday Inn Express The Hague Parliament!

We do have indeed limited parking available under the hotel which we offer to our guests on the basis of availability. Thankfully there is also an additional parking garage only 20 meters away from our front doorstep. IT's really nice to hear as well that you have enjoyed our continental breakfast and the friendliness of our colleagues :-)

We look forward having you as our guest again on your next visit to The Hague.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 10am after a long overnight journey and the friendly man on reception was able to check us in straight away which was a huge relief to us weary travellers. The free breakfast was lovely with a very efficient girl on duty who never let the food run out or the tables stay dirty. The reception staff were very helpful and having use of a safety deposit box for free was a bonus. Rooms were nice and always clean. Location was superb you came straight out of the hotel to all the bars/restaurants and the shops/sights/train station/tram stop were only a short walk away. Despite the closeness to the bars the hotel was very quiet and no noise late at night could be heard. Definitely a good choice of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you greatly for the kind review you have written on your stay at Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament!

Our check in time is 3PM in the afternoon and as you have experienced we always do our best to accommodate our early arrivals as best as we can. It's great to see you can appreciate that as well as our friendly and efficient colleagues. I've ensured I passed on your kind words to Fianne from our breakfast team!

We look forward welcoming you back on your next visit to The Hague!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Location is awesome, walking distance to dozens of great restaurants, bars, parks and sights. Rooms are fresh and well equipped with reasonably comfy beds by European standards. Lobby is stylish yet utilitarian with friendly attendants. Breakfast is ample and included.

BUT you would do well to request an interior room, at least on the weekend nights, as the nearby Plein Square is LOUD at night -barely got any sleep. But other than that, the best value in the area for just a little over $100 (not including parking).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you for having chosen Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament as your prefered hotel while staying in The Hague!

It's great to see you value our central location as well as our services. I'm truly sorry to hear that your stay was somewhat disrupted by noises from the nearby square in the weekend. Eventhough we have insulated our exterior facing rooms, we do indeed have interior rooms available as well. Please do contact us on your next visit to The Hague, so we can ensure you a good night's sleep.

Looking forward welcoming you back on your next stay.

Front Office and Reservations Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a no-frills hotel in a perfect location in The Hague. There are a whole bunch of restaurants and shops a few steps away. The staff seemed nice enough and the breakfast was sufficient (although it is the same every day). All the rooms are carpeted, so if you have allergy issues, beware. I thought the room was a pricey for what you get; also, they changed me to a smaller room than what I had paid for in advance. But here's the biggest question mark I have about this hotel: I had to take an early-morning flight and in the rush forgot to pack the clothes I had worn the previous night. On my return home, I immediately contacted the hotel, and got some nonchalance response, after which nothing happened. After a few days, I got back in touch, and then I heard some lame explanation that only one person had access to the lost and found room, or something. When they finally got back with me, they said my clothes were not there. I'm a 100 % sure I left them in the room, so either the maid threw them away or stole them. Whatever the case may be, it puts the integrity of the hotel into question. This is obviously not about money, but about the "little things" that may turn into a dealbreaker whether you want to do business with such a hotel or not...

Room Tip: My room was to the inner courtyard and was very quiet.