“Business trip to The Hague ”
Review of NH Den Haag

NH Den Haag
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Modern comfortable hotel. The breakfast was great. Right across the street from the tram station and a short walk to a rail station allowing easy access to the airport by train.

Not many restaurants in the area however, so of you are looking to eat a quick meal after work, you are stuck with the hotel restaurant which has a very limited menu.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is of a good standard. The rooms are very good, comfortable with good amenities. Staff are very helpful and very courteous and the restaurant is pleasant and the standard of food is good and reasonably priced (for a hotel). The location is within easy walking distance of the railway station and trams, making transport not only around The Hague but from Schipol Airport very easy by train. One problem I had was that having already paid for the room on booking, my room was charged again to my credit card on checking out. I did not initially realise this and had to exchange emails to get a refund, which took one month. I did eventually get it and the Assistant Front Desk Manager was very helpful, assisting me greatly and being very courteous. Apart from this, I recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We discovered some restaurants and a grocery store several blocks away. Also, there were some nice restaurants on a busy street adjacent to the one I mentioned. You just have to walk--it's not that far. We actually enjoyed being with the locals.

The hotel was very nice and the breakfast quite good. However, they are stingy with the free mini bar. When ours was being refilled, the person chastised me for drinking the wine the night before. He said he had no more red wine and no more orange juice---so we were out of luck for our second night. This is mostly a business hotel, but they didn't take into consideration that 2 people were staying for 2 nights.

Don't let the location bother you....there are other places withing walking distance. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Everything in the hotel was very nice and clean. We booked it with a pretty nice discount on travelbird. the breakfast was excellent very nice and fresh. the bathroom was a bit strange because the windows where see-true so not a lot of privacy when you go to the toilet or shower.
I could recommend it

Room Tip: take the top floor for good views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting in Leiden (that was sold out). Adequate and well furnished rooms, very good breakfast, nice staff.
in summary it is a nice place but located far from the centre of the town. No restaurants, coffee shop or grocery store near this place and at 9 in the evening you can not have dinner in the neighborhood (and no place to buy something to eat). Finally we beg and they accepted to give us pasta, only that, not a salad or a fruit, only pasta.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was staying at this Hotel last week and had my handbag stolen, whilst it was next to me, as I ate breakfast in the Hotel dining room. The theft was very professionally orchestrated.
The Hotel staff warned me of the problem when I arrived to deliver a Seminar in one of their conference rooms.
Clearly there is a problem at the Hotel which the management appear to want to ignore. The manager of the hotel remained in his office with the door shut. The security guard also was noticeably absent at all times.
Perhaps if there more staff at breakfast, better management and obvious security then this problem may be abated.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Fiona W
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Booked this hotel through a "secret choice" website and was not expecting too much. However we really enjoyed our stay in NH Den Haag. Reception was helpful, the room was nicely furnished. However, one small gripe, they are a bit mean with the soap. You are lucky if you get 1 bar each day (for 2 people). Soundproofing was really good because when I opened the window I got quite a shock at the noise made by a passing tram.
Location was fine, once we started using the numbers 3 & 4 trams from the stop just around the corner, otherwise it was an awkward 15 min walk with a few busy roads to cross. We invested in 2 "OV-chipkaarts" for our trips on the buses and trams.
We didn't fancy paying 19 euros each for breakfast, and so made other arrangements. On weekdays there is a coffee shop next door in the atrium of the World Trade Centre, access to the right of the hotel reception desk.
Apart from a couple of cheap looking restaurants (5 min walk away from town), there was absolutely no local "scene". For me that was a plus as I don't want any hassle outside my hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple