“Modern hotel with good views”
Review of NH Den Haag

NH Den Haag
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice hotel to stay in for my business purposes. Although check that your shower hose doesn't leak! Dinner service could be better. On my last visit (18/19th Dec. 2013) the Nhube restaurant was undergoing refurbishment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Reviewed 4 January 2014

happy trip
kindly people
good location metro very nearby
maybe menu proposition in restaurant during the week-end
pitty not many people in restaurant food was excellent
thinks to do again without exception

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Very nice hotel with a terrific view.
We were lucky to stay on 11th floor and could see a great deal og Den Hague.
The rooms are nice and modern and clean.
The service was good and breakfast was VERY good and delicious.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Had booking and confirmation travelled 6 hours to this hotel to arrive at reception bearing in mind hotel virtually empty, had to wait 15 minutes to get opportunity to check in and only 1 person in front of me ! when my turn the reception man was huffing and puffing (hardly professional) then he could not find my booking ask me am I sure this is my name ! After another 5 minutes of him huffing and puffing I ask for duty manager who turned up but to be honest he was just as bad, he neither could find our booking I offered to leave him the confirmation number and my passport while he sorted out problem and ask can I go to a room please he refused, I then ask to speak with GM he refused said I am not allowed to speak with him, which I questioned eventually agreed to contact him, I spoke with him he did not seem too bothered the way the reception is run, but did agree to give me a room whilst they sort out problem he then confirmed this with his reception staff then when he come off phone the duty manager said to me " so do you want a room or not" that just topped it all, I decided to not even bother and decided to not stay and in fact left the hotel, really they could not care less, meaning that I had to find another hotel, but they was not in the least bit bothered, we spoke with the booking agents who informed us that they have had problems with this hotel previously we since found out that that the one person in front of us at check in also had same problem they could not find there booking either!
So if you do have the misfortune to have to stay here, be prepared when you arrive you might not get a room, or at very least be prepared for an unprofessional check in and very long winded indeed, like you are making the staff do something very difficult
My recommendation would be find another hotel ! I must say that after staying in hundreds of hotels throughout the world this must be my worst ever check in experience, so bad to make me not stay and have the hassle of finding alternative accommodation !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dubaiman
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Needed to go for a meeting at a nearby office across the street so stayed at this hotel. The location was very convenient (obviously), and the hotel had everything I needed and was clean and modern. Free breakfast that was included in my rate was nice too. Not a far walk to the train either.

The only downsides I would comment on are: (1) very slow but free wireless internet, and (2) rough toilet paper that must've been surplus from the Soviets.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Modern comfortable hotel. The breakfast was great. Right across the street from the tram station and a short walk to a rail station allowing easy access to the airport by train.

Not many restaurants in the area however, so of you are looking to eat a quick meal after work, you are stuck with the hotel restaurant which has a very limited menu.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is of a good standard. The rooms are very good, comfortable with good amenities. Staff are very helpful and very courteous and the restaurant is pleasant and the standard of food is good and reasonably priced (for a hotel). The location is within easy walking distance of the railway station and trams, making transport not only around The Hague but from Schipol Airport very easy by train. One problem I had was that having already paid for the room on booking, my room was charged again to my credit card on checking out. I did not initially realise this and had to exchange emails to get a refund, which took one month. I did eventually get it and the Assistant Front Desk Manager was very helpful, assisting me greatly and being very courteous. Apart from this, I recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business